Jan 07, 2021, 02:32 PM
Can anyone give me the cowl dimensions for this beast? Like if I was to get this or the Rare Bear and put a VVRC40 in it I'm hoping it would fit without any cutting or just cutting for the exhaust stacks.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2021, 08:11 PM
Cowl is roughly 10.25 diameter but is tapered so you really have about 7.5 to 8” to work with.
Jan 07, 2021, 08:16 PM
For those who are running radials, where are you mounting your ignition modules.
Inside or outside of the engine box.
My ignition module has some really long leads so my thought was to mount inside so I could make the plug wire a little nicer
Thoughts.
I’m running a 5 cylinder
Jan 08, 2021, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclacom
Cowl is roughly 10.25 diameter but is tapered so you really have about 7.5 to 8” to work with.
VVRC Classic Twin is 8" right on the nose cap to cap... Hmmm... I can get the Bearcat for sure out in Europe for way cheaper than Nexa wants from VQ distributors... but would prefer Rare Bear even if its far from scale with the unclipped wings and flaps... Have seen people clip the wings and integrate the flaps...
Jan 09, 2021, 04:55 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
What are you guys using for a door sequencer ?
Jan 09, 2021, 09:13 AM
I used one of the door sequencers from Hobbyking. But, I had so many issues with the doors that I fly without them now. The gear leg covers and inner doors need to be redesigned and improved. I've thought about making new parts from fiberglass but haven't yet.
Latest blog entry: Su-30 second battery
Jan 09, 2021, 11:28 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks
I was thinking of making it a friction tight door with a catch art that is closed with the retracts.
I think the inner doors would be better on two servos
Jan 09, 2021, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
What are you guys using for a door sequencer ?
If you fly Spektrum just use your transmitter
Works great and fully adjustable
Jan 09, 2021, 03:01 PM
Quote:
If you fly Spektrum just use your transmitter
Works great and fully adjustable
OpenTX works great as well for sequencing. Or just setup a spring system.
Mar 02, 2021, 07:17 PM
Did anyone get wood dowels to glue it at near the front of the wing?
Mar 04, 2021, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
Did anyone get wood dowels to glue it at near the front of the wing?
Yea
Should have come with it
Mar 04, 2021, 06:00 PM
Couldnt find my dowels but i think i have some wood dowel that size. I am almost finished putting this plane together and i have one small issue or i am just having brain lock. How do you tighten the screw on the servo arm that keeps the tail wheel secure? Its a little up in the fuselage to be able to get a screwdriver to tighten it.
Mar 04, 2021, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3arljam
Couldnt find my dowels but i think i have some wood dowel that size. I am almost finished putting this plane together and i have one small issue or i am just having brain lock. How do you tighten the screw on the servo arm that keeps the tail wheel secure? Its a little up in the fuselage to be able to get a screwdriver to tighten it.
With a longer screwdriver through this opening
Mar 04, 2021, 07:35 PM
Just looked at mine....
A regular hex wrench will work
Mar 04, 2021, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Just looked at mine....
A regular hex wrench will work
Mine has a phillips head screw.

Quick Reply