Mar 20, 2017, 05:58 PM
i used to think that you should only use grease on motor bearings so for years took out them out and greased them. lately ive been using this in cheap hobby king motors and now the eachine motors and it really makes them run smooth
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfarts View Post
Look into soft mounting stock motors though, flies great then. It sure cut down on noise too.
saw a video where he put VHB tape under the motor, loctite, and then backed the screws out 1/2 turn. just installed this and will let you know
Mar 20, 2017, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
saw a video where he put VHB tape under the motor, loctite, and then backed the screws out 1/2 turn. just installed this and will let you know
Please do, did you have some twitching issues before? Also, I'm sure tape helps but, when I first was having twitches I soldered a cap to the battery leads. It didn't help. Then I just turned all motor screws out 1/4 turn. That worked so I knew that was the problem.
Mar 20, 2017, 11:11 PM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasKri View Post
Thank you microrcfiend, so if you were a newbie and you know both performaces right now, which one would be your favourite?
Bother are incredibly powerful, i'd probably go for something smaller if 'newbie' means first brush less quad. IF not , whatever the best deal was at the time if neither frame takes your fancy
Mar 21, 2017, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclinml View Post
Well, my wizard should be here in about a week. I have a Lemon DSMX sat that I would like to install in it.

http://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?ro...product_id=135

Not much mentioned on this thread about using Lemons. I have an adapter ordered that will step down 5 volts to 3 volts to power it. Is there a video out there that can explain the setup for this receiver, or can someone tell me which wires to use?

Thanks!
The wizard's FC has 3.3v out for receivers that require it.
Mar 21, 2017, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike19896 View Post
What Power Distribution Board dose the eachine wizard use? I think i fried mine
It's just a basic Matec. If you don't already have OSD, I recommend getting a PDB with OSD like a HUBOSD or something. Nice to have current usage and battery voltage on your video and only a couple bucks more.
Mar 21, 2017, 04:25 AM
Please ignore
Last edited by Charlville; Mar 21, 2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Please ignore
Mar 21, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfarts View Post
I have original rs2005 with xm20a on one frame with no problems yet. Rs2005s are said to run less amps. I just received my backup escs today, racerstar 30a. Just in case.

The frame I have the red bottoms on also carries a hd camera. If you are running the wizard without hd camera attached, I'd say just use the original until bearings go bad or you bend one.

Even with no hd camera on my other quad, it's not too noticable between power differences. Just maybe a little longer on punches.

Look into soft mounting stock motors though, flies great then. It sure cut down on noise too.
Thank you for sharing your experience!
I put the Emax 2205s motors on to see if they made any difference. And they actually feel a little bit more powerful than the original motors. The sound they make aswell as the overall "smoothness" has become a lot more pleasant And you were right, for now the 20A stock ESCs appear to handle the motors.

As to softmounting I had some O-rings made out of hard plastic. I put those under the screw aswell as inbetween the motors and the frame. Does that count as softmounting?
Mar 21, 2017, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaril View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience!
I put the Emax 2205s motors on to see if they made any difference. And they actually feel a little bit more powerful than the original motors. The sound they make aswell as the overall "smoothness" has become a lot more pleasant And you were right, for now the 20A stock ESCs appear to handle the motors.

As to softmounting I had some O-rings made out of hard plastic. I put those under the screw aswell as inbetween the motors and the frame. Does that count as softmounting?
Not too sure but you'll know if you get weird twitches at about mid throttle
Mar 21, 2017, 04:11 PM
Has anybody messed with the d term setpoint and weight sliders?

I'm using kingkong 5x4x3 props. 3.1.6
Mar 21, 2017, 04:55 PM
" red bottoms" what is this?
Mar 21, 2017, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
" red bottoms" what is this?
Emax rs2005s motors
Mar 21, 2017, 05:28 PM
Registered Fiend
They do work well on 20A ESC but come alive on 30A and definitely not reaching their full potential without it. Great motors
Mar 21, 2017, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
They do work well on 20A ESC but come alive on 30A and definitely not reaching their full potential without it. Great motors
I thought the amp-rating on ESCs only tells us how many amps the ESC can deal with over longer periods of time - how "good" he can dissipate the generated heat. Is that not the case?
Shouldn't the motors take as much as they want and the ESC either "survives" it or burns out?
Mar 21, 2017, 06:40 PM
Registered Fiend
Amperage is real time current rating, not over long periods of time.
Volts X Amps = Watts.

The motor, prop and lipo voltage along with actual throttle value determine the current used plus other smaller factors such as momentum of the quad and what you are asking it to do How good the ESC deals with heat is a separate factor although obviously a 20A ESC is going to get hotter in the Wizard than a 30A

20A ESC are generally rated for 30A for bursts (3 to 10 seconds depending on ESC manufacturer) and usually most flying styles won't be full throttle for more than 10 seconds. I have not managed to pop a single ESC running those motors on 20A ESC with 4S and even 6 blade props but that's not because they are not drawing more than 20A regularly.

I've killed lots of 20A ESC in the past asking too much from them but recently them seem to be much more robust to heat stress than pre one shot blheli ESC.

My P200 and 3 other quads use those motors on 5" props and my GB 190 is the only one that use 30A ESC and side by side tests are blatantly clear and they run cool rather than warm, more speed, more torque and better performance on triblade and above props. 3D is better too but that's not just down to amp rating, more CPU difference.