Eachine Wizard X220 (Under construction) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Sep 06, 2016, 09:29 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
There isn't any point forcing the USB to work. If it doesn't work on a USB-spec conforming device, then we should not force it to work on a non-USB spec conforming hub. Forcing something to work out of spec is almost never a good idea. The safety mechanism is in place to prevent any catastrophic failures. Yes, a (badly designed, out-of-spec) powered USB hub may have some headroom because it doesn't obey the specifications, but I don't think that is a good idea. Reason as follows:

They said that the initial design was for the LEDs to tap power from the flight controller (DUH!) They have realized the mistake (DUH!) and tapped power directly from the PDB.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2016, 03:54 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
So it takes re-soldering a few wires to get it to work as it should?
Sep 07, 2016, 03:00 PM
I'm interested in knowing this as well as I have one ordered and on it's way...thanks in advance
Sep 09, 2016, 07:55 AM
My USB is working flawlessly. Made screenshots of most settings, including CLI Dump. Weird thing is that they did pogram modes to switch on SwC, but while manual says switch up is "beginner mode", the quad is only in beginner mode with the switch in the middle, up and down are acro...

Also BlackBox is present with onboard memory, but disabled. The antenna connector is strange too, even with it tightened as far as it can go, it is loose, and may even have intermittent contact.

I agree the battery strap should be on the holes more to the rear. The batery is held better, and is closer to the center of gravity.
Sep 10, 2016, 02:34 PM
This thing is fast and agile, even with rates lowered.

More testing of the Eachine Wizard X220 (2 min 34 sec)
Sep 10, 2016, 03:14 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
This thing is fast and agile, even with rates lowered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDDI0qSwh6c
Did you put some expo in?
Sep 10, 2016, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Did you put some expo in?

Most settings stock. I enabled Motor_Stop, and BlackBox. Changed Modes so Angle is active for the switch up, and not as it came, switch in the middle defaulting to Angle, and switch up or full down were acro. Weird setting...

Expo is all stock settings, right out of the box, so the only expo that is programmed, is on the receiver tab. Just reduced rates from 0.70 to 0.25 for less twitchiness.
Sep 10, 2016, 04:16 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Most settings stock. I enabled Motor_Stop, and BlackBox. Changed Modes so Angle is active for the switch up, and not as it came, switch in the middle defaulting to Angle, and switch up or full down were acro. Weird setting...

Expo is all stock settings, right out of the box, so the only expo that is programmed, is on the receiver tab. Just reduced rates from 0.70 to 0.25 for less twitchiness.
Hmmm yeah well I guess you don't need super fast rates for Angle mode
Sep 10, 2016, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Hmmm yeah well I guess you don't need super fast rates for Angle mode
It's still the fastest responding quad I have. Forward pitch is insane, as well as roll response. I believe FyreSG mentioned that it's got SuperExpo set, so all controls are much boosted when you make bigger stick inputs. Would be a logical explanation, as it's more agile than the P175, which has about the same rates set, also has very good power to weight ratio, and X-shape frame.

I think with SuperExpo off, the stock rates of 0.70 would be very needed. I'll see if I can do some horizon or acro flying with it, but need to find a new flying spot for that first. My favorite location, with very soft soil, is not always available, and when flying acro, I want to be above a surface that gives the quad the best chances of survival in case of a crash.
Sep 11, 2016, 12:29 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
If anyone's interested, Joshua made two informative videos on Super Expo:

Betaflight Super Expo Explained (6 min 7 sec)

Betaflight Super Expo Rates: How To Configure (5 min 10 sec)
Sep 11, 2016, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the links. I had already watched the first, as I wanted to know what it was, after reading from you about it. I'll definitely wathc the second vid too. From what I understand the big difference with regular expo is that regular expo just adjusts the stick response within the set endpoints, while superexpo also increases the endpoints, so you get faster degrees per second speed on all axis, and more max pitch and roll angle in Angle-mode.

I agree it takes some getting used to, it tends to feel twitchy at first, but also is exciting, since you get such direct reaction on controls, but still the quad is instantly stable and smooth when you reduce the stick input. It's almost like Jekyll and Hyde, from wild to very civilized in a split second.
Sep 11, 2016, 01:47 AM

Now available in ARF guys with 2205-2300kV motors

Folks the brand new Eachine Wizard X220 now comes in the flavours of 2205-2300kv motors with a 6DoF F3 flight controller. This will be interesting for those who aspire for a faster Wizard X220. Cheers!

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Wiza...p-1085802.html
Last edited by sjlow5; Sep 11, 2016 at 01:55 AM.
Sep 11, 2016, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlow5
Folks the brand new Eachine Wizard X220 now comes in the flavours of 2205-2300kv motors with a 6DoF F3 flight controller. This will be interesting for those who aspire for a faster Wizard X220. Cheers!

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Wiza...p-1085802.html

Even more power? It's already no slouch on 3S with the 2204 motors.
Sep 11, 2016, 02:08 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
I'll take as much power as possible... I can tune it down if need be
Sep 11, 2016, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I'll take as much power as possible... I can tune it down if need be
There are no limits to power mates. The more, the better