This thread is privately moderated by circuitfxr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 03, 2016, 04:54 PM
Resistance is futile
Thread OP
Discussion

No more AM Radio blues! 2.4Ghz to the rescue

Hey everyone!

My last blog entry chronicled the unpredictable things that happen with an AM radio. We have now upgraded the Stellar to 2.4 Ghz and no more interference at the lake! Yippee!

We proceeded with the running tests of the Stellar after installing the brass prop. She did GREAT (for about 30 seconds).

The small 1/18th scale brushless motor we put in her, couldn't handle the bigger prop and the motor got COOKED! Yup...how do you like your BL motor? medium well? or well done?

The boat literally just stopped dead in its tracks while at half throttle testing. I broke the oldest rule in the book...your prop diameter should not exceed the diameter of the motor can. Ooops!

We have since upgraded the Stellar with a 1/10th scale motor and ESC.
We are also now capable of running 3S instead of just 2S.

The Stellar's new run was nothing short of AMAZING! You can the video at youtube or wait for the posting in the build thread. We have designed and fabricated trim tabs and turn fins and will be adding them soon.

OK....I decided to add the video here. PLEASE don't give any spoilers in the Stellar build thread. You can comment here on this blog if you like. Thank you.

stellar test 2 (4 min 26 sec)
Latest blog entry: Spring time changes
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply