Flyzone Rapide Sport Glider - RC Groups

Flyzone Rapide Sport Glider

The Rapide is a 60" brushless glider with aerobatic prowess.

Splash

Fiberglass and Carbon Reinforced AeroCell Airframe

The all new 60' Rapide from Flyzone is a brushless-powered glider that excels at soaring and aerobatics. It features a full flying stabilizer, AeroCell construction with fiberglass and carbon reinforcement, and servos and brushless power system already installed. ALl you need is a 3s 2200mAh battery and radio system to get the Rapide flying.

The Rapide will retail for $219.99 and is slated for arrival in late August.

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 60 in (1525 mm)
  • Weight: 2.75 lb (1250 g)
  • Length: 42.5 in (1080 mm)
  • Wing Area: 364 inē (23.5 dmē)
  • Wing Loading: 17 oz/ftē (52 g/dmē)

CLICK HERE for more info on the all new Flyzone Rapide

Aug 04, 2016, 02:02 PM
The original Flybaby

this looks amazing

this glider looks awesome , by the looks of it this year is going to be a big year in my hanger ...

ticks all the boxes
Aug 06, 2016, 03:56 PM
Sea2Sky2See
Full flying stab is interesting.

From the other 'Rapide Warmliner' thread:
Https://youtu.be/yib2-n2BZg0

Seems pretty hot for a step-up glider.
Aug 06, 2016, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dparture
Full flying stab is interesting.

From the other 'Rapide Warmliner' thread:
Https://youtu.be/yib2-n2BZg0

Seems pretty hot for a step-up glider.
It's definitely in the warm/hotliner category. Too porky for a thermal ship (it's heavier than a Radian Pro 2m) although I'd bet it would be nice on the slope. The power system is pretty hot as well (40A ESC and a 960Kv motor)

There's lots of better choices if you are looking for a 1.5m thermal ship with basic aerobatic capabilities, but this looks to be borderline on the hotliner side of things. Probably a good choice for a first hotliner coming from a Calypso or Conscendo.
Aug 16, 2016, 08:12 PM
It would be interesting, if an upgrade to 4S is possible.
Oct 01, 2016, 01:29 AM
Soaring Fanatic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
"Probably a good choice for a first hotliner coming from a Calypso or Conscendo."
My thoughts exactly. I'd like to give this one a try.

As far as 4S goes, you might be able to upgrade prop/ESC/motor for better performance while still on 3S to avoid adding extra weight if keeping the same mah. I'm hoping it has a good enough glide ratio and energy retention to power it up high within a few seconds and do some fast passes/acrobatics before having to hit the throttle again.
Jan 14, 2017, 02:47 AM
Just bought one of these yesterday. Looks like a lot of fun. Never thought I would buy another foamie glider but this looks very cool.
Jun 16, 2017, 03:26 PM
Just purchased one from Tower with promotional $10 off discount price and $20 discount code. I paid for saver membership and received free shipping today. Pretty good deal for what looks like a cool upgrade from my Radian at the park. I fly all sizes of planes at the field, but on occasion like to just fly down at the local high school. My Radian is a good rudder and elevator glider and still to this day it is flying strong after over 2 years of flying. Looking forward to a more acrobatic plane.

Need to get my futaba 7C manual out to see about possibly mixing ailerons as flaps or spoilers.