Aug 01, 2016, 04:19 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

F-16 MJ Full Fuse

I always love the park jet series especially those with less foam cutting and less parts to make the whole airplane. Been finding the F-16 the way I want it to be but with no avail. By far the best result for F-16 parkjet are all 'profile type' design.

I guess, why not design a full fuse F-16 on my self with the mixture of a couple of available design here on the net.

My aim is to have a less cutting foam, mid-pusher, easy to assemble within one day, and a full fuse type of design where I can tug the electronics inside the body of the plane.

This is where I've came up with 'F-16 MJ' the full fuse version. Planning on using a turnigy 2200kv motor, 6x4 prop, 30A ESC and 2200mah lipo with it. And the construction is using 6mm depron foam sheet.

Starting up the foam cutting process now and will update further together with the build log.
Last edited by azamkl; Aug 09, 2016 at 12:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2016, 11:36 PM
Thread OP

Building it

Starting to build the plane on one Sunday morning. Turn out the whole plane consume 2 1/2 of depron sheet altogether. If you have a scattered left over depron sheet from your earlier build, 2 sheet of fresh depron should be enough.

I'm using a hot glue for the whole plane joints and to add to the strength, I add in a wooden spar to the wing half on each side instead of one straight spar.
Last edited by azamkl; Aug 08, 2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add in title
Aug 08, 2016, 11:41 PM
Thread OP

Maiden Flight

A maiden video of me flying it

F-16 MJ - DIY Depron Plane (3 min 4 sec)
Aug 09, 2016, 01:55 AM
Balsa, depron addict.
Hi,

This is a beautiful design you made.
I saved the plans for a building. The full fuse is much more intereting than profile design.

Stefh
Aug 09, 2016, 05:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefh
Hi,

This is a beautiful design you made.
I saved the plans for a building. The full fuse is much more intereting than profile design.

Stefh
Glad that you like it and have the same feeling towards a full fuse type plane as me
Aug 16, 2016, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Finished another build up and this time building it for my friend. Add in the image on how I set the elevator for normal mix, a wood spar for the wing and motor mount. Also how I utilize the magnet for easy cockpit access.

Next step would be getting some decal for this plane to make it more eye catching.
Aug 17, 2016, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Another build finished with color stripes 😍
Sep 29, 2016, 02:14 PM
My son cut out your F-16MJ and we have a few questions before we start gluing to together.

Is this the motor that you used? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=65231

Can you post a few pictures of where you put the battery, servos, esc.... also did you cut in a hatch to give access to the battery/motor/esc?

Thanks,
John
Sep 29, 2016, 08:50 PM
NewFlyer
I wish to build this too.. Would be nice for a Rudder as well.
Sep 30, 2016, 01:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Addicted
My son cut out your F-16MJ and we have a few questions before we start gluing to together.

Is this the motor that you used? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=65231

Can you post a few pictures of where you put the battery, servos, esc.... also did you cut in a hatch to give access to the battery/motor/esc?

Thanks,
John
Hi John,

Yep, that's the motor that I use for this plane. Be sure not to exceed 1800mah Lipo as it will be to heavy for this plane. I preferred 1500mah lipo.

To answer your other question, below picture shall explain it:
Sep 30, 2016, 01:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenChin
I wish to build this too.. Would be nice for a Rudder as well.
Start building one KenChin Rudder would be great if you are planning for some aerobatic with this plane.
Oct 01, 2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Was the motor that I linked to the one that you used?

Otherwise, I have one of these, EMAX GT2215 1100KV MOTOR. Would it be to big?

John
Oct 02, 2016, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Hi John,

In deed that's the motor I'm using. Not sure about 1100kv, but I'm building my next F-16 MJ, I'll surely use 2700kv instead. A definitely motor that will make it take off vertical out from hand

The same motor were used on my another plane, Yak-130 MJ: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2729215

With 1100kv, a bigger prop than 6x4 is needed and be careful on your belly landing. Might be a tricky hand launch if you ask me. Again, I have no experience using 1100kv motor with park jet mid pusher.
Oct 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
We are getting close on our build. I still have a question about the motor. in the picture you show the one you have used and a 2822/14 1450kv but in your post you mention wanting to use a 2700kv motor in your next F-16MJ build. We would like to have good takeoff performance with out having to throw it. Will the 2826/6-2200kv give us that?

John
Oct 16, 2016, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
Hi John,
That was a neat building. Love the brown paper covering.

Maybe I miss stated somewhere, but to clarify your doubt, this plane flew nicely with Turnigy 2200kv motor. And if you notice in my youtube video, I simply full throttle and a lil bit tos for the plane and off she fly.

However, if you are planning to have more fun and agile performance, I highly recommend that you use a 2700kv motor. With it, you only need about 70% of throttle for a level flight and can punch to 100% throttle for more aerobatic.

Quick Reply