Sep 11, 2004, 11:16 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
Yowzer! Looks great, but I'd hate to think of the masking job you'd have to do before painting that scheme...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2004, 11:23 PM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
After a light coat of WBPU I get pretty good results with a brush and some $0.44 WalMart Apple Barrel paints on my foamies.

Steve I'll be dropping a dime on some Depron as soon as you get your build thread up. Then I'll have to invest in a digital camera to post some shots.

Bob
Last edited by kscbob1; Sep 11, 2004 at 11:27 PM.
Sep 11, 2004, 11:45 PM
Nickel what?
This is the first plane thats gotten me to start looking up Depron haha. I like it a lot - can't wait for plans to come out!
Sep 12, 2004, 05:35 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP

Plans

Finally finished up the plans and have attached them below. These plans consist of two files--a scaled assembly drawing that shows how everything fits together (2 pages tiled), and a full scale tiled parts template (4x4 pages, for 16 pages total). The previews below show how everything should look when printed out and assembled. Each page has the drawing margins printed on it, so all you have to do is cut every other page on the margins, line up the edge with the margin on the adjacent page, and then tape it together.

Enjoy! And if you build one, post pictures of it!

Steve

Edit: For those that prefer non-tiled plans, I've posted another file below with the full size parts templates on a single ANSI E size sheet (34" x 44").

Edit #2: For those that are interested in a smaller version of this jet, plans are posted in post #1326 of this thread for a 22" span version intended for CD-ROM motors or other small brushless motors. Here's a link:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1326
Last edited by jetset44; Nov 11, 2004 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Added link to F-18 Pocket Jet
Sep 12, 2004, 05:39 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP

Blue Angels Decals

For those of you that want to duplicate the Blue Angels paint scheme, here are the decals I used. I had to reduce the resolution of these a bit to get them under the Ezone posting limit of 100 KB, but they should look OK when printed. If you'd like a higher resolution version, just PM me. These are GIF images, so just use any image editing program to size them so that they each fit on one 8.5" x 11" piece of paper, and then print them.
Last edited by jetset44; Sep 12, 2004 at 05:48 PM.
Sep 12, 2004, 05:50 PM
Excellent!! thanks for sharing your work... We're off to the Depron store
Sep 12, 2004, 07:54 PM
where are depron stores???? Is that what they are called>?
Sep 12, 2004, 08:03 PM
Woooohoooo

Jetset44. Thanks for the plans. I am gonna print them out and start building. Hope to see yours soon Nithia.

Regards
Sep 12, 2004, 08:24 PM
Phil Huffstatler
Thank you, Thank you.

Thank You.

phil in austin
Sep 12, 2004, 09:05 PM
Giddy up!
Steve,

Any chance you post the a full size pdf? I'd rather print full size plans. Thanks for everything...
Last edited by Sal C; Sep 12, 2004 at 09:11 PM.
Sep 12, 2004, 09:10 PM
jetst44,
I'd be happy to host the full size Decal image on my website, if you like.

Just email it to me and I'll post a link immediately.

My direct email is :
[email protected]

Thanx,
KB
Sep 12, 2004, 09:40 PM
U.City Flyer

Build Thread or Build Instructions?

Steve,

Besides the plans themselves, are you going to do a separate build thread or set of build instructions? I've got my 6mm depron ready to go and the plans printed out, but it sure would be easier with an accompanying build thread.

Thanks.

Barry
Sep 12, 2004, 10:08 PM
Ado
Ado
Meow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal C
Steve,

Any chance you post the a full size pdf? I'd rather print full size plans. Thanks for everything...
A print scale would be a good idea too.... so we know we are printing it out proper too.

Cheers,

Ado
Sep 12, 2004, 10:08 PM
fLyoMaNIaC
Hiya Steve,

A gazillion thanks. You just made my day. I'll be working on this one with Yeap immediately. He's really good at building. He's like a "GURU" to me.

Let's rock guys.

Best Regards,
Nithia
Sep 12, 2004, 10:40 PM
Park Jet Guru
Thread OP
Everyone's welcome for the plans. I'm happy to give back to the community that taught me so much!

I've already received several requests for high resolution Blue Angels decals, so I just created a 300 dpi version (the previous version was 150 dpi) and posted it at the link below:

http://jetset44.rchomepage.com/Blue_...ls_300_dpi.zip

I also just finished putting together a mini-build thread and will post it shortly!

Sal--I'm working on getting a full-size PDF for you. My first attempts have been unsuccessful--the software won't cooperate... I'm sure there's a way, but I'll have to figure it out.

Steve

Quick Reply