Eachine VR D2 Pro Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR! - Page 246 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 04, 2017, 07:00 AM
I dont like crashes!
Should I buy the old one? Or should I wait and buy the new one? Which one is the better one?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2017, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Should I buy the old one? Or should I wait and buy the new one? Which one is the better one?
new one stock end off April.. maybe nobody knows. I buy the new one and use before Skyzone. I see I like or not
Apr 04, 2017, 07:33 AM
Quote:
I guess no one knows as the new version is not released yet.
Apr 04, 2017, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
The battery will probably get better with some use, mine seemed poor at first ...
The focus is a problem, a few modification on this forum, probably easiest is a cheap pair of reading glasses stuck into the thing...
I think I am in denial of changes in my body from getting old. May have to visit an optometrist to get my vision checked. My eyes seem to adjust to the lens on the vr d2s. Guess time will tell if I need glasses or not
Apr 04, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
I would buy the new one because it will have extra features , BUT some of those features might just be new bugs lol!

I seriously doubt the new one will have more problems though, if i had not already got the old one i would get the new one anyway....
Apr 04, 2017, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Crazy23
I think I am in denial of changes in my body from getting old. May have to visit an optometrist to get my vision checked. My eyes seem to adjust to the lens on the vr d2s. Guess time will tell if I need glasses or not
The glasses could just be off the shelf cheap reading ones from the 1 shop or something, no need to go see opticians , just take your goggles to the shop and try a few pairs to see which ones you need,
If you have adjusted your eyesight already you might be ok, i seem to be in a similar situation, when i first got mine i could not focus at all but i seem to get getting used to them now..
Apr 04, 2017, 09:44 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Yes, this needs to be addressed in the first post so people know this thread is full of tips for old version ,
Better still a new thread started for the pro version and this one put back to what it was....
Otherwise people are going to to be trying to do mods on the pro version based on the old version and be asking a lot of questions and will be constantly needing puting right and it's gonna get old real fast!

But i guess it depends how closely the to are physically inside, maybe it won't be so bad if if all the connectors etc are the same...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
+1 This thread should remain for the old version with a new thread dedicated for the VR D2 Pro

Anyone know how this can be done? A moderator perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6stringer
I sent a pm to the thread originator, asking them to put it back what it is about and to open a thread for the pro if they like.
yeah this is uber lame. i was going to send someone back to page one to get an answer to a question that gets asked 5x a week.... and the OP has changed to the new version WT is going on?!
Apr 04, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
I'd say wait and buy the new set... the old set is to unreliable and I doubt you want to take the chance of getting a bad set of goggles and then having to file a customer service claim only to end up with a refund then buying the newer set anyways.
Apr 05, 2017, 11:08 AM
It turns out that one of my receiver modules on the v1 VR D2 is not working (it was probably bad from the start because the diversity almost never switched to the other antenna and when I measure 1,5V RSSI from one rx module, the other only gives me 0,6V in the same conditions).
Since Banggood is not willing to help me, I am now looking for a replacement rx module. The layout seems a bit different from the other rx5808 modules. Can anyone identify what version of the rx module am I looking at? Where can I order a compatible replacement?
Apr 05, 2017, 11:28 AM
I dont like crashes!
Thanks for all the answers and help!
I guess I will wait and buy the new one. I dont know how long I will wait! I dont want to be a guinea pig again. I did this so many times before.
Apr 05, 2017, 11:44 AM
This might sound weird and silly when I fly FPV I seem to forget how to fly the quad. When I fly LOS I can see and go where I want to go, but in FPV its almost like I forget how to fly and struggle to go where I want to if that makes any sense. Perhaps fying outside in a large open field vs my apartment will get me orientated correctly.
Apr 05, 2017, 12:18 PM
Quote:
This might sound weird and silly when I fly FPV I seem to forget how to fly the quad. When I fly LOS I can see and go where I want to go, but in FPV its almost like I forget how to fly and struggle to go where I want to if that makes any sense. Perhaps fying outside in a large open field vs my apartment will get me orientated correctly.
Yes you have to get used to the controls in fpv. When I started out, I often used roll when I should have used yaw. When that didn't work I tilted my head. My wife said I looked drunk.
Apr 05, 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Same here, i think i was too focused on what i was heading for and found i could fly much better if i looked 'through" the object rather then at it.
Sort of focusing on distance point but still keeping track on close up objects and general movement of the ground etc...
I remember having a trial lesson in a helicopter ( full size) and having similar issues until the instructor told me to focus on a distant point and keep peripheral vision objects static in order to hover...
Not sure i got it at the time properly but it helped and applying the same thing in fpv certainly got me flying more where i wanted in a controlled manor rather then over controlling all the time..
Apr 05, 2017, 12:52 PM
Name and first post SHOULD NOT BE CHANGED .
Start a new thread for the new goggles......unsubscribed........
Apr 05, 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote:
The first time I tried flying FPV I was exhausted after two flights. I found it was horribly mentally draining at first. Now I have real trouble flying LOS and I find FPV feels completely natural to me.

I still tend to lean my head at strange angles and occasionally duck to avoid branches...