Jul 06, 2019, 08:26 PM
Trith_FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajcnt
Just another video of a full original x220 (with 4s).
Do you think I can eliminate some jello effect with some PID tuning?
I'm going to change those motors very soon, I hope it could help.

https://youtu.be/gj5BcHN9MR8

The original motors have crap bearings that make they jitter around. I use EMAX RS2205 2300kv Red bottoms. They work perfectly well with the stock ESC, as long as you fly a free style prop and nothing too aggressive.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
The original motors have crap bearings that make they jitter around. I use EMAX RS2205 2300kv Red bottoms. They work perfectly well with the stock ESC, as long as you fly a free style prop and nothing too aggressive.
Only one stock ESC still survive
..do you think that with those EMAX if I want to try 5045 props I'm fine with 20A ESCs?
Jul 10, 2019, 09:33 AM
Trith_FPV
Yes.

I fly DAL T5045 Cyclones with those EMAX motors and the 20A ESC without any issues. ( they dont even get warm )
Jul 14, 2019, 08:23 PM
Took my re built Wizard out for a spin yesterday . I was a little cautious because I did not want to hit a tree it has been a while since I flew at this park.

I recently added a Foxeer mini Arrow o the frame. It has a built in OSD but I am using betaflight OSD instead. I am using the Foxeer OSD on my Rooster frame and it works well.

Eachine Wizard 220: revisiting an old friend (4 min 48 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 10:26 AM
Eachine Wizard X220S / Hero 4 (5 min 43 sec)
Sep 19, 2019, 08:28 AM
Trith_FPV
Whoa Whoa this is the OG x220 thread. The X220S IMO was an inferior design with plastic arms!
Sep 30, 2019, 06:40 PM
SSM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk

Still flying

Buzzing round locally. Just an excuse to put some decent jazz to a video (Buck Clayton & Buddy Tate, 1961).

My original Wizard is still going strong after a few years now. It's been in the sea twice (!) but only had the camera and the ESCs replaced.

I'm no flyer but enjoy the music at least while I enjoy the view ....
Simon

Rompin at Redbank 1961 (3 min 43 sec)
Oct 08, 2019, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know what this means - Lately I've been flying my X220hv and I can see in the fpv goggles itself the quad shaking/vibrating from side to side really quickly and you can kind of hear the stutter in the sound of the blades.

Happens more when I'm cruising around. At first I thought mid-throttle oscillations and started to troubleshoot this. I've soft mounted the motors, changed the props even washed out my motors but do struggle with this from time to time.

Any pointers would be much appreciated

Thanks
Jake
Oct 10, 2019, 06:01 AM
SSM
SSM
Fun Flight this morning

I suspect this copter is close to being on its last legs - so enjoy it while I can ....

Blowhole (2 min 20 sec)
Oct 14, 2019, 06:55 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
SSM - Nice job with the old legendary Wizard!!

What HD cam are you carrying? Footage looks nice.
Oct 14, 2019, 05:55 PM
SSM
SSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
SSM - Nice job with the old legendary Wizard!!

What HD cam are you carrying? Footage looks nice.
Thanks kydawg1 - why, that's just my not-so-legendary Runcam3 in Painless360 PLA mount hot-glued to the front. I keep pranging the old Wizard and I keep fixing it up, until one day it won't fix no more!
Oct 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
Is it still a good option for beginners?
Oct 18, 2019, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinoman
Is it still a good option for beginners?
It was the first FPV quad for many, but it's an outdated quad with a F3 flight controller and comparably poor camera. I'd look for something newer and more advanced.

Quick Reply