Originally Posted by shen13
Thanks...I'll give a go..
Here is the screenshot of my Ports tab, set up for Telemetry, as you requested:
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2017, 01:09 PM

Pic

Thanks for the help......
Jul 15, 2017, 03:51 PM
I have smart port soldered to pin 3 on board..setup in betaflight just like above and still no pid values..I notice also I don't have vfas on taranis either..tried deleting sensors and rediscovery and still no go?
Jul 15, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
I have smart port soldered to pin 3 on board..setup in betaflight just like above and still no pid values..I notice also I don't have vfas on taranis either..tried deleting sensors and rediscovery and still no go?
I don't know what to tell you Dude, it worked for me.

It is probably something really small that you have missed. Some things to double-check:

Did you remember to turn on Telemetry in the Betaflight configuration tab?

When you discover new sensors, did you make sure that the battery was plugged in and the quad was armed?

Do you have Vbat wired up on your flight controller, and is it enabled in the Betaflight configuration tab?

Maybe the solder connection to the telemetry pin is bridged, those pins are very small, I recommend using kapton tape to cover up the other pins. Did you try just plugging in to the socket instead of direct-soldering (you won't be able to use the carbon side plates if you do this)?

Did you try re-binding the receiver after you hooked it up for telemetry?

Triple-check all the wires are connected to the correct pins on both the flight controller and the receiver according to the diagram in the video:
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 15, 2017 at 05:09 PM.
Jul 15, 2017, 08:54 PM
Trith_FPV
Perfectly calm night! Ran a couple packs. This was my best run!

Little Bit of Everything - x220 Freestyle (3 min 52 sec)

OneShot42 (4k/4k) is solid!!
Last edited by TR1T0N; Jul 16, 2017 at 02:15 PM.
Jul 15, 2017, 09:55 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac
Hey Irock , you still fly the FX070 ? The sudden drops that we talk about on that board has pretty much destroyed my internal parts that secure the main motor. I may get another; one day but will probably buy a quad instead.
Not in a long time though it's still flying great it's just not as fun as all the quads I've been flying and reviewing since...
Jul 16, 2017, 02:05 PM

pids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
I don't know what to tell you Dude, it worked for me.

It is probably something really small that you have missed. Some things to double-check:

Did you remember to turn on Telemetry in the Betaflight configuration tab?

When you discover new sensors, did you make sure that the battery was plugged in and the quad was armed?

Do you have Vbat wired up on your flight controller, and is it enabled in the Betaflight configuration tab?

Maybe the solder connection to the telemetry pin is bridged, those pins are very small, I recommend using kapton tape to cover up the other pins. Did you try just plugging in to the socket instead of direct-soldering (you won't be able to use the carbon side plates if you do this)?

Did you try re-binding the receiver after you hooked it up for telemetry?

Triple-check all the wires are connected to the correct pins on both the flight controller and the receiver according to the diagram in the video:
Hello
I believe i finally go the pids and rates setup on my taranis,,now im having a time trying to get the vtx setup on betaflight?now sure on what port settings to use..i keep trying to change port settings to get tbs smart port to work and i have to keep redoing the settings in betaflight..need help where or how i need to configure the port settings and where to wire the white wire from tbs unify to get vtx screen to work in the taranis....thanks attached is pic of my config now and pids working in taranis,,
Jul 16, 2017, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Hello
I believe i finally go the pids and rates setup on my taranis,,now im having a time trying to get the vtx setup on betaflight?now sure on what port settings to use..i keep trying to change port settings to get tbs smart port to work and i have to keep redoing the settings in betaflight..need help where or how i need to configure the port settings and where to wire the white wire from tbs unify to get vtx screen to work in the taranis....thanks attached is pic of my config now and pids working in taranis,,
I am not that familiar with the TBS Unify or SmartAudio which it uses to get the flight controller to be able to change your VTX settings. However, I do believe that it requires an unused UART.

The SP Racing F3, which the Wizard uses, only has three UARTs, and you are using them all already. UART1 is being used for connecting to the flight controller via USB, UART2 you are already using for telemetry, and UART3 is being used for the SBUS receiver signal.

Unless someone else knows otherwise, I think that if you want to use SmartAudio, you will have to upgrade to an F4 board which has more UARTs, or a different F3 board - one that uses USB VCP to connect the to computer instead of a UART.

Here is Joshua Bardwell's video on the TBS Unify SmartAudio:

BETAFLIGHT 3.1 TBS UNIFY SMARTAUDIO | Change vTX channel and power remotely! (5 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 16, 2017 at 03:45 PM.
Jul 16, 2017, 04:27 PM
UPDATE:

I did a bit more research on this, and you may be able to connect SmartAudio to a Soft Serial port. I think you need to be running Betaflight 3.1.7:

Go to the Configuration tab and enable SoftSerial, save and reboot.

Connect the SmartAudio cable from your VTX to pin6 on IO 1 of the flight controller (see diagram below).

Go to the Ports tab in Betaflight and for SoftSerial1, under Peripherals, select TBS SmartAudio. Then save and reboot.

See if that works. Good luck.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 16, 2017 at 05:19 PM.
Jul 16, 2017, 04:42 PM
Temporal flux...you are the man,,its working ....thank you very much for the time and support here...
Jul 16, 2017, 05:22 PM
Wow... it works?!?! I actually surprised myself on that one, LOL.

Good to know it working for you.
Jul 16, 2017, 07:07 PM
I had my maiden flight yesterday. Four flights so far. Seems just as agile as my 160 but with more power. I like this thing I may buy another to fly while the other cools down.
Jul 16, 2017, 07:37 PM
You shouldn't need to cool down a brushless motor quad. Just buy more batteries.
Jul 16, 2017, 10:27 PM
Sounds good!
Jul 17, 2017, 04:55 PM
Just got my new antenna in the mail!