Eachine racer 180 with tilting arms (In early construction) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2016, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
You already have shipping confirmation?

Both the Racer 130 & 180 will be shipped not before the end of the month .... according to my divine sources
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2016, 02:47 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Both the Racer 130 & 180 will be shipped not before the end of the month .... according to my divine sources

So he is bluffing or has a direct source at Eachine?
Aug 12, 2016, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So he is bluffing or has a direct source at Eachine?
I don't know ...
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Aug 12, 2016, 04:59 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
I love how someone has photoshopped the antenna onto the back of it ,,,, Makes it look huge!!

I want one!!
Also hope the cover comes in a clear version so i can airbrush it!
Aug 12, 2016, 05:19 PM
There's a 130 as well?
Aug 12, 2016, 08:59 PM
Adam RED Weston
ER 130 thread...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2718933
Aug 30, 2016, 01:46 AM
Will samples be offered for review?
Sep 12, 2016, 02:42 PM

fixed tilt before take-off?

I have read in helicomicro that the tilt is not like others( OFM, Tiltdrone.) but fixed before take off ??
Sep 13, 2016, 07:17 AM
It looks interesting, but quite frankly anything but a very basic quad from these guys makes me nervous. They haven't even shown that they can put out a basic quad that doesn't require a ton of modding and re-configuring just to get it up to how it should have shipped. I pretty much expect this to be more of the same... under powered, improperly configured, and fraught with questionable design decisions. Probably not bad for the money if you want to roll up your sleeves and work on it, but I'm starting to lean toward spending a little more for something that's in better shape out of the box.
Sep 21, 2016, 10:50 PM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
I know right? 180 with tilt motors... must be really small servos, because at this weight, every gram matters
400g without a battery puts it at 520+ grams with one on 4S and that is not light for a 180 and is in the 250 weight range really... but I like the idea of a 1000mAh 4S battery giving 8-9 min flight times on anything fast so if true it's a very good design but I doubt they got the props, motors and ESC that dialed in. But based on my experience observing progress at some point we will be surprised about something.... so maybe this is it. It looks nice as far as the arms and motor mounts go but wonder about moving arms. If controlled by the FCB to stay level that would be sweet if they got it to work and not break easily. Very large design step taken here I am starting to realize. Blue body looks a little off compared to the rest of the design... IMO.
Last edited by John Hendry; Sep 21, 2016 at 11:13 PM.
Sep 22, 2016, 06:24 AM
The Falcon 180 only gives about 4 minutes of hard flying with a 4s 1000 and BN props. You could probably get 5 out of it with standard props, but no way 8-9, and the Racer is heavier. MAYBE you could do it just slow flying with 4.3 standard props (assuming it can even get off the ground with those props), but I doubt it. I remain very skeptical on this one.
Oct 02, 2016, 04:31 PM
aka RCFlyer85
Hopefully I can be included in the review phase... It's looking pretty nice

Eachine Racer 180 Review and Maiden Flight (21 min 50 sec)
Oct 03, 2016, 12:06 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
It seems pretty fast, with nice acceleration. In understand 4S is the minimum to get some decent performance, if I interpreted the comments in the video well. And I wonder how much slop there is in the tilt mechanism. I know the video was made in windy conditions, but still I think it was a little nervous during hovering. I've flown my Tarot 150 in similar conditions, and it was much more solid in hover, even with gusts.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 03, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Oct 03, 2016, 12:24 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra
It looks interesting, but quite frankly anything but a very basic quad from these guys makes me nervous. They haven't even shown that they can put out a basic quad that doesn't require a ton of modding and re-configuring just to get it up to how it should have shipped. I pretty much expect this to be more of the same... under powered, improperly configured, and fraught with questionable design decisions. Probably not bad for the money if you want to roll up your sleeves and work on it, but I'm starting to lean toward spending a little more for something that's in better shape out of the box.
I'm skeptical when they don't give out samples to many people at all before the release ...just like the Eachine VR D2 headset ...they didn't release samples and it soon be become apparent why ...too many issues!! Any true unbiased opinions would mean less initial uptake