Creres rebuilt rebuild that was already rebuilt. - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Dangerous James, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2016, 11:45 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Discussion

Creres rebuilt rebuild that was already rebuilt.

Agarchitect had this SUSA Ceres and decided to let to go to a good home. I have seen worse...when is the question. I'm going to pull every trick I know to bring this baby back from the dead.
Last edited by Dangerous James; Aug 14, 2016 at 12:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2016, 01:07 AM
On the Go Fly List
Wow! You are doing an amazing rebuild James. This is proof that one should never think a plane is too far gone.

I think this story is going to have a happy ending

Adam
Aug 14, 2016, 10:21 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
I'll post a video of the maiden. She will definitely go to Oregon with me next year for Eagle Butte

DJ
Aug 15, 2016, 01:49 PM
What is the story with the white over yellow, the white still has the factory look Ceres logo?
Aug 15, 2016, 05:42 PM
On the Go Fly List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmills
What is the story with the white over yellow, the white still has the factory look Ceres logo?
The Ceres was mine before DJ got a hold of it so here's the story. I was not a fan of the yellow wings and red fuse so first I painted the fuse black and then the wings white. Before painting I took some pics of the logo and along with some images from the Baudis website I had Callie-Graphics make me some vinyl stock on graphics. She did a great jobarching the scale and line work of the original logo.

So DJ, if you want logos feel free to contact Callie.

Adam
Aug 16, 2016, 02:51 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
DJ...

If you want some thicker phenolic... I have sheets 3/8" and 1/4" thick....

Let me know..

Radian
Aug 16, 2016, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarchitect
The Ceres was mine before DJ got a hold of it so here's the story. I was not a fan of the yellow wings and red fuse so first I painted the fuse black and then the wings white. Before painting I took some pics of the logo and along with some images from the Baudis website I had Callie-Graphics make me some vinyl stock on graphics. She did a great jobarching the scale and line work of the original logo.

So DJ, if you want logos feel free to contact Callie.

Adam
I thought it must have been a graphic but it was hard to tell in the photos and it matched the original so well other than one side not being a mirror image.
Aug 18, 2016, 10:43 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radian
DJ...

If you want some thicker phenolic... I have sheets 3/8" and 1/4" thick....

Let me know..

Radian
I never knew it came that thick. I may need it to repair the right wing spar. Thank you

DJ
Sep 11, 2016, 03:14 PM
Nice tip on using inflated balloons to press reinforcement against the inside walls of the fuselage during the glue up.

Another useful 'found' clamp is bicycle inner tire tubing, cut into length wise strips..... makes an excellent clamp around irregular shaped objects - such as the outside of fuselage and the width of tubing strips and degree of 'stretch' with which you wrap the tubing can fine tune the amount of pressure you apply and match the fragility of the glue up.

Michael in Ontario, Canada
Oct 15, 2016, 10:09 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Great tip 2michaely. Gotta try that next time.
Nov 01, 2016, 08:52 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers

Creres rebuilt rebuild that was already rebuilt.

Almost done with the repairs. All that's left is to glue the right connector, find the cg, and fly it.

DJ
Nov 02, 2016, 10:06 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Well she's 99.99% done. Just some minor touch up needed and cg. Btw does anyone know the cg to the Ceres?

DJ
Nov 02, 2016, 10:11 PM
On the Go Fly List
I am impressed! I saw how bad it looked when you received it and it looks great now...and in one piece

Great job DJ.

Adam
Last edited by agarchitect; Nov 02, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Nov 07, 2016, 08:02 AM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Anyone know the cg?

DJ