Sep 25, 2016, 12:38 AM
Kind of a noob question here. How does the current sensing work on the Pro Version?

I ended up here looking for a new FC that is SPI Gyro (and doesn't have 9250 or 6500 gyros) and I was also looking for a PDB that provides OSD current sensing(Like Red Rotor or HUBOSD ECO X). Now that betaflight is controlling OSDs and it's integrated on the Omnibus FC I'm trying to figure out how to get current readouts up to 100-120Amps back to the the Omnibus. Of course then I saw that current sensing is added to the Pro version that doesn't appear to be released yet and i'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2016, 01:07 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubb42
Kind of a noob question here. How does the current sensing work on the Pro Version?

I ended up here looking for a new FC that is SPI Gyro (and doesn't have 9250 or 6500 gyros) and I was also looking for a PDB that provides OSD current sensing(Like Red Rotor or HUBOSD ECO X). Now that betaflight is controlling OSDs and it's integrated on the Omnibus FC I'm trying to figure out how to get current readouts up to 100-120Amps back to the the Omnibus. Of course then I saw that current sensing is added to the Pro version that doesn't appear to be released yet and i'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this.

Thanks for any help.
Yet not available PRO has built in current sensor, probably capable of measuring up to 60A. Your favorite FC with current sensor input + external PDB with current sensor is advised for the 120A application.

You may be able to mod the PRO board by replacing single resistor.

BTW, there's the OMNIBUS F3 PRO RCG Thread:
OMNIBUS F3 Pro
Sep 25, 2016, 06:04 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I'm having a hard time finding PDBs that do current sensing that aren't also an OSD. Or that actually list the upper limit of there current.

Will this Pix Hawk APM one put out info that the Omnibus can can utilize.
http://www.banggood.com/Dual-UBEC-Di...-p-961076.html

Are we sure the omnibus pro has a 60A max? I couldn't find that on the specs
Sep 25, 2016, 07:01 PM
AKA jflyper
[QUOTE=Jubb42;35810400]Thanks for your reply.

I'm having a hard time finding PDBs that do current sensing that aren't also an OSD. Or that actually list the upper limit of there current.[quote]
Yeah, I wish mysirbot make one.

Quote:
Will this Pix Hawk APM one put out info that the Omnibus can can utilize.
http://www.banggood.com/Dual-UBEC-Di...-p-961076.html
Two things that I noticed:
(1) Does not specify current sensor output voltage range. You can probably pick it up in some APM page.
(2) Size of the board is not given. I have a impression that this board is not 35x35 but larger, judging from the size of mounting holes against the board edge length.
(3) There's a user comment that the current measurement is not linear. I don't know how this can be; it seems to use the standard INA169. May be the thermo-characteristic of the output load resistor.

Quote:
Are we sure the omnibus pro has a 60A max? I couldn't find that on the specs
It's just a personal prediction based on their past designs.
myairbot may chime in and give us a word

EDIT: myairbot probably doesn't come here Post your question in the thread indicated above.
Last edited by teralift; Sep 25, 2016 at 07:18 PM.
Sep 27, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hi
Does anybody know who the 'official' suppliers are in the UK?
Unmanned Tech appear to be a supplier but have no stock
Cheers
Steve
Sep 28, 2016, 01:30 AM
Rchelistuff
Their product is not the original pro afaik. Got one from them but looks different, just check the power soldering pads.

Sent from my Lenovo K3 Note using Tapatalk
Oct 02, 2016, 07:42 AM
Hi Guys,

now I want to build my new copter with the Omnibus F3 and I'd like to connect the 4 (seperated) ESC from the 4in1-ESC connector.
What about the experience with connecting only the signal pin? Is this ok or do I have to connect the GND also?
And what kind of cable is this connector?
Oct 02, 2016, 11:33 AM
Reportbuttonsnitch
The connector is JST-SH, you can buy pigtails but I really don't recommend. If you want a tidy build ditch the header pins/servo plugs and solder signals and grounds directly.
Quads are a very noisy environment, the twisted signal ground acts as shielding. Some builds seem to work without, others have all kinds of strange issues.

I don't take chances and run the ground wires in all my builds and never had any issue with ESCs or motors.
Oct 02, 2016, 11:36 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerDominik
Hi Guys,

now I want to build my new copter with the Omnibus F3 and I'd like to connect the 4 (seperated) ESC from the 4in1-ESC connector.
What about the experience with connecting only the signal pin? Is this ok or do I have to connect the GND also?
And what kind of cable is this connector?
It is your preference to connect signal return (GND) to FC. Some people say it just work without them, some say connecting them would make the FC-ESC connections less sensitive to power line noise, yet others implicitly connect or leave them unconnected depending on the PDB they use.

You have a GND pin on the connector (VSS), so it is not impossible to wire SIGNAL/GND pairs to ESCs; you have to make a 1-to-4 breakout wire.

The connector itself is JST SH I believe.
Oct 02, 2016, 03:01 PM
I have an Omnibus. When I do a backflip I lose control of the quad. This consistently happens every time I do a backflip.
Oct 02, 2016, 05:08 PM

Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _russellb
I have an Omnibus. When I do a backflip I lose control of the quad. This consistently happens every time I do a backflip.
What are you running 8K/4K for settings and are you running ESCs Synced or Unsynced?
Oct 02, 2016, 05:43 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by _russellb
Backflips only? What about rolls?

How long does the uncontrollable state last? Do you regain control?

BB log? (You have to goto the BF thread with BB log though.)
Oct 02, 2016, 09:52 PM
I'm running the Gyro at 8Khz
The pid loop at 2Khz
and the accelerometer is also on
The esc's: Aikon SEFM 30A ESC

This is my first betaflight build so I don't know what syncing the esc's is.
Oct 04, 2016, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevietee10
Hi
Does anybody know who the 'official' suppliers are in the UK?
Unmanned Tech appear to be a supplier but have no stock
Cheers
Steve
Unmanned Tech is official supplier for Airbot Products, they will have omnibus F3 stock soon, already put the order to me

On the otherhand, you can put order in my shop too, (shop.myairbot.com), it will be shipped from UK or Europe.

by the way, when it is possible, please post question in official postings.
Banggood(and GLB) clones everything, we never cooperate with them.
Oct 04, 2016, 08:49 AM
AKA jflyper
This is the official thread:

Omnibus F3AIO