Mar 20, 2017, 07:18 PM
Sorry if it's already been discussed but any thoughts on this F4 Pro clone?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F4-OMNIBUS-F...-/272568402461

Seems to be V2. Any disadvantages between V2 and V3? I'll be using a Spektrum satellite. Just figured it might make sense for a few $ more than a standard F3.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 08:40 PM
AKA jflyper
I don't recommend it. Too many unsolvable "no overlay" issues.
Mar 21, 2017, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
I don't recommend it. Too many unsolvable "no overlay" issues.

What are unsolvable "no overlay" issues?
Mar 21, 2017, 12:39 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster
What are unsolvable "no overlay" issues?
Video overlay chip never worked on multiple BG clones. Not even a sign.
Mar 21, 2017, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Video overlay chip never worked on multiple BG clones. Not even a sign.
Thanks for the heads up!
Mar 22, 2017, 04:22 PM
Now I broke the USB connector off my Omnibus F3. It is the worst fixed USB port I have ever seen. So next question, can I just put it back on with glue ? Looks like the pins was not soldered, but only a fix point on each side.

For now I use UART1. So it is not completely dead.
Mar 22, 2017, 04:23 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Now I broke the USB connector off my Omnibus F3. It is the worst fixed USB port I have ever seen. So next question, can I just put it back on with glue ? Looks like the pins was not soldered, but only a fix point on each side.

For now I use UART1. So it is not completely dead.
PM to myairbot.com.
Mar 22, 2017, 07:17 PM
Just got smart audio to work, and I've hooked up a current signal wire from a PDB that has a sensor to the correct port on the Omnibus F4

In Betaflight, what settings do I use on a the "Current" section. Virtual? Onboard?
Mar 22, 2017, 10:51 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto
Just got smart audio to work, and I've hooked up a current signal wire from a PDB that has a sensor to the correct port on the Omnibus F4

In Betaflight, what settings do I use on a the "Current" section. Virtual? Onboard?
Onboard...
Mar 22, 2017, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Onboard...
Thanks!
Mar 23, 2017, 04:48 AM
aka Paul
I finally got round to finishing the install of my F4 Pro v3 last night. A pretty trouble free install other than the 5v out going to the cam was only 4.36v and wouldn't power the camera. Had a swap around with the jumper pads and now it's fine with vBat going to the cam and VTX. SmartAudio working well with the Unify Pro.

I had to tweak the vBat scaling a tiny bit from 110 to 109. Not calibrated the current meter as yet.

BTW, why is the pad that supplies the FPV gear refered to as RAM? Also a I right in thinking the 'RAM' is filtered even with vBat?
Mar 23, 2017, 07:46 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevsUK
BTW, why is the pad that supplies the FPV gear refered to as RAM?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post35514094

Quote:
Also a I right in thinking the 'RAM' is filtered even with vBat?
I don't understand the question.
Mar 23, 2017, 09:24 AM
aka Paul
Quote:
Between the jumper pads and the + output pins for the cam/vtx, there looks to be some noise supression filtering on the board (little orange thing and some caps). Assuming that's correct, will this feed only get filtered if using a 5v or will it still get filtered if vbat is used?
Mar 23, 2017, 09:34 AM
Sorry to bring this up here, not sure what going on with my readytoflyquads.com order. Any reputable recommendations for an authentic F3, I think I don't need the F4 at this point. Or should I get a clone from BG? Is myairbot good?

Also, I'm noticing 5V issues with the F3, would this be a problem if I want to run both a RunCam Swift 2 and my VTX from the 5V pins?
Last edited by joelones; Mar 23, 2017 at 09:46 AM.
Mar 23, 2017, 09:57 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones
Sorry to bring this up here, not sure what going on with my readytoflyquads.com order. Any reputable recommendations for an authentic F3, I think I don't need the F4 at this point. Or should I get a clone from BG? Is myairbot good?
Why don't you go ask in the official thread?

Omnibus F3AIO
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Omnibus-F3AIO

I do not recommend BG clones.

Quote:
Also, I'm noticing 5V issues with the F3, would this be a problem if I want to run both a RunCam Swift 2 and my VTX from the 5V pins?
Yes. CAM is most likely not to work.