Thread Tools
Apr 10, 2018, 05:03 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Apparently Wingsland has produced some FW updates for the S6 and also one for its camera.

Judging by this video things seem to work a lot better now:

2018 Wingsland S6 Review after firmware upgrade (13 min 32 sec)


Meanwhile reduced in price over at BG https://www.banggood.com/Wingsland-S...r_warehouse=CN which seems to be more realistic, especially now it seems to behave a lot better.

BTW: there's also a transmitter in the pipeline.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Apr 10, 2018 at 05:10 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2018, 05:52 AM
Flying tambourine...
Hello everyone! I just ordered the Wingsland S6 and I would like to know if with the transmitter: Wingsland R6 5.8GHz Switchable Mode Foldable Transmitter For Wingsland S6 M5 X1 RC Quadcopter https://www.banggood.com/Wingsland-R...r_warehouse=CN would increase the range of the drone? Sorry for my English of google. :-)
Jun 23, 2018, 07:14 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavieRone
Hello everyone! I just ordered the Wingsland S6 and I would like to know if with the transmitter: Wingsland R6 5.8GHz Switchable Mode Foldable Transmitter For Wingsland S6 M5 X1 RC Quadcopter https://www.banggood.com/Wingsland-R...r_warehouse=CN would increase the range of the drone? Sorry for my English of google. :-)
It's quite likely to increase the control- and video-range, but the description doesn't mention anything about the actual range gain. Having a real transmitter will also increase the controlability of the craft as it's simply much nicer to fly with actual sticks then those digital versions on a phone's touchscreen
Jun 23, 2018, 05:30 PM
Flying tambourine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
It's quite likely to increase the control- and video-range, but the description doesn't mention anything about the actual range gain. Having a real transmitter will also increase the controlability of the craft as it's simply much nicer to fly with actual sticks then those digital versions on a phone's touchscreen
Thanks Pixelpeter! I've already ordered it here. ;-)

https://modernzilla.com/products/win...-rc-quadcopter
Jun 24, 2018, 02:02 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavieRone
Thanks Pixelpeter! I've already ordered it here. ;-)

https://modernzilla.com/products/win...-rc-quadcopter
That's a good price, but I've never heard of 'Modernzilla' Be sure to report back here once you've flown your S6 with the transmitter and share your experience.
Jun 24, 2018, 10:35 AM
Flying tambourine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
That's a good price, but I've never heard of 'Modernzilla' Be sure to report back here once you've flown your S6 with the transmitter and share your experience.
I did not know either, but they accept Paypal. When I get the pack (drone, 3 batteries and transmitter) I'll tell you!
Oct 17, 2018, 07:34 AM
Registered User
modellermark's Avatar

S6 with Transmitter and new props


For those of you who have the S6 or are thinking of getting one I thought i would share a few things that may be of help.

I bought mine a few months back and have to say the i felt quite nervous using the phone app as i never felt in full control.

I have a Mavic Pro and this will never be anything like it but i had it for a bit of fun when it was on offer and the quad35 code worked too so got it for about 85 .... the camouflage version is only 74.89 at the moment as it looks like the quad35 code is working again! (All on Banggood that is). and i think at that price it is a bargain.

It does have quirks .. the camera doesn't always show a picture on screen ... going into the picture files section on the app usually kicks it back into life after a couple of tries.

As soon as it came available i bought the R6 transmitter (this was about 70 as it is now but i had a 10% APP voucher which helped to bring the price down).
This made it much better although even after calibration it doesn't give a huge amount of forward and reverse .. though this isn't really designed to throw about anyway and your video will suffer if you do.

I noticed it always seemed pretty hot after a flight and wandered quite a bit in the air - not being locked in to GPS or barometer very well and as per other reviews gave about 6 to 7 minutes of flight .. but maybe the Mavic has spoiled me

So i started the search for props .. the first few just weren't going to fit or be practical .. .then i spotted the new Simtoo Fairy drone and those props looked like they may fit .... a bit of help from a YouTube fairy reviewer and i was happy to order a set of props (from AliExpress).

I have now fitted and tested these and can report that they are well worth fitting!!
They fold nicely and the S6 still fits in the storage case. Use the original bolts but remove the steel tubes from them.

On a straight hover test i got an extra 2 to 3 minutes flight time and the temperature around the S6 in various places was up to 10 degrees lower (including the battery itself).

Due to the weather i did the tests inside so had no GPS .. here i really noticed the difference as it was pretty stable with the Simtoo props on but i had to constantly control it with the stock props.

So for those with one or thinking of getting one my advice is to get the transmitter and a set of the Simtoo props ... it will never be a Spark but it is OK for some cheap fun and these make it run longer, smoother, cooler and quieter.
Nov 01, 2018, 08:32 AM
Registered User

Image stabilitation sistem


Hello, I dont know how to work with EIS, is It the same as antiflick?
If so, wich is better, 50 or 60 Hz?
Thanks!
Jun 29, 2019, 05:27 PM
Registered User
Startrek66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by modellermark
For those of you who have the S6 or are thinking of getting one I thought i would share a few things that may be of help.

I bought mine a few months back and have to say the i felt quite nervous using the phone app as i never felt in full control.

I have a Mavic Pro and this will never be anything like it but i had it for a bit of fun when it was on offer and the quad35 code worked too so got it for about 85 .... the camouflage version is only 74.89 at the moment as it looks like the quad35 code is working again! (All on Banggood that is). and i think at that price it is a bargain.

It does have quirks .. the camera doesn't always show a picture on screen ... going into the picture files section on the app usually kicks it back into life after a couple of tries.

As soon as it came available i bought the R6 transmitter (this was about 70 as it is now but i had a 10% APP voucher which helped to bring the price down).
This made it much better although even after calibration it doesn't give a huge amount of forward and reverse .. though this isn't really designed to throw about anyway and your video will suffer if you do.

I noticed it always seemed pretty hot after a flight and wandered quite a bit in the air - not being locked in to GPS or barometer very well and as per other reviews gave about 6 to 7 minutes of flight .. but maybe the Mavic has spoiled me

So i started the search for props .. the first few just weren't going to fit or be practical .. .then i spotted the new Simtoo Fairy drone and those props looked like they may fit .... a bit of help from a YouTube fairy reviewer and i was happy to order a set of props (from AliExpress).

I have now fitted and tested these and can report that they are well worth fitting!!
They fold nicely and the S6 still fits in the storage case. Use the original bolts but remove the steel tubes from them.

On a straight hover test i got an extra 2 to 3 minutes flight time and the temperature around the S6 in various places was up to 10 degrees lower (including the battery itself).

Due to the weather i did the tests inside so had no GPS .. here i really noticed the difference as it was pretty stable with the Simtoo props on but i had to constantly control it with the stock props.

So for those with one or thinking of getting one my advice is to get the transmitter and a set of the Simtoo props ... it will never be a Spark but it is OK for some cheap fun and these make it run longer, smoother, cooler and quieter.
Have you tried other flights with the new simtoo props?
Jun 30, 2019, 03:49 AM
Registered User
modellermark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek66
Have you tried other flights with the new simtoo props?
I have done a few flights outside now with the new props and controller and it is really nice to fly now although rates aren't very high on the controller and i don't think they can be adjusted - better for video that was though so it is OK with me.
I do still have issues with the camera feed not starting when it is turned on but that usually gets going by selecting the settings or gallery buttons which kick it into life.
On the whole it is fun now and i have the BB gun too which is surprisingly powerful and dnagerous
Jul 01, 2019, 06:33 AM
Registered User
Is it still possible to get the controller?
can't find it on gearbest/banggood
Jul 02, 2019, 12:21 AM
Registered User
startrek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by modellermark
I have done a few flights outside now with the new props and controller and it is really nice to fly now although rates aren't very high on the controller and i don't think they can be adjusted - better for video that was though so it is OK with me.
I do still have issues with the camera feed not starting when it is turned on but that usually gets going by selecting the settings or gallery buttons which kick it into life.
On the whole it is fun now and i have the BB gun too which is surprisingly powerful and dnagerous
Yesterday I received the simtoo propellers and am considering whether to mount them directly as you did or use a part of the simtoo coupling system to make a hole reduction so that the original metal wingsland plate can be mounted without the metal tube (spacers )
However I have already done some flights with the original configuration and the flight time was 7 minutes. Have you updated your application for your problem?
Jul 02, 2019, 12:58 AM
Registered User
startrek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1
Is it still possible to get the controller?
can't find it on gearbest/banggood
True, it is not found. We wait with confidence
Sep 06, 2019, 06:47 AM
Registered User
weedan's Avatar
I had bought a used M5 a while back and it comes with the R6 controller. If you get one from the M5 just remember to hit the tiny reset button on the bottom of the controller or it won't bind with the S6. The controller really makes the S6 a pleasure to fly. As has been said "it's not a Mavic" but for less than 100$ .............. I like it. I keep one in my truck.
Sep 06, 2019, 08:00 AM
Registered User
modellermark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek
Yesterday I received the simtoo propellers and am considering whether to mount them directly as you did or use a part of the simtoo coupling system to make a hole reduction so that the original metal wingsland plate can be mounted without the metal tube (spacers )
However I have already done some flights with the original configuration and the flight time was 7 minutes. Have you updated your application for your problem?
I haven't updated anything or flown it too much recently.
I got a new phone which was Andoid 9 and the App doesn't work any more as it won't bind to the controller so have kept my old phone for flying the wingsland.
I had a couple of off issues where the camera wouldn't display its stream and while that was the case flying time was just about 2 minutes before getting a low battery alarm and it landing.
I thought the batteries had failed but after a couple of attempts the camera stream started working again and i got the full flight time so it has some odd firmware issues!

I set the speed setting to maximum (high?) which seemed to help with controlability and flew in some quite strong wind but the lack of updates - especially with it not working on Andoid 9 is pretty annoying - i get the feeling that there won't me any more updates for this thing.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools