Eachine VR D2 Pro Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR! - Page 276 - RC Groups
May 28, 2017, 03:25 PM
Me a long time ago
That's the best review that I have seen so far. Thanks Marblekit.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2017, 04:19 PM
My head in the clouds!
+1 nice review! I'm really enjoying mine.
May 30, 2017, 05:47 AM
Hi!!

Does anyone did the VR D2 video input/output and audio output using the scheme from that russian guy? It seems I can't get it to work. if switches are off it still works as before modding but video in and video out are not working.

That's the scheme
http://imgur.com/a/eNtkY

And those are my current connections. Didn't have more video wire so I replaced it for the blue one.
http://imgur.com/a/GIuZM

Thank you! I'll keep checking so I can find where's the problem
May 30, 2017, 12:54 PM
I have a new set of VR D2 Pro's and I'm having the same "powering off" issue that Mark42 described. It turns on for about 5-10 minutes but then the screen goes black and it won't power back on for at least an hour. They work great when they are on, but they are totally unusable as delivered.

This is what I get for ordering the first lot of something new. They don't have all the QC issues ironed out yet. I contacted Banggood and Eachine today asking if there is a fix for this known issue. We'll see what kind of response I get.
May 31, 2017, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikemikem
I've finally written up some basic instructions on the modifications I made to my Eachine VR D2 goggles(not the pro version). I replaced the MCU with an Arduino Pro Mini loaded with a modified rx5808-pro-diversity code.
Check it out here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nd-Scanner-Mod

I hope some of you give it a try!
That's a great mod, with very useful info! I'll post some comments about enhancing it for OSD at: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nd-Scanner-Mod

I'm very happy with my VR D2 goggles now. I got a replacement DVR module (they called it "main board") from Banggood last Saturday afternoon, and I've made some 30 3 - 5 minute videos. It was very easy to replace; six screws and 3 connector plugs.

Hopefully, no more problems. When I get time to modify them for vid/audio I/O, and RSSI I'll post results.
Jun 01, 2017, 07:09 AM
Wizard
Well I had no luck from Banggood as expected as they are out of warranty. I said that I was aware the warranty was expired but as this was a known issue at the time of sale I hoped they could make an exception, also because if they did I would be immediately buying the Aomway commanders (these were a Xmas gift but I had no way of using them until recently).

This was the reply I had:

"Since long time ago if the item cannot work,you can order a new one ."

Thanks Banggood for confirming I have the free will to order another broken piece of electrical equipment from your terrible business. That's like me punching you in your smug greedy face and when you complain I tell you I can do it again.

I am mostly pissed because this was my brother's money not my own and he spent money he could ill afford thinking this was a great gift.
Jun 01, 2017, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselFPV
Well I had no luck from Banggood as expected as they are out of warranty. I said that I was aware the warranty was expired but as this was a known issue at the time of sale I hoped they could make an exception, also because if they did I would be immediately buying the Aomway commanders (these were a Xmas gift but I had no way of using them until recently).

This was the reply I had:

"Since long time ago if the item cannot work,you can order a new one ."

Thanks Banggood for confirming I have the free will to order another broken piece of electrical equipment from your terrible business. That's like me punching you in your smug greedy face and when you complain I tell you I can do it again.

I am mostly pissed because this was my brother's money not my own and he spent money he could ill afford thinking this was a great gift.
Bummer, I guess out of warantee fix from banggood was too much to ask for.....
I am really liking the f640 goggles I got to replace my vrd2 but I am missing the recording function, so I take the vrd2 with me sometimes and just record on them or let interested folk have a look whilst I fly using the f640s ...
For 80 for a nice small set of goggles it's a bargain imo.
Maybe you could tell your bro that bg settled it for you so he won't feel so bad.....
Jun 01, 2017, 08:10 AM
Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Bummer, I guess out of warantee fix from banggood was too much to ask for.....
I am really liking the f640 goggles I got to replace my vrd2 but I am missing the recording function, so I take the vrd2 with me sometimes and just record on them or let interested folk have a look whilst I fly using the f640s ...
For 80 for a nice small set of goggles it's a bargain imo.
Maybe you could tell your bro that bg settled it for you so he won't feel so bad.....
Yeah I didn't expect much as warranties are there for a reason, especially in this hobby. I just hoped that the prospect of more business would sway them as the right business decision and the extension of the warranty by a couple of months to a multi-million pound company really shouldn't be such a big deal when they sold it knowing it was defective. I am pretty sure warranties get thrown out in most cases when it's a manufacturing fault with cars etc so I tried.

But oh well I still like the Aomway commander but I will buy them from someone else.
Jun 01, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselFPV
Yeah I didn't expect much as warranties are there for a reason, especially in this hobby. I just hoped that the prospect of more business would sway them as the right business decision and the extension of the warranty by a couple of months to a multi-million pound company really shouldn't be such a big deal when they sold it knowing it was defective. I am pretty sure warranties get thrown out in most cases when it's a manufacturing fault with cars etc so I tried.

But oh well I still like the Aomway commander but I will buy them from someone else.
Yeah would make sense for them to give you a discount on the aomway goggles of 60 or something and get another sale and keep a happy customer and avoid bad publicity .....
Jun 01, 2017, 08:57 AM
Does anyone got any ideas... i have very low singal strenght in my googles...
my signal is droping out at 150-200m

Video on my remote work flawlessly till 1km
Jun 01, 2017, 10:20 AM
hello, I just received the goggles. They are cheap made but the image it's very good for it's price point., but there is a problem that bothers me... It's not possible to remove or change the position of the RSSI/channel/voltage OSD?!!?! what a pitty, now they are useless.
Jun 01, 2017, 11:38 AM
I'm waiting for Paypal to intervene. I reached out to Banggood a couple of weeks ago and they are insisting on giving me 500 credit points. I do not care for the credits as I will not be purchasing anything from them anymore. I went with h HD3 and a True D v3 module from a state side supplier. I'm hooked like a meth head in FPV so might as well invest on a good pair of goggles and stop buying from oversea suppliers that have POOR QUALITY CONTROL and SUB-PAR customer service. It's like playing Russian roulette click(lucky) click(lucky) click(lucky and then BANG. The VR D2 goggles cost me extra money to fix from a crash that was a result of me having to disarm in flight. I just can't trust the product or the company supplying it despite the fact that modifying the goggles or going back and forth from av1 to av2 could be a remedy for the white screen. Anyways, I'm glad to see I'm not in the majority and most of you guys aren't having any issues.

Happy & Safe Flying!!
Jun 01, 2017, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCell
Does anyone got any ideas... i have very low singal strenght in my googles...
my signal is droping out at 150-200m

Video on my remote work flawlessly till 1km
It's only low signal strength because you haven't calibrated your RSSI. Right now it's showing low strength but you're not comparing it to anything. Go into the menu and calibrate RSSI. Also, if you want longer range, I'd recommend switching out the (useless) patch antennas with a helical antennas such as this: https://farvew.com/rhcp/19-3-turn-helical-rhcp.html. You will get much better range, as proven in this video (different goggles but same concept)
Review: AOMWAY Commander FPV video glasses (updated version) (26 min 7 sec)
. The antennas the VR D2 Pros come with are pretty much grabage anyways, I switched mine out to the aforementioned helical and a Pagoda-style antenna on my goggles and quad.
Jun 01, 2017, 07:04 PM
Well I got mine in today and not good!!
Jun 01, 2017, 09:00 PM
After the bad experience with the VR D2 and the Banggood bad customer service, I bought a Fatshark Dominator v3, I'm tired of the bad products of Eachine and the bad service of Banggood.
With me they lose a customer and if everybody do the same, they won't treat people like garbage anymore.