Eachine Wizard X220 (Under construction) - Page 281 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 09:06 AM
Trith_FPV
Anyone try the new DAL T5040C Cyclones?

I've been rocking the T5045C's for a bit. Im hoping to snag a little more battery life, and a little more control. I miss the T5040 V2's, but Im addicted to the speed of the cyclones!

I have some coming in Sunday. I plan on doing a review / flight.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
Anyone try the new DAL T5040C Cyclones?

I've been rocking the T5045C's for a bit. Im hoping to snag a little more battery life, and a little more control. I miss the T5040 V2's, but Im addicted to the speed of the cyclones!

I have some coming in Sunday. I plan on doing a review / flight.
Yep, those are what I am running. I like them a lot. I have the T5045C's sitting here ready to try, but I don't want to change out the T5040C, I like them too much .
Jan 12, 2018, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
I would go with the X220 and immediately replace the camera with a Runcam Swift 2. The stock camera is terrible. I started on 3S because it was my first quad. Once I moved to 4S there is no going back. Don't buy many 3S batteries but I would start on 3S. I like the FrSky R-XSR receiver. It's new, small, and only $19 and it does telemetry.
Any pictures of your r-xsr install? I have been using spektrum, but I recently bought a taranis and I have xsr and an r-xsr ordered. Not sure which I'll put on my wizard. Have you tried both? And have you had any range issue? Also heard the xm+ is a solid choice too. Way too many option, spectrum had one lol.

Let me know what you think
Jan 12, 2018, 11:50 AM
Trith_FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Yep, those are what I am running. I like them a lot. I have the T5045C's sitting here ready to try, but I don't want to change out the T5040C, I like them too much .
Ive been using the T5045C's. I really like the speed. But they aren't as snappy on spool up as I would like. I'm hoping the T5040C's give me the best of both worlds!
Jan 12, 2018, 11:58 AM
the CYCLONE's had this weird .5 sec vibe and to much vibe on punchout. put these on last night and much smoother, DALPROP Crystal

im going for smoother video
Jan 12, 2018, 12:09 PM
With Swift 2 which lens is better 2.3 or 2.5? For FOV.
Jan 12, 2018, 12:17 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez
the CYCLONE's had this weird .5 sec vibe and to much vibe on punchout. put these on last night and much smoother, DALPROP Crystal

im going for smoother video
Yeah I only use the "Crystal" version of most props since they're stronger/stiffer in my opinion
Jan 12, 2018, 01:15 PM
Trith_FPV
I had to tune for the DAL T5045C's. (I'm assuming because of how stiff they were, and heavy) In order to remove all vibes, I increased my derivative value to 30/30 for roll and pitch. Up from 22/23.

Before, the tune was fine for the T5040 V2's. But they were also very flexible. Which absorbs a lot of the vibes you'd normally get from prop wash..ect..
Jan 12, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshakv
With Swift 2 which lens is better 2.3 or 2.5? For FOV.
The 2.3 and 2.5 lenses are fairly similar. I dont have a 2.5, but the 2.3 ive got now looks great and gives me a lot of viewing area
Jan 12, 2018, 02:01 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flyin Beardo
The 2.3 and 2.5 lenses are fairly similar. I dont have a 2.5, but the 2.3 ive got now looks great and gives me a lot of viewing area
I like the 2.3 lens also.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrared69
Any pictures of your r-xsr install? I have been using spektrum, but I recently bought a taranis and I have xsr and an r-xsr ordered. Not sure which I'll put on my wizard. Have you tried both? And have you had any range issue? Also heard the xm+ is a solid choice too. Way too many option, spectrum had one lol.

Let me know what you think
I don't have the R-XSR installed in my Wizards - using the X4R--SB in them because I built them up before the R-XSR came out. I have the R-XSR in three other builds. I would go with this over the XM+ because it has telemetry and XM+ does not. (No range issues with either) You hook the R-XSR up the same as any other SBUS receiver. It goes into the IO2 connector on the rear of the board - uses the first three pins. You then have to set the board up for Serial Rx and SBUS. Joshua Bardwell has a good video on how to do this on the Wizard.
Jan 13, 2018, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
I had to tune for the DAL T5045C's. (I'm assuming because of how stiff they were, and heavy) In order to remove all vibes, I increased my derivative value to 30/30 for roll and pitch. Up from 22/23.

Before, the tune was fine for the T5040 V2's. But they were also very flexible. Which absorbs a lot of the vibes you'd normally get from prop wash..ect..
I'm running T5045C, and I'm very happy with them. I soft mounted motors and it's really smooth. I don't have any vibrations.
Jan 13, 2018, 08:48 AM
Trith_FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyachi
I'm running T5045C, and I'm very happy with them. I soft mounted motors and it's really smooth. I don't have any vibrations.
I at first tried to soft mount my motors. But I didnt like the way it felt. So I soft mounted my FC instead.. which for me worked out much better.
Jan 13, 2018, 09:02 AM
++ on softmounting the FC. These stock motors are poorly balanced and have cheap bearings but the quad flies fine with them if you soft mount the FC. I used rubber standoffs and it was an easy job to install them. My Yaw Twitches went away completely and my video is rock solid.
Jan 13, 2018, 09:07 AM
Mine has had some dodgy yaw glitches a few times. Like it won’t accept yaw input for a couple seconds or something. No clue what “soft mounting” even means unfortunately... I guess it’s one more thing to search YouTube for if/when I ever get internet at home..(I don’t know which company I currently despise more, Deutsche Telekom or Gearbest.....)

Quick Reply