This thread is privately moderated by pdawg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2016, 10:45 AM
Need 4 Speed!
Thread OP
Discussion

Illini Super Jets 2016

This past weekend the members of the Eli field in Champaign IL held their annual Illini Super Jets event. The turnout from around the country was incredible as were the aircraft and pilots. Thank you to all the members that made this event possible! Looking forward to attending next year.
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 11:00 AM
Pro Hoarder
Super cool! that F1 is ridiculous.That gear must cost more than all my planes together..
Latest blog entry: In flight
Aug 20, 2016, 10:47 AM
Official Boat Bum
Agree, The F-1 Mirage is my personal Favorite of these pics. Amazing.

Turbines have made a come back and the prices have really lowered with Jetcat and BVM having had a lot of competition in the past 5 years. Kingtech and some other kit offerings have really surged in quality, choice and cost competitiveness.

There will always be a market for electric though. I prefer electric in the dry summer months for pure fire safety at my location (my preference only, not a prohibition). EDF flies different and is better for precision aerobatic demos IMHO, along with the technical cool factor in it's own way. In the winter and spring I fly turbine as often as I can since quick turns and time in air for the price is so reasonable.

Thanks for the photos, looks like a really cool event.

Quick Reply