Eachine Wizard X220 (Under construction) - Page 4 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 03, 2016, 06:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Sounds great, and having a FC come with different settings than the defaults, that sometimes are barely flyable, sounds great too. Thanks for the update.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2016, 02:32 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Sounds great, and having a FC come with different settings than the defaults, that sometimes are barely flyable, sounds great too. Thanks for the update.

After the ER250, EF250, EF18, EA180 V1, EA180 V2, EF210, it's time to converge to something not so bad isn'it ?
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 04, 2016, 03:09 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
After the ER250, EF250, EF18, EA180 V1, EA180 V2, EF210, it's time to converge to something not so bad isn'it ?

Lol, yeah. Quite a few designs and combinations were tested, each with some highlights, and some big misses. Tuning has almost always been a miss though, often requiring a bit more than some polishing.

Btw, you forgot the EC250.
Sep 04, 2016, 01:13 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Irock1985's Avatar
Well I think we all had been recommending better ESC's for months... Hopefully they continue using these and don't take a step back.
Sep 04, 2016, 01:15 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar

Part 1 is ready!


Just finished my review video and it's already 1:15am! Time to sleep. I'll try to highlight some points in this thread tomorrow.

Eachine Wizard X220 RTF Review - Part 1 (12 min 11 sec)
Sep 04, 2016, 02:00 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Nice vid. I hope the extra wrench and prop nuts are not a mistake. I often get annoyed when there are no spare prop nuts in a package, it's so easy to lose one, in a "tree incident".

Great to see it flies well out of the box, with maybe just a little fine tuning needed. Btw, isn't there a chance the oscillations on high throttle are motor related? I just happened to run into a similar thing with the Assassin V2 ARF, that I got, but no P setting removed the effect. Turned out to be a motor that was running not smoothly, after replacing it, the oscillations were gone.

Though it wouldn't be the first Eachine that has been tuned a little too high on P.

Shame about the different VTX connector, and not being able to easily access the VTX frequency selection. What is the default channel yours was set to?
Sep 05, 2016, 12:31 AM
aka RCFlyer85
Irock1985's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Nice vid. I hope the extra wrench and prop nuts are not a mistake. I often get annoyed when there are no spare prop nuts in a package, it's so easy to lose one, in a "tree incident".

Great to see it flies well out of the box, with maybe just a little fine tuning needed. Btw, isn't there a chance the oscillations on high throttle are motor related? I just happened to run into a similar thing with the Assassin V2 ARF, that I got, but no P setting removed the effect. Turned out to be a motor that was running not smoothly, after replacing it, the oscillations were gone.

Though it wouldn't be the first Eachine that has been tuned a little too high on P.

Shame about the different VTX connector, and not being able to easily access the VTX frequency selection. What is the default channel yours was set to?
Yeah it kinda sounds like a bad motor to my ears
Sep 05, 2016, 02:18 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Yeah it kinda sounds like a bad motor to my ears

I find it hard to determine. On my EB185 it was the P-term, as lowering it, or experimenting with TPA, made it go away. On the EA180 the sound was very similar, but lowering P or TPA didn't make any difference, and it turned out to be bad motor.
Sep 05, 2016, 02:36 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Just finished my review video and it's already 1:15am! Time to sleep. I'll try to highlight some points in this thread tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3naRneHxE8U
Can't wait mine ... Seems to be the 90% perfect Eachine machine Student in progress for sure ....

No OSD or builtiin buzzer ?
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 05, 2016, 03:04 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Listening more to the sounds, especially on 4S, the noise seems to go away again at higher RPM. It's like a certain RPM band that the vibrations occur. I thought high P oscillations would get worse and worse with increasing RPM. But it seems that on 3S these occur at full throttle, and on 4S earlier then full throttle, but then die down again, as on 4S punches when it reaches full throttle, I think I hear a more even sound. Like with the "tree jump" at around 11:50, first you hear the vibrations increase, than at full throttle stop, and when on top of the "arch" the throttle is lowered, the noise comes back.
Sep 05, 2016, 07:39 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar
I haven't had time to work on the PIDs but I'm pretty sure the shakes were caused by high P. It does sounds like it. Also, the default P gains are rather high, and the motors are very unlikely to be damaged on arrival. I'll just drop P gains by 1.0 then see what happens.

The weak VTX joint is disappointing. Not only you may lose the antenna in a crash, while walking to it, the VTX may heat up and burn the VTX.

There isn't a good place for the RX antennas. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

I need to find a way to disable the LEDs, especially while connecting the USB port to the FC. Otherwise, I can't calibrate the ESCs.
Sep 05, 2016, 08:01 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I haven't had time to work on the PIDs but I'm pretty sure the shakes were caused by high P. It does sounds like it. Also, the default P gains are rather high, and the motors are very unlikely to be damaged on arrival. I'll just drop P gains by 1.0 then see what happens.

The weak VTX joint is disappointing. Not only you may lose the antenna in a crash, while walking to it, the VTX may heat up and burn the VTX.

There isn't a good place for the RX antennas. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

I need to find a way to disable the LEDs, especially while connecting the USB port to the FC. Otherwise, I can't calibrate the ESCs.

Indeed, lowering P is a way to find if the P-term is causing the issue. On my EB185 the "bad vibes" went away with lower P, on my EA180 V2 not. Both sounded very similar, oscillating sound on high throttle. You have a black box btw, so that can help with analyzing.


How about connecting the USB cable through a powered USB hub? That will put the load on the hub, and not on the USB port of your computer/laptop, etc.
Sep 05, 2016, 01:06 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Irock1985's Avatar
[QUOTE=FyreSG;35650767


There isn't a good place for the RX antennas. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.
QUOTE]
Sep 06, 2016, 09:50 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
FyreSG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Indeed, lowering P is a way to find if the P-term is causing the issue. On my EB185 the "bad vibes" went away with lower P, on my EA180 V2 not. Both sounded very similar, oscillating sound on high throttle. You have a black box btw, so that can help with analyzing.


How about connecting the USB cable through a powered USB hub? That will put the load on the hub, and not on the USB port of your computer/laptop, etc.
I was working with EF210 so I haven't resolved the shakes.

I don't think the USB hub will help. If the total current draw is over USB specifications, and the USB hub conforms to the USB specifications just like computers and laptops, then using a USB hub won't help.

BG has replied that this was a known issue and it has been resolved. As usual, mine belongs to the early batch with issues; subsequent batches will not be affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
...
Positioning the antennas at the front looks like a good idea. Thanks.
Sep 06, 2016, 10:14 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Could be the USB hub has some headroom.

Did they tell what the fix is, that is going to be implemented on later produced batches?