Aug 08, 2016, 05:53 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

EV-PEAK CQ3 4x100W 10A 110/220V 1-6S RC Battery Balance Charger

This Charger is not so new, I think 6 month or so, I have it now for about 3 month and very very pleased by it, I didn't see anyone write about it so I put this mini review

You can get it from Banggood:

http://www.banggood.com/EV-PEAK-CQ3-4x100W-10A-110220V-1-6S-RC-Battery-Balance-Charger-p-1074668.html

Or for a few more bucks from Aliexpress with free DHL shipping, this is where i got it from:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EV-Peak-100W-x-4-CQ3-RC-Balance-Lipo-Battery-Charger-Nimh-Nicd-lithium-Battery-Charger/32647497347.html

Others offer it like getfpv and rotorgeek but some didn't ship to me and some had very high shipping fee, from Aliexpress it arrived in a few days with DHL!

This is the best charger I've had and I had a few, not the fancy ones but ok ones, I mainly charge 4S 1000-1800mAh batteries for mini racing drones so it is perfect for me.

Specification:
Brand Name: EV-PEAK
Item NO: CQ3
AC Input: :110V-220V
DC Input: :11.0V-18.0V
Charge Power: max.100W*4
Discharge power: max.10W*4
Charge Current: 0.1~10.0A
Discharge current: 0.1~50.0A - Discharge weak, can probably do it with external registor but its too much fuss
Balance tolerence: 0.01V
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-15cells
LiPo/LiLo/LiFe battery cell count: 1-6series
Pb battery voltage: 2V-24V
Digital Power: 3V-24V
Dimension: 220*240*68mm
Weight: 1750g

Feature:
AC/DC dual input - Charge directly from home power or from car battery.
Built in SMPS 500W.
4 channel independent output - Charge 4 even different batteries separately at the same time
Support both 110V and 220V input by switching.

Packaged included:
1 x Charger
4 x Charging Cable - Too bad they are dean... I replaced to XT60
4 x Balancing Adapter Board XH
1 x XT60 DC Input Cable
1 x AC Input Cable
1 x Instruction

Beyond it being a Quad charger the other first thing is that it has a built in 400W PSU, which is great for home use instead of having an external PSU, very convinient, I rarely charge out side so the extra size is not a problem for me.

It doe's say so on the product page and to my surprise this charger supports LiHV batteries, it was a wonderful surprise as I got some LiHV batts roughly the same time i got this charger.

The menus are the basic menus that you see on many BA6, nothing too interesting.
It balances great.

I use it with 4(!) parallel boards of 4 each with self healing fuzes to charge 16 of my batteries at once! I have few brands/types of Drone racers batteries so I charge the same batteries on the same parallel board and only if they are roughly in the same discharge rate.

This Charger is amazing I really like it, it has a few cons, none are a deal breaker for me:

Some cons that i found are:
Deans and not XT60 on the charging leads - fixable
No auto recognize of Cell count - Loved this feature on my Reaktor charger.
No warning when charging LiHV - It says LiHV before you start charging but then only Li4S (no HV), Be carefull not to accidently charge your regular LiPo to 4.35 of LiHV!!! (almost did it to my Fatshark battery...)
Weak discharge - as most chargers, I use a 15$ 150W discharger from MyRCMart, its the best!!
Couldn't find the cycle program
Couldn't find a battery cells resistance check.
Balancer splitter board - Many chargers have this, I hate this and prefer all the balancer on the charger it self, I use the parallel board so it doesn't matter too much
The fans keep going even when all batts are full until you actually stop the charging then they turn off immediately

Here is how i set it up:
Last edited by sevet; Aug 08, 2016 at 06:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 02:22 PM
So you are able to charge your LiHV batteries to 4.35V? I read on another thread that it only goes to 4.30V.
Aug 24, 2016, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evos
So you are able to charge your LiHV batteries to 4.35V? I read on another thread that it only goes to 4.30V.
Goes all the way to 4.35V, I have many LiHV batts, its not just setting the Lipo limit to 4.35 instead of 4.2 , it's LiHV program.

I will post a picture when I get back from vacation
Aug 24, 2016, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evos
You can acutally adjust it and charge beyond 4.35
Sep 20, 2016, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevet
This Charger is not so new, I think 6 month or so, I have it now for about 3 month and very very pleased by it, I didn't see anyone write about it so I put this mini review

You can get it from Banggood:

http://www.banggood.com/EV-PEAK-CQ3-4x100W-10A-110220V-1-6S-RC-Battery-Balance-Charger-p-1074668.html

Or for a few more bucks from Aliexpress with free DHL shipping, this is where i got it from:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EV-Peak-100W-x-4-CQ3-RC-Balance-Lipo-Battery-Charger-Nimh-Nicd-lithium-Battery-Charger/32647497347.html

Others offer it like getfpv and rotorgeek but some didn't ship to me and some had very high shipping fee, from Aliexpress it arrived in a few days with DHL!

This is the best charger I've had and I had a few, not the fancy ones but ok ones, I mainly charge 4S 1000-1800mAh batteries for mini racing drones so it is perfect for me.

Specification:
Brand Name: EV-PEAK
Item NO: CQ3
AC Input: :110V-220V
DC Input: :11.0V-18.0V
Charge Power: max.100W*4
Discharge power: max.10W*4
Charge Current: 0.1~10.0A
Discharge current: 0.1~50.0A - Discharge weak, can probably do it with external registor but its too much fuss
Balance tolerence: 0.01V
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1-15cells
LiPo/LiLo/LiFe battery cell count: 1-6series
Pb battery voltage: 2V-24V
Digital Power: 3V-24V
Dimension: 220*240*68mm
Weight: 1750g

Feature:
AC/DC dual input - Charge directly from home power or from car battery.
Built in SMPS 500W.
4 channel independent output - Charge 4 even different batteries separately at the same time
Support both 110V and 220V input by switching.

Packaged included:
1 x Charger
4 x Charging Cable - Too bad they are dean... I replaced to XT60
4 x Balancing Adapter Board XH
1 x XT60 DC Input Cable
1 x AC Input Cable
1 x Instruction

Beyond it being a Quad charger the other first thing is that it has a built in 400W PSU, which is great for home use instead of having an external PSU, very convinient, I rarely charge out side so the extra size is not a problem for me.

It doe's say so on the product page and to my surprise this charger supports LiHV batteries, it was a wonderful surprise as I got some LiHV batts roughly the same time i got this charger.

The menus are the basic menus that you see on many BA6, nothing too interesting.
It balances great.

I use it with 4(!) parallel boards of 4 each with self healing fuzes to charge 16 of my batteries at once! I have few brands/types of Drone racers batteries so I charge the same batteries on the same parallel board and only if they are roughly in the same discharge rate.

This Charger is amazing I really like it, it has a few cons, none are a deal breaker for me:

Some cons that i found are:
Deans and not XT60 on the charging leads - fixable
No auto recognize of Cell count - Loved this feature on my Reaktor charger.
No warning when charging LiHV - It says LiHV before you start charging but then only Li4S (no HV), Be carefull not to accidently charge your regular LiPo to 4.35 of LiHV!!! (almost did it to my Fatshark battery...)
Weak discharge - as most chargers, I use a 15$ 150W discharger from MyRCMart, its the best!!
Couldn't find the cycle program
Couldn't find a battery cells resistance check.
Balancer splitter board - Many chargers have this, I hate this and prefer all the balancer on the charger it self, I use the parallel board so it doesn't matter too much
The fans keep going even when all batts are full until you actually stop the charging then they turn off immediately

Here is how i set it up:
What balance boards did you use?
Sep 22, 2016, 05:16 AM
Thread OP
I used the V3 parallel board which has self-resettable fuse protection.
All the balance ports are protected by these resettable fuses (also known as polyfuse)
On previous parallel board i had, sometimes when you connect the balance plug it would touch the connectors in the wrong way and then I had to solder the inside parts to fix it, with these fuses that doesn't happen. (i'm also more careful and skilled now )

http://www.banggood.com/Paraboard-XT60-V3-Parallel-Charging-Board-for-Lipos-p-923916.html
Sep 22, 2016, 12:10 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
How much current can it supply to a 6S pack from AC? From 12v DC supply?
Sep 22, 2016, 12:25 PM
Suspended Account
100 watts..ac/or dc 11v-18v.. 2.52 amps by my cal.
Sep 22, 2016, 12:42 PM
100 W/22.2 V=4.5 amps 100 W/25.2 V=3.97 amps How did you get 2.52 amps?
Apr 12, 2017, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
Does anyone know how to fix a charger when one cell reading (the 4th) is not accurate?
After more that a year of heavy duty trusty work one of the 4 channels now gives the wrong reading making it un usable for 4S...
3S and 2S works fine, and the other 3 channels work well as well.

Quick Reply