Oct 04, 2016, 12:55 PM

omnibus-OSD disappears during flight

Anyone else have an issue with loosing OSD during flight? lol its funny video is crystal clear and no complaints but i loose osd during flight.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2016, 10:27 PM
AKA jflyper
Loose connections.
Power supplies.

IIRC, I've seen a similar case in the official thread.
If not, I'll help you there.
Oct 05, 2016, 12:10 PM
can you please put a link to that thread. im new here and still learning my way around. i would greatly appreciate it!

-Nick (madyetfpv)
Oct 05, 2016, 12:32 PM
AKA jflyper
@Madyetfpv
The link is in post #60.

Your first post is #61
Oct 06, 2016, 08:28 AM
I can see SDL/SDA pins in the pinout pictures, but on the final product image they are simply gone. What happened? I was really looking forward to this FC but now it is not going to be my choice without SDL/SDA pins. Need them for I2C devices like external mag.
Oct 06, 2016, 09:46 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaman82 View Post
I can see SDL/SDA pins in the pinout pictures, but on the final product image they are simply gone. What happened? I was really looking forward to this FC but now it is not going to be my choice without SDL/SDA pins. Need them for I2C devices like external mag.
I've responded in the official thread.
Oct 07, 2016, 09:29 PM

Cannot connect Flip32 to Betaflight

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a flip32 omnibus (the regular F3 with two buttons next to spek satellite plug). I have only ever been able to connect to Betaflight on one computer (tried THREE). This was before I flashed with any firmware. I wired everything up (VTX, Camera, Spektrum receiver, ESC's) and had everything ready to fly on a Hyperlite 210 frame with Matek PDB. After getting everything ready to fly, I decided to flash the latest firmware to it (because my research concluded that it was recommended). Now, no matter what I do, I cannot connect it to Betaflight. I have downloaded all drivers for it and successfully flashed the latest firmware to it. Once flashed, the flip32 will not connect to Betaflight, no matter what I do. I am at wits end with this FC and about to throw it in the trash. I have spent many late night hours google-ing, youtube-ing and asking at hobby shops as to why or what I am doing wrong and no one can seem to help. I have the latest version of Betaflight running on Windows 7 Professional. Everything is connected correctly (VTX transmits, Camera works, Spek receiver works, OSD is even viewable).....Still cannot get this FC to connect to Betaflight.

PS I have an old Naze32 that connects in Betaflight, every time, no issues.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
Oct 07, 2016, 10:34 PM
Reportbuttonsnitch
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ing-Betaflight

You probably missed to follow the last chapter.
Oct 08, 2016, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropax View Post
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ing-Betaflight

You probably missed to follow the last chapter.
I am not sure what you are referring to here.
Oct 08, 2016, 02:47 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla23 View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a flip32 omnibus (the regular F3 with two buttons next to spek satellite plug). I have only ever been able to connect to Betaflight on one computer (tried THREE). This was before I flashed with any firmware. I wired everything up (VTX, Camera, Spektrum receiver, ESC's) and had everything ready to fly on a Hyperlite 210 frame with Matek PDB. After getting everything ready to fly, I decided to flash the latest firmware to it (because my research concluded that it was recommended). Now, no matter what I do, I cannot connect it to Betaflight. I have downloaded all drivers for it and successfully flashed the latest firmware to it. Once flashed, the flip32 will not connect to Betaflight, no matter what I do. I am at wits end with this FC and about to throw it in the trash. I have spent many late night hours google-ing, youtube-ing and asking at hobby shops as to why or what I am doing wrong and no one can seem to help. I have the latest version of Betaflight running on Windows 7 Professional. Everything is connected correctly (VTX transmits, Camera works, Spek receiver works, OSD is even viewable).....Still cannot get this FC to connect to Betaflight.

PS I have an old Naze32 that connects in Betaflight, every time, no issues.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
I suppose that you are aware that you need appropriate drivers to flash and connect toOMNIBUS F3 AIO, and some of your PC does have at least part of the drivers, because you successfully flashed at least once, and some has connected to the FC with configurator.

Try connecting to the board with one of the PCs you have successfully connected in the past.

If this doesn't work, you can call for help in the official thread:
Omnibus F3AIO
Oct 08, 2016, 03:36 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla23 View Post
I am not sure what you are referring to here.
The omnibus is a VCP board and needs a different driver than naze and siblings with 2102 usb-to-uart bridge. The linked article points out that it is not enough to download and run the driver "install", it just unpacks and the actual driver installation has to be done manually in a separate step. If you still struggle after doing this post a screenshot of your device manager with the board connected.
Oct 08, 2016, 04:40 PM
Quote:
The omnibus is a VCP board and needs a different driver than naze and siblings with 2102 usb-to-uart bridge. The linked article points out that it is not enough to download and run the driver "install", it just unpacks and the actual driver installation has to be done manually in a separate step. If you still struggle after doing this post a screenshot of your device manager with the board connected.
Attached are screenshots of my device manager with the FC connected. The first pic it is connected without being in boot mode, the second pic is it connected IN boot mode.

I have installed both drivers that were referred to me (Zadig, CP210 VCP Installer64). As I stated before, the FC WILL FLASH just fine, but it will NOT connect to Betaflight after being flashed.
Oct 08, 2016, 06:09 PM
Reportbuttonsnitch
It flashes fine because DFU (bootloader) mode uses a different driver.

"CP210 VCP" sounds suspicious to me. Did you get the driver from here:
http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/...-stm32102.html

I've attached it to safe you from the hassle of registration.
Follow the included readme.
Oct 08, 2016, 07:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
You should have a COM port if the VCP driver is installed properly.

Good news, you got the bootloader driver installed correctly. That's the one most ppl can't get working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 08, 2016, 11:23 PM
Quote:
It flashes fine because DFU (bootloader) mode uses a different driver.

"CP210 VCP" sounds suspicious to me. Did you get the driver from here:
http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/...-stm32102.html

I've attached it to safe you from the hassle of registration.
Follow the included readme.
Yes, this is the second driver I installed, and yes that is where I got it from.