May 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Steve
soldered directly to uart 3 pads and still nothing.... I set up a XM+ rx with no issues on another build.
If uart3 pad, you need connect rx signal to rx.

Because the pin standard rx pin was -+s
But uart was -+txrx
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 08:40 PM
My head in the clouds!
Yea. somethings not right. I tried a xm micro rx and still nothing. I set up a sp racing f3 on a 180 size quad and compared it. Everything is the same. And its working fine but even with everthing in BF setup just like it I get nothing on the rx tab. All the motors spool up fine though.
May 19, 2017, 09:51 PM
My head in the clouds!
The first thing I did when I took it out of the box was flash it with the latest release of betaflight. Maybe it has a faulty uart 3. Is that possible? Is uart 3 the only way to set up sbus? Can I solder it to uart 2?
May 19, 2017, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Ok. I'm having issues with the xsr. I know its bound because when I unplug it it says telemetry lost. I'm not getting any movement in betaflight under rx page. Looking at the board as the arrow pointing foward do you plug it into the right side of the arrow or the left? I've plugged it into both sides and tried enabling uart 2 and 3 and nothing. I have serial rx, sbus, and taer set as well. I might just solder it directly to the uart 3 pads. am I missing something?
It plugs into the socket to the left of the arrow, the one beside the buzzer pads. In the Ports tab, SerialRX must be turned on for UART3 (make sure MSP isn't turned on for UART3). In the Configuration tab, the Receiver Mode should be set to RX_Serial (or just 'Serial-based receiver' in recent Betaflight versions), with the Serial provider set to SBUS. Remember to save at every stage and have the battery plugged in. Try re-binding after setting all of this up.

BTW, what cable are you using to plug into the FC, the one that came with the Wizard, or the the one that came with the receiver? The 2nd diagram below (taken from this vid) is for the X4R, but should be more or less the same for the XSR. Pay particular attention to what pins the wires are going into on the FC socket.

EDIT: This diagram shows the same thing, but with a XSR (the board shown is the same as in the Wizard, but has sockets for the buzzer and Vbat pads):

Last edited by Temporal Flux; May 19, 2017 at 10:50 PM.
May 19, 2017, 10:32 PM
Why my quad won't go angle mode ?
Because it still level itself, the diff was,, the stick look heavier. The quad response slow or lower rate on across mode. The horizon look normal
May 19, 2017, 10:36 PM
My head in the clouds!
I'm using the one that came with it spliced in to the XSR. I also tried soldering the XSR directly to uart3. Everything is checked as you stated. I'll go back through it. recheck. and rebind. Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
It plugs into the socket to the left of the arrow, the one beside the buzzer pads. In the Ports tab, SerialRX must be turned on for UART3 (make sure MSP isn't turned on for UART3). In the Configuration tab, the Receiver Mode should be set to RX_Serial (or just 'Serial-based receiver' in recent Betaflight versions), with the Serial provider set to SBUS. Remember to save at every stage and have the battery plugged in. Try re-binding after setting all of this up.

BTW, what cable are you using to plug into the FC, the one that came with the Wizard, or the the one that came with the receiver? The diagram below (taken from this vid) is for the X4R, but should be more or less the same for the XSR:
May 19, 2017, 10:47 PM
My head in the clouds!
So I just went back through betaflight. double checked everything while saving and rebooting on each tab. Rebound and still nothing. It must be a faulty board.

Quote:

BTW, what cable are you using to plug into the FC, the one that came with the Wizard, or the the one that came with the receiver? The diagram below (taken from this vid) is for the X4R, but should be more or less the same for the XSR. Pay particular attention to what pins the wires are going into on the FC socket.

EDIT: This diagram shows the same thing, but with a XSR (the board shown is the same as in the Wizard, but has sockets for the buzzer and Vbat pads):

May 19, 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote:
So I just went back through betaflight. double checked everything while saving and rebooting on each tab. Rebound and still nothing. It must be a faulty board.
Could be. Can you try connecting the XSR to another board in order to rule out a fault in the Receiver end? Although, if you couldn't connect to the Wizard with an XM+ receiver either, it does suggest the problem is with the FC.

The only other thing I can suggest is to re-flash Betaflight again (making absolutely sure the target is SPRACINGF3).
May 19, 2017, 11:06 PM
My head in the clouds!
yea. tried flashing it to the second to latest firmware and still didn't work. Thanks for trying to help though!
May 19, 2017, 11:12 PM
Maybe try having a look at the underside of the FC, there is such a nest of wires on the PDB, that it would be easy to have something short against the FC (I'm just clutching at straws here).

I had to completely rewire my PDB and FC, they had done such a piss-poor job of it.
May 19, 2017, 11:25 PM
My head in the clouds!
for sure. I'll mess with it tomorrow.
May 19, 2017, 11:31 PM
Quote:
for sure. I'll mess with it tomorrow.
Found some information for setting the XSR up on UART2:

http://www.phasercomputers.com.au/20...us-smart-port/

Could be worth a shot.
May 19, 2017, 11:34 PM
My head in the clouds!
Dude you are awesome! thanks for finding that. I will resolder it to a connector that will fit in that plug and give it a try!

Quote:
Found some information for setting the XSR up on UART2:

http://www.phasercomputers.com.au/20...us-smart-port/

Could be worth a shot.
May 20, 2017, 12:01 AM
My head in the clouds!
uart 2 works! thanks for the diagram! this confirms that the board has a faulty uart 3.
May 20, 2017, 12:45 AM
I <3 Windy Days
Anyone else had vibration issues with the stock MR2205 motors? Just took my props off today after trying to do a bit of gopro jello troubleshooting and two motors are quite rattley when hand spun, as well as audibly noisier when spun up through Betaflight configurator.

Took the motor bells off and spun them in the top and bottom bearing separately, found the top bearing (in the stator) is the culprit.

Bloody things are only three flights old! (besides the one faulty ESC mine shipped with, no matter already upgraded those!)

Any better experiences when swapped for the Racerstar 2205? Are the bearings better?