Apr 29, 2017, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m123chael
update on the freezing problem:
(switched to av2 and back to av1)
flew 10 packs now without freezing! good sign, but not more
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Same here, flew a few packs today and yesterday and no white outs......
Like you say it's a good sign but im still not convinced it won't bite me when I least expect it!
I charged mine up after flying today and often I notice the white out the next time I use them after a full charge ... We will see ...
Keep us updated you guys, this could be great news for a lot of vr d2 owners
Its always hard to diagnose an intermittent issue but fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb9166
Wondering if it's some kind of sag in power?
Or spikes because of the switchable receivers/diversity .
Anyone try a cap at the input leads from battery?
Someone mentioned trying adding a capacitor earlier in the thread but no apparent success
I'm hoping switching to 3s will be enough clear up any power related issues
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2017, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
Mine was ordered 2017-03-30 14:22:45 and still waiting but at least they are shipping now so probably pretty soon ....

Mine was ordered 2017-04-23 and shipped today.
Apr 29, 2017, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max00
Does that mean you guys could solve the white screen issue through using a 3s battery?
Here is where it's a bit strange, I notice the white out more often when battery is fully charged so voltage is higher, another user said going to 3s solved the white out?!?!?
I wonder if it's a switching frequency thing in the power supply, at a certain input voltage the frequency is switching at some resonance that's getting through the filter and causing some problem?
Maybe switching to av2 and back again before flight leaves something running which is drawing more power and causing a switching frequency change in the PSU which then avoids the resonance?

All pure speculation of course but we don't have much to go on..

For now I'm sticking with switching to av2 and back before flying and when I'm convinced that it's working or not I will try the 3s battery and see what happened then,
The advantage of 3s would be longer run times too which would be nice.

If any of this proves to fix the white out for good then the info needs to be put somewhere PROMINANT in this thread and on bg site so others can see it rather than it getting buried here in amongst hundreds of other posts.
Apr 29, 2017, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
Keep us updated you guys, this could be great news for a lot of vr d2 owners
Its always hard to diagnose an intermittent issue but fingers crossed

Someone mentioned trying adding a capacitor earlier in the thread but no apparent success
I'm hoping switching to 3s will be enough clear up any power related issues
I think The capacitor was added before the switching chip though, so it might still work if added on the 5v output
Apr 29, 2017, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Sounds like a smart idea. It was mentioned that the charge of the battery had also some effect on the white out issue. Maybe a capacitor after the battery would solve the issue already!? Worth trying and if it works worth spreading the good news!!
Last edited by Max00; Apr 29, 2017 at 04:22 AM.
Apr 29, 2017, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie
Mine was ordered 2017-03-30 14:22:45 and still waiting but at least they are shipping now so probably pretty soon ....
Did you select 'priority line'? I did so I suppose that's why I was in the first batch. I suppose within today and tomorrow all pre-orders will get shipped as promised.
Last edited by Max00; Apr 29, 2017 at 04:25 AM.
Apr 29, 2017, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Maybe a capacitor after the battery would solve the issue already!? Worth trying and if it works worth spreading the good news!!
we tried that. doesn't work (35V 330f). But someone can try a capacitor on the 5v line. (without switching AV channels (and dont fly with freezing goggles ))
Apr 29, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Its been tried but no reason not to try again with different caps in different places on each board. ,
Might be worth caps on the switching outputs, ie 5v and 3.3v(if there is one?)

Seems really odd that switching to av2 and back after power up seems like it might be a fix.( But that's not 100% proved just yet imo ).
Apr 29, 2017, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Its been tried but no reason not to try again with different caps in different places on each board. ,

Seems really odd that switching to av2 and back after power up seems like it might be a fix.( But that's not 100% proved just yet imo ).
Hopefully you found already or gonna find a fix, would be of great help for many!
Apr 29, 2017, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Hopefully you found already or gonna find a fix, would be of great help for many!
For now I suggest everyone who has this problem switches to av2 and back again before flying and report back.
The law of averages of finding whether or not it works increases the more people are trying it.
So far I know to at least one person who is convinced it fixed his problem and 2 of us who are trying it out now with success on a limited amount of testing ..
Flew another 15 mins today with no problems so fingers crossed..
Apr 29, 2017, 11:19 AM
Quote:

Does anyone know if the DVR is active (powered) when first powering up the goggles in av1 mode?
I'm wondering if it initially is turned off until you switch to av2 like some kind of power saving feature.
Just thinking there may be some validity to the theory switching between av1 and av2 on startup may help.
Apr 29, 2017, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
Does anyone know if the DVR is active (powered) when first powering up the goggles in av1 mode?
I'm wondering if it initially is turned off until you switch to av2 like some kind of power saving feature.
Just thinking there may be some validity to the theory switching between av1 and av2 on startup may help.
I noticed that if I switch to av2 right after plugging battery then there is snow for a few seconds before picture comes, If I wait a few seconds and then switch to av2 the picture is there right away....
Might indicate DVR is powered up at start but slightly delayed by some function or other....
Apr 29, 2017, 03:53 PM
Av2 is active before changing. Because you can hit record in av1, fly around for a few minutes, check Av2 and it will have been recording. Not just starting up.

Sometimes my dvr does not fire up. Unplugged battery and try again. About 1 in 5 times av2 is snow even after waiting a few seconds.
Apr 30, 2017, 01:00 PM
You complained like there were no tomorrow, and now you pre-order this goggles in mass, like sheeps, without even knowing if they are any good or wait for a review...

I'll see the thread filled with complain comments in 3 weeks saying that you have been used as lab rats and banggood has stolen your money.
Apr 30, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
For now I suggest everyone who has this problem switches to av2 and back again before flying and report back.
The law of averages of finding whether or not it works increases the more people are trying it.
So far I know to at least one person who is convinced it fixed his problem and 2 of us who are trying it out now with success on a limited amount of testing ..
Flew another 15 mins today with no problems so fingers crossed..
I'll try it out and report back, just started to have this issues after 4 months using the goggles... Hopefully it happened flying my micro indoors...
By the way, you should take a look at this video, he fixes the same problem with other screen but I think you will get the point, and it could be something more simple than it looks, I don't know if you are familiar with hardware on the pc, but a common issue with the ram memory is the Pc cannot start, the fix to this is just removing the Ram Card blow some air and put it back, the Pc now works...

Minute 3:50

How To: Repair LCD & LED Computer Monitor White Screen Problem For All Brand (11 min 44 sec)

Its just a theory but, WHO KNOWS!
Last edited by Dashz; Apr 30, 2017 at 01:15 PM.