Aug 02, 2016, 04:46 AM
Thread OP

Turnigy Accucell 80W charger patched firmware update fail

Hi all

I use a couple of the Turnigy Accucell 80w Chargers and don't have any issues except one, in the standard firmware the balance lead needs to connected regardless of charging mode, not an issue until you need to charge cells that do not have the balance lead.

As I do now!!!!

On the Hobbyking International site they list a patched firmware that is supposed to fix this issue but for the life of me I cannot get it to install. I just get the following error DFU_Reset_T0_ISP fail!.

I did try the standard firmware and that loads ok, so I know mu connections are ok.

Anyone managed to install the patched firmware, did you have to do anything special to get it installed.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2016, 06:26 PM
My first post, I bought two of these chargers. It's great to here about the updated firmware. As I need to charge the newer style fat shark batteries which the balance lead only comes two wires. I'm having to charge them with a freinds charger which allows you to charger without the balance lead in. He's got the 300w Turnigy.
I'll see tonight if I can get the firmware installed.
Aug 03, 2016, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
Now sorted

Follow these instructions and it will update without a hitch

Paul

4. Flashing the Charger

I have attached a ZIP archive containing the modified firmware (fw_1.13_patched.bin), the original firmware (fw_1.1_original.bin) and the flashing tools: fw_1.13_patched .
To flash the firmware, start DFU.exe and select fw_1.13_patched.bin.
Then, enter VID = 0x0000 and PID=0x0001, and press update.
The charger will enter DFU mode and Windows should install the DFU driver, which takes a few instants (it's a HID device, so drivers are already included with Windows).
The updater will then flash the firmware (do not shut down/disconnect anything !), and the charger will then reboot.

The charger is now able to charge Lithium batteries without connecting the balance leads.

DISCLAIMER : I cannot provide any guarantee that this code will not brick your charger, burn down you house or worse. Proceed at you own risk, and never leave charging batteries unattended.

TL;DR: grabbed the firmware update, spent some quality time with a disassembler, patched two bytes, flashed new firmware. Charger now accepts to charge Lithium batteries without connecting the balance leads.
Aug 12, 2016, 01:37 PM
Can you post your IDA file with your comments? Would love to learn some assembly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 14, 2017, 06:42 PM
Mozzzzi
Hi @paul80 I cant see your attached ZIP file. Is it the same one on the Hobbyking Product page? I downloaded 1019411227X1816993X33 and followed the instructions above but still get the error after clicking Upgrade Button DFU_Reset_to_ISP fail! Do I have the correct file? Have I missed a trick? PDF of screen cuts attached.

Thanks for your help mate.
Oct 15, 2017, 03:20 AM
Mozzzzi
Hi Paul80. Found my problem. Discovered that I need to put the Charger in DFU mode first as below. Then worked perfectly. Many thanks.
4. To flash the firmware, start DFU.exe
5. Click “Load” button and select fw_1.13_patched.bin.
6. Then, enter VID = 0x0000 and PID=0x0001, and press update.
7. With DC Power NOT connected to charger
8. press and hold 'Start' button.
9. connect the charger to computer via USB cable.
10. after you see blank screen, the 'Start' button can be released.
11. The charger will enter DFU mode and Windows should install the DFU driver, which takes a few instants (it's a HID device, so drivers are already included with Windows).
12. 'SYSTEM UPDATE PLEASE WAIT.....' will be shown on the charger screen.
13. press 'Upgrade' button, about 5 seconds later, there will appear 'Some data was send! please wait-' on the upgrade software.
Jan 07, 2018, 10:36 AM
using megawin: i load the fw_1.13_patched file, after i hit upgrade the firmware appears to load, the charger resets and then i get "DFU_reset_to_AP Fail !"
Mar 05, 2018, 04:48 PM
Dear All, I tried to firmware update my Turnigy Accucell 6 with latest firmware found in HobbyKing site, but I wrong disconnecting the USB during the upload.
Now the charger presents only a line of blank digits and seems that is not any more recognized from Windows and no way to put in firmware update mode.

Is there anything to do ?

I didn't find the DFU.exe, where I can download it ?

Should it solve ?

Many thanks in advance

Rino.

Quick Reply