Eachine Wizard X220 (Under construction) - Page 137 - RC Groups
Apr 20, 2017, 08:45 AM
HELP! switched my wizard over to an X4R and a Taranis. I've got everything working and I have watched this video over and over and made sure I did everything exactly like he did. Yet when I search for Telemetry I still only get the 4 channels instead of all 12. What am I doing wrong??? I also watched another video where you have to type in the CLI command tab to make sure Telemetry is on and it is. Any help????

Here is the Video I watched...

Wizard x220 Mods & SmartPort Telemetry Setup (11 min 45 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 08:51 AM
Member, CRRC
@enjoisht, not 100% sure, since it's been a while since I setup the telemetry, but if I recall, I believe you need to arm the FC before starting the "discover sensors" function on the TX.
Apr 20, 2017, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makattack
@enjoisht, not 100% sure, since it's been a while since I setup the telemetry, but if I recall, I believe you need to arm the FC before starting the "discover sensors" function on the TX.
Ok let me try that!! I did plug a lipo in but it was not armed
Apr 20, 2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makattack

Ok so armed it and did the Telemetry search, and it worked but only came up with 9 channels instead of 12? and no battery voltage
Apr 20, 2017, 01:42 PM
Trith_FPV
My most confident flight yet! I had a blast flying this pack! Had to share

420 freestyle! vlog#11 (3 min 54 sec)
Apr 20, 2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwdFda6YGw
Great flight! Can you post your pids, filters, motors, etc, thanks
Apr 20, 2017, 02:52 PM
Yeah dude nice flight!
Apr 20, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwdFda6YGw
Nice flying and that looks like an awesome place to live and fly.
Apr 20, 2017, 03:28 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoisht
Ok so armed it and did the Telemetry search, and it worked but only came up with 9 channels instead of 12? and no battery voltage
Do you have VBAT enabled in Betaflight? Do you have a wire connected from VFAS voltage on your PDB to VBAT on your flight board?
Apr 20, 2017, 04:38 PM
Trith_FPV
Thanks guys!

I'm starting to notice that I'm thinking less during flight, and just going with it. I think the anxiety that I first had when trying rate mode was holding me back.

^^^ I don't use RC expo, so instead I just keep my rates down. This keeps my roll/pitch and yaw linear during flight. Feels better to me. I also fly with Airmode enabled.

I'm still using the Stock MN2205 2300kv motors. Soft mounted with electrical tape. I also switched to using IBUS. That got rid of all the jitters I had on my receiver tab.

I never touched any of the filters. They are stock to BetaFlight 3.1
Apr 21, 2017, 07:36 AM
Question for all you Wizard... wizards:

I just got in 2 ARF Wizards (1 for me, 1 for my wife) and while one setups perfectly, the other shows all zeros on the receiver tab in Betaflight (yes, they came pre-flashed with Betaflight... I thought they were still shipping with Cleanflight). Using 3 different receivers gives the exact same result, but the same receivers work perfectly on the other Wizard.

Now for my question: is there anything that anyone can think of that would cause this or am I (as I fear) looking at a 'broken' flight controller?

Note: I posted this in both Wizard threads since it seems there are different people reading each one.

I'm editing my original post to include the below, but wanted to make sure you saw it:

EDIT for future reference (anyone else with the same problem): I used Solo's BF Dump file from post #2 of the other Wizard thread and my receiver is now working... still no clue what setting was bad, but it's fixed now!
Last edited by GRTWHT; Apr 21, 2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Fixed!
Apr 21, 2017, 09:10 AM
I would try dumping the setup from the working one into the non-working one. By the way I just ordered a Wizard from the Banggood sale. Looking forward to this!
Apr 21, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
By the way I just ordered a Wizard from the Banggood sale. Looking forward to this!
Me too (the ARF version, I'll put a FRsky receiver in it).

Although, Banggood told me that they couldn't ship it to my location via Priority Mail Direct (which is the option I usually use to get all my stuff from them), so they have sent it via Air Parcel register. That slightly worries me a bit, not sure what the problem was because the ARF version doesn't even come with a LiPo, but hopefully it will arrive OK.
Apr 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoisht
HELP! switched my wizard over to an X4R and a Taranis. I've got everything working and I have watched this video over and over and made sure I did everything exactly like he did. Yet when I search for Telemetry I still only get the 4 channels instead of all 12. What am I doing wrong??? I also watched another video where you have to type in the CLI command tab to make sure Telemetry is on and it is. Any help????

Here is the Video I watched...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDaxPe2K2zk&t=538s
If your only getting 4 channels that means the discovery isn't working. Make sure you have a lipo plugged in and you might even have to arm the quad. Also a couple of people reported not getting the vbat to work, I pointed them to Joshua Bardwell video on youtube showing how to hook up vbat, which strangely doesn't come done on the Wizard.
Apr 21, 2017, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Me too (the ARF version, I'll put a FRsky receiver in it).

Although, Banggood told me that they couldn't ship it to my location via Priority Mail Direct (which is the option I usually use to get all my stuff from them), so they have sent it via Air Parcel register. That slightly worries me a bit, not sure what the problem was because the ARF version doesn't even come with a LiPo, but hopefully it will arrive OK.
Not sure where you are but my order says it will ship Prority Mail Direct. I ordered the RTF version with Lipo.