Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 16, 2016, 09:02 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Rob I will have the big ol box of cards!!!! At least one night we are going to play down at our end of camp!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2016, 11:09 PM
Guys have competed with the Mini Vapor before - no problem there. And the TH INUM looks like it would fit the bill too.

Rob
Aug 16, 2016, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR
Rob I will have the big ol box of cards!!!! At least one night we are going to play down at our end of camp!
Yes, I'll be sure to stop by for at least one game

Rob
Aug 17, 2016, 09:52 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA

vapor games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft
I have already been planning to participate with one of my stock micro jet kits!

1. 12" WS (Vapor is 14.75")
2. They will go wherever you tell them to go.
3. Floors, walls, and fellow pilots all agree that they are plenty tough enough!

Since my kits use the Champ electronics they will be a bit faster in a straight line than the Vapors, but they high-alpha really well so the tent shouldn't pose too much of an issue.

Maybe I'll have time to get a milled kit cut for the event, but if that doesn't happen it will still be a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4LtHKr6nn4
I just watched your video. Very cool but IMOP if you cant slow them down like 10 fold you wont make the first hoop. But thats just me. Why well I thought I would buy one for the games. Unless it can pull a real nice high alfa and hold it.

Dave
Aug 19, 2016, 01:26 PM

Micro Stik sale

FY I I just got this from Hobby Express in case anyone is interested. Would likely work well for the Vapor Games.

Rob
+++++
2 Ready-To-Fly Planes For The Price of 1
Comes with everything you need to fly in each box

Coupon Code: 241

Sale Ends August 25th at midnight
Must have 2 Micro Stiks (ERC1000) in cart for coupon to work
Limit of 1 per person + 1 as a gift (2 coupon uses total)
Aug 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
nice, only 1.8" larger wingspan.

banggood also has some vapor knockoff frames available dirt cheap, though they require assembly and may not get here in time at this point.
Aug 20, 2016, 11:43 AM

Jcsf NEAT pylons

Just arrived via FedEx this afternoon. May not be as "fun" as having "Ice Cream Ed" and other volunteers act as "pylons", but these should be much easier to see as they stand about 11 1/2 feet tall and about 2 feet wide at the base!

It looks like they can be easily illuminated from the inside, so I suspect we might try some night vapor pylon flying after dark.
Last edited by stuk_at_work; Aug 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
Aug 20, 2016, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuk_at_work
Just arrived via FedEx this afternoon. May not be as "fun" as having "Ice Cream Ed" and other volunteers act as "pylons", but these should be much easier to see as they stand about 11 1/2 feet tall and about 2 feet wide at the base!

It looks like they can be easily illuminated from the inside, so I suspect we might try some night vapor pylon flying after dark.
You'll have to work pretty hard to cut those pylons! And I think they'll look great illuminated at night

Rob
Aug 20, 2016, 03:44 PM
Very cool Stu!
Aug 21, 2016, 01:58 PM

Hitec and Luke's supporting BIg Top games

Hey guys,

I just wanted to announce that for Thursday night's Vapor Games Hitec/Multiplex has again graciously agreed to provide pilot prizes for the contest. This is the third year they've supported us and we greatly appreciate it!

Additionally for Wednesday afternoon's Radian Games Lukes's Hobbies has offered to help support this event, so we'll also have a pilot's raffle for this event as well!!! This is awesome news and I truly appreciate Luke and Sue contributing to the cause. Please be sure to support them during the show (which I think is likely an unnecessary comment considering how much $$$ we already drop there ).

Lastly I did let Sue @ Luke's Hobbies know about the format for our two contests and that pilots will likely be looking for suitable aircraft and supplies. Please be sure to check them out!

I will also be updating my original posting with this info - see you in three weeks!!!

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Aug 21, 2016 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Aug 21, 2016, 07:34 PM
When pigs fly rc
About what time does radian games start? In case I can get up on Wednesday.
Aug 21, 2016, 07:37 PM
Hey Rich,

We're planning to start at 3pm on Wednesday, but I plan to let guys sign up earlier in the day if they want.

Rob
Sep 03, 2016, 07:29 PM
Guys,

Attached is a schedule of the events our group will be running during NEAT Week. Hopefully you'll find something of interest - make sure you come by and check things out!

I've also added the schedule to the original posting for this thread

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Sep 06, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
Sep 04, 2016, 09:24 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Wish I had seen this in time. I have a gift cirt to them for 100.00 my daughter gave me back in May. But they are having a sale this weekend so I see. I going to checj it out and see if I can figure out how to use gift. Cirt. I actually traded it to ED. B but had to buy his items with my CC since I couldn't figure out how to use the cirt. I going to give it another go now.
Either way ED. B said I could use his Vapor and give this event a try this year.
See ya all in a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
FY I I just got this from Hobby Express in case anyone is interested. Would likely work well for the Vapor Games.

Rob
+++++
2 Ready-To-Fly Planes For The Price of 1
Comes with everything you need to fly in each box

Coupon Code: 241

Sale Ends August 25th at midnight
Must have 2 Micro Stiks (ERC1000) in cart for coupon to work
Limit of 1 per person + 1 as a gift (2 coupon uses total)
Sep 08, 2016, 07:45 PM
AMA 415
Just so everyone is aware, Sawn Craft is taking the Radian Games really seriously this year!

Can't wait for the fun!