Jul 29, 2016, 11:57 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Thread OP
Help!

FMS ESC Throttle Calibration

Hi all,
I need some help.
I purchased a used FMS 1400mm Pitts, upon my initial setup everything worked but the throttle, on no problem I've read the manual and watched the videos.
Turn on the Tx.
Throttle up to full
Plug in battery
ESC will give two beeps.
Move the throttle to down to zero.
Go Fly!

Well, it took several attempts before I got the two beeps, it would just continuously beep, finally by some chance I got it and was able to set my throttle range.
Maiden flight no problem ran through two batteries.

Fast forward two weeks, second time out, now my throttle is not starting the prop until about mid stick or just above 0 %.

I have tried to recalibrate the throttle at least a dozen times and I can't I do not get the two sets of beeps. It's like the motor does not realize that my Tx is at a high throttle setting.
The plan just initializes like normal and once I drop the throttle to zero and bring it back up I get prop movement at mid stick.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

GJS
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2016, 09:30 PM
Do you have a throttle cut switch on your Tx? I ask because my Futaba does the same thing when the cut switch is on.
Jul 31, 2016, 05:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
Do you have a throttle cut switch on your Tx? I ask because my Futaba does the same thing when the cut switch is on.
I do have the ability to assign one and yes I usually do, but I have ensured that the switch is off.
Do you suggest I unassign the switch and try again?
Jul 31, 2016, 09:36 AM
No, I was just covering a simple, easily corrected cause; since you are certain it wasn't active during the test, you must have another problem - like a defective ESC.

I prefer Castle Creations products, especially the Edge models; with the Castle Link and software, you can do a postmortem when the power system is a suspect in an 'event'.
May 21, 2019, 07:03 AM
BigRon
Did you ever solve the throttle issue? If so, how?
May 21, 2019, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigron
Did you ever solve the throttle issue? If so, how?
The ESC was defective, I replaced it an have had no issue since.

Quick Reply