Eachine racer 180 with tilting arms (In early construction) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 28, 2016, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
What did you do to deserve so much "bad karma"?

Did it break while flying? I think that would be a scary situation...

No it was after the crash ....
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2016, 02:59 PM
In fact I am fed up with everything ...... I am generally very tired ... and now cherry on the cake, RCgroups banned me..... It's probably time to do something else ...
Oct 28, 2016, 03:34 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Banned? You are still listed as "registered user". You mean you got an infraction point? I did see your quote button greyed out.
Oct 28, 2016, 03:45 PM
Yes .... after 13120 posts .... hummm

Ok I won't publish anymore my reviews in RCgroups .... I am fed up with ....
Oct 28, 2016, 05:52 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Yes .... after 13120 posts .... hummm

Ok I won't publish anymore my reviews in RCgroups .... I am fed up with ....
The community needs you Seby... I know it sucks as I also was banned not too long ago. RCGroups should have a system that contacts you before an infraction instead of after especially for you paid guys.

Durability isn't off to a good start
Oct 29, 2016, 01:55 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
Are you getting one of these FyreSG?
I received it on Thursday but sadly, I have lots of non-RC matters to do. I'll try to knock something out by Sunday.
Oct 29, 2016, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irock1985
The community needs you Seby... I know it sucks as I also was banned not too long ago. RCGroups should have a system that contacts you before an infraction instead of after especially for you paid guys.

Durability isn't off to a good start
Don't worry I will continue now mainly to publish my reviews in my associated website ....

I guess admins runs scripts to automatically find problems ... Since in average I am publishing more than 1 review a week, I am already out of law ....
Oct 29, 2016, 02:01 AM
I don't think scripts are necessary. There are a lot of angry vendors (competitors of BG and GB) that may find your reviews giving BG and GB too much of an advantage. These angry vendors just need to complain to the admins and the admins will know about it.
Oct 29, 2016, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I don't think scripts are necessary. There are a lot of angry vendors (competitors of BG and GB) that may find your reviews giving BG and GB too much of an advantage. These angry vendors just need to complain to the admins and the admins will know about it.
Right

Btw be aware with your racer 180, the Swtch C apply a pitch offset (I guess you understood that from the CF radio panel) ... So if you don't have it in the central position, the quad at take off can run fast forward or backward... More, I found between angle & rattitude, flight modes, this offset varies... (coz I assigned more the pot the set this offset). This is why I crashed.: the machine was flying perfectly in angle... then I turned into rattitude, he moves super fast rear... loosing controls and crashed on the VTX connector

I am upset that the servo motor is also broken ....

By the way, flying such machine in LOS is destabilizing coz the machine stays mainly horizontally and the brain have less visual key points for refenrences. I didn't realize that before how is important for LOS flights that the quad raise the tail. The depth dimension is hardest for the brain to estimate (and in control theory there are very well known cases where in some aligned situation it's even impossible to estimate the depth with one unique sensor, luckely we have two eyes )
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Oct 29, 2016 at 02:21 AM.
Oct 29, 2016, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG

I think that is more the case, afaik the scripts only apply to new users, that have first postings immediately list sales and deals etc. As those new accounts are often used as sockpuppet accounts, to create extra attention for a seller or product.

I don't think the reviews are the problem, but more the "new product" threads. These are probably seen as being a violation of this rule:

"Excessive Advertising (Spam) We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An advertisement is any content designed to sell or publicize an event, good, or service. Note that certain areas of the site (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule."

Posting a new product thread could be seen as "content designed to publicize a good (item)" as it's meant to draw attention to a new product. Some use that to draw extra attention, but I think SeBy just wants to let other people know a new product is coming, and it's also his way to have a thread ready when starting the review, as the new product thread is then turned into a review thread.

Personally, I think it's not advertizing, when you just want to inform people about a new product, and that it's very different from posting a thread that only lists a deal, and is more clearly intended to persuade people to buy something. And a review is not necessarily intended to make people buy a product, at least when it's a good review, that highlights the features and performance, and leaves it to the reader to decide if it's what he/she wants or not.

But as long as the "spam" rules also includes "any content designed to publicize a good" it can be more widely applied than it likely was intended for.

@SeBy: flying a tilt rotor LoS is indeed a challenge. I remember from my first flights with a brushless quad, frame all symmetric, all black, that as long as the quad was moving and tilted, it was possible to see what it was doing, but when flying slow, and body almost flat, that it is easy to lose orientation. Basically all my crashes with that quad (EC250) were when the quad was level, still moving, and the leds were not visible. Much like X-shaped quads as the JJRC P175, which is almost as tall as it is wide, making it even harder to keep track of orientation, and leds almost impossible to see from any angle, I think this Racer 180 is probably best suited for FPV flying.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 29, 2016 at 02:43 AM.
Oct 29, 2016, 03:34 AM
Quote:

@SeBy: flying a tilt rotor LoS is indeed a challenge. I remember from my first flights with a brushless quad, frame all symmetric, all black, that as long as the quad was moving and tilted, it was possible to see what it was doing, but when flying slow, and body almost flat, that it is easy to lose orientation. Basically all my crashes with that quad (EC250) were when the quad was level, still moving, and the leds were not visible. Much like X-shaped quads as the JJRC P175, which is almost as tall as it is wide, making it even harder to keep track of orientation, and leds almost impossible to see from any angle, I think this Racer 180 is probably best suited for FPV flying.
Definitively I would dream to try it at least once in FPV but since the CCD broke even before my first flight .... Surprizingly, the CCD camera is directly powered via the VTX with a DIY job delievering 3.8V on the camera. This latter is announced to run officially at +5V.... In general, camera are powered via the PDB. It's not the case here.
I will try to see if the camera is still working with official +5V...
Oct 29, 2016, 04:53 AM
I hope the low voltage is the problem. But even if you fix that, you still have the broken servo, or did you fix that already?
Oct 29, 2016, 05:05 AM
Quote:
I hope the low voltage is the problem. But even if you fix that, you still have the broken servo, or did you fix that already?
For the servo ... no ... I don't know even the exact spécifications
Oct 29, 2016, 09:21 PM

User manual didn't say this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
...Btw be aware with your racer 180, the Swtch C apply a pitch offset (I guess you understood that from the CF radio panel) ... So if you don't have it in the central position, the quad at take off can run fast forward or backward... More, I found between angle & rattitude, flight modes, this offset varies... (coz I assigned more the pot the set this offset). This is why I crashed.: the machine was flying perfectly in angle... then I turned into rattitude, he moves super fast rear... loosing controls and crashed on the VTX connector ...
I understand what you mean. OMG what was Eachine (Banggood) thinking?!

Such an important piece of information is missing from the user manual. Let me explain in greater detail:

Elevator stick is not connected to the flight controller; the FC doesn't see the elevator stick movements. Instead, the elevator stick controls the servo that tilts the 4 motors.

Switch SwC (3-position) is hooked up to the Pitch channel of the flight controller. In other words, the pilot pitches forward or backward with SwC. What?!

SwC at top position: FULL forward elevator
SwC at middle position: neutral elevator
SwC at bottom position: FULL backward elevator

Let this sink in a bit.

Now, when the pilot powers up the TX, it warns if the switches are not all at the top position. So the pilot toggles SwC to the top, which means FULL forward elevator. If the pilot forgets to toggle SwC back to middle, he'll get a shock.

Switch SwB toggles between Angle and Rate aka Acro modes.

SwB up: Angle
SwB down: Rate aka Acro

I'm trying to think through how I'm gonna fly this thing. I think I can handle it in Angle mode; just leave SwC at the middle. Elevator and throttle determines speed and altitude. The only difference is I won't be seeing the camera pitching up or down. This is going to be weird but I think I can do it.

But, how do fly this in Rate mode? Is it even possible? When the nose dips or pitches up during a maneuver, the FC will not maintain level, and I have to keep the nose level. But I have no way to do this.

Also, what happens if the pilot switches to Acro mode, and... he toggles SwC up to down? Wow, I'm sure he'll be in for a surprise!
Oct 29, 2016, 09:31 PM

Better configuration?

I'm thinking if there is a better way to configure the setup.

Elevator stick - motor tilt
Switch SwC - pitch

Idea #1

Elevator stick - pitch
Knob VrB - motor tilt

This allows the pilot to fly it normally, and be able to adjust the amount of motor tilt. But I have no idea if this is possible because I have not opened the frame to see how all this is configured.

Idea #2

Elevator stick - motor tilt
Knob VrB - pitch

This allows the pilot to apply fine-grain pitch corrections with VrB, which is better than using SwC (FULL elevator commands!) Configuration is easy as the pilot just change the association of Channel 6 from SwC to VrB.