http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0456cb7e1a30e
Aug 06, 2016, 09:07 AM
Suspended Account
Sam, nails it.
Aug 06, 2016, 09:16 AM
Interesting writing style.
Aug 06, 2016, 09:27 AM
I smell lithium now
So he's a pastor who believes in Christianity because someone told him to ? I don't really claim to get evangelicals, or republicans half the time. But how does he square his purported views about justice with voting to put a felon back in the White House ? Is it the indicted vs unindicted parsing ?
Aug 06, 2016, 09:28 AM
Sink stinks
I agree mostly, but it's also hypocritical for Christians to support Hillary. A third party is the only potentially conscionable choice.
Aug 06, 2016, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
We read the Scriptures and found Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Creator, commanding his followers to care for the poor, to love others as we love ourselves.
Aug 06, 2016, 09:33 AM
Sink stinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
We read the Scriptures and found Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Creator, commanding his followers to care for the poor, to love others as we love ourselves.
From which he made old the leap of logic that Jesus meant the government should care for the poor with taxpayers' money, as opposed to the Church caring for the poor themselves as was actually commanded.

(Note: I'm not trying to say that there should be no welfare programs or that Jesus would necessarily disapprove of them, just that people who claim Jesus advocated for them are being dishonest.)
Aug 06, 2016, 09:52 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper
So he's a pastor who believes in Christianity because someone told him to ? I don't really claim to get evangelicals, or republicans half the time. But how does he square his purported views about justice with voting to put a felon back in the White House ? Is it the indicted vs unindicted parsing ?
He's not a pastor.

Quote:
Sam Davidson Theology Student, Gardener, Artisan Ice Cream Maker
Aug 06, 2016, 09:54 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
The author is pretty bad, isn't he? A whole field of strawmen.
Aug 06, 2016, 10:05 AM
Figure Nine Champ
https://samdavidsonwaco.wordpress.com/about/

Quote:
2 thoughts on “About”

Quote:
scott wilson August 5, 20163:10 pm

so I hope this means that you will not be voting either way because th e democratic candidate has a much more evil past than the donald
Quote:
samdavidsonwaco August 5, 20164:42 pm

Correct. See below.

https://samdavidsonwaco.wordpress.co...f-lesser-evil/
Aug 06, 2016, 10:08 AM
Suspended Account
Three posts in row.....must have hit a nerve.....
Aug 06, 2016, 10:11 AM
Figure Nine Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings
Three posts in row.....must have hit a nerve.....
Nah, don't project so much. I just spent the time to find out who this guy is.
Aug 06, 2016, 10:24 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
So. . . what I get from this is a guy believes in a particular God and that Trump might win scares him. It took a 3000 words to say that?

And then to title the thread with hypocrisy? LOL

The left has been clearly shown time after time after time the Clintons are the epitome of corruption, yet ignore it because they want either free stuff or think those that have worked hard for their assets need to share more.
Aug 06, 2016, 10:24 AM
I smell lithium now
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
He's not a pastor.
Ahh, I didn't make the connection between theology classes and making ice cream, lol Survival dictates most of us align our educational pursuits with our chosen career paths.
Aug 06, 2016, 11:03 AM
Figure Nine Champ
An engineering student is not an engineer nor is an education student, a teacher. .

Quick Reply