Hacker DLG 1000 ARTF

Now here's a cool new model from Hacker that is perfect for your first entry level DLG or just for fun...

Splash

Hacker Has a 1M DLG

Now here's a cool new model from Hacker that is perfect for your first entry level DLG or just for fun. It's larger than a WhipIt so it should stay up longer and encourage newcomers to stick with it. It's made of EPO foam and has a carbon reinforced wing and full 4-channel control. They say it can get 70ft launches which should shield some decent flight times in dead air as it weighs 190-200g. You don't need an FAA registration number on it either, bonus! It comes with 4 micro servos pre-installed and you'll need to add your own receiver and a 2S 350mAh lipo to power it with.

Check out the Hacker DLG 1000 ARTF here.

Aug 11, 2016, 03:55 PM
iVoid Warrenties
How much does this cost?
It seems fun..
Aug 11, 2016, 03:56 PM
RCG Staff
109 Euros
Aug 11, 2016, 03:59 PM
iVoid Warrenties
Ouch..
Aug 11, 2016, 04:01 PM
iVoid Warrenties
Why spend twice that much when you can get a Libelle for half as much?
I suppose it launches higher..
Aug 11, 2016, 04:05 PM
RCG Staff
This probably flys a lot better. I've never really liked the Libelle unless you are sloping it I guess.
Aug 11, 2016, 10:21 PM
fly a LiPo a day...
I wonder whether Tower Hobbies will carry this Hacker DLG in the US? Love that it's 1m, less than 200g, has ailerons, and micro servos are included.
Aug 12, 2016, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghedgehogs
Why spend twice that much when you can get a Libelle for half as much?
I suppose it launches higher..
The Hacker is about $2 more than a Libelle ($120USD for Libelle, 109 Euro is $121.69USD right now), but the Hacker DLG comes with servo's and a BEC, the Libelle has no electronics. Libelle with a flight pack is $200USD (includes Servo's & NiMH battery) while the Hacker just needs a $10-20 battery to match the same set of bits.

So the hacker is about $60 cheaper than the Libelle if you use factory servo's & power systems.
Aug 13, 2016, 02:26 PM

Wing Span

Hacker is 1000mm or @39". Libelle is 1200mm or @49".
Libelle has more wing to haul the battery, receiver and four servos. They look the same but not.
Both have a place in the market to get inspiring glider pilots into the air at minimum cost.
KFC aka Bill
Aug 13, 2016, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepmfromcrashen
Hacker is 1000mm or @39". Libelle is 1200mm or @49".
Libelle has more wing to haul the battery, receiver and four servos. They look the same but not.
Both have a place in the market to get inspiring glider pilots into the air at minimum cost.
KFC aka Bill
The Libelle also weights 50% more than the Hacker (190-200g vs 278-290g). It doesn't have 50% more wing area.

The Libelle is well known as a disappointing DLG but a solid slope bird. As a DLG, it performs more in accordance with the Whipit than a typical 1m+ DLG.
Aug 13, 2016, 06:46 PM
iVoid Warrenties
A Whipit with a good pilot and good balsa wing can out-fly a Libelle. A Vladimir's Models Elf leaves them both way behind.
Aug 13, 2016, 07:12 PM
What is the Hacker wing area ?
KFC aka Bill
Aug 13, 2016, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepmfromcrashen
What is the Hacker wing area ?
KFC aka Bill
It's not published yet, so we can't compare WCL or wing loading with the Libelle.

But the Libelle's wing loading is rather high for a 1.2m thermal glider (in the 4.2-4.5oz/sq ft range). It's not a floater.

Given it's only got 20% more span, but 50% more weight for wings of what looks like a fairly similar aspect ratio (from eyeballing them), I can't see the Libelle coming out ahead here.

And that's a good thing, since the Libelle is a poor DLG. Dream Flight knows their stuff, but what they know best is slope and all of their gliders are better slope flyers than TD flyers.
Aug 13, 2016, 08:37 PM
A compelling design... here is the manual from the Tech One Hobby site...http://www.techonehobby.com/wp-conte...000-manual.pdf
Aug 13, 2016, 08:51 PM
iVoid Warrenties
Doesn't look as abusable as a Libelle. Then again, this is trying to be lighter.