Nov 28, 2016, 04:58 AM
This (at the start) looked like in-camera stabilisation to me as it looks exactly like what it looks like when I do the same with my GIT2 (with its gyro on). Don't know what the text over the footage later on in the video said tho about the rest.

This guy had problems with his bought S6 (pre-production quad?):

WINGSLAND S6 FULL RECAP AND I LEFT MY GOPRO. (7 min 11 sec)

This guy might have the answer:

Wingsland S6 update (LIARS!) (3 min 17 sec)

For now I'd say just wait with ordering this one, and see how things develope ...
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Nov 28, 2016 at 05:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2016, 04:29 PM
ChoboDrone,reviews en Espaņol
As I read ...orders before November where pre production models
Dec 07, 2016, 10:54 AM
noob flyer
I pick up mine form the local hobby shop today , the boss mention that its the official version, wanted the orange one badly, but it was out of stock so got the camo scheme instead.
the S6 is able to connect to the APP and i did a hovering test in the evening.
realize that it requires a min of 7 GPS for auto takeoff in beginner mode ( i cant seem to toggle to standard mode)
it flys very slow and it will drift a little with just 6 GPS.
the virtual controls are hard to operate it. I did some research and found out the the Screenstick might be a good solution, what do you all think?
will do a full video recording and test outdoor over the weekends.
Dec 11, 2016, 05:56 AM
noob flyer

Mad

i try to bring it out for a test today, and a mishap happen. the wingsland s6 have a lot to improve on especially on safety .
the drone took off with 9GPS, it was hovering for about 5sec , before it start to drift to the right, after correcting it, it suddenly when out of control and continue to roll left and a very high speed, the drone crash into the ground, and the battery flew out.
how can a selfie drone have so low level of safety ? the user totally have no control inputs at all.
i have already email them and waiting for their response.
PS: video of the crash was not save as the battery flew, anyone have any idea how to recover the video?
Dec 12, 2016, 03:49 PM
I am seriously considering this over the Yuneec breeze because although the breeze is really impressive and produces smoother video with a camera that can angle up and down while flying... it weighs more than 250grams, whereas, this one weighs less which makes it unregulated. The only real concerns I have with this is the build quailty/strength and reliability. In time we will tell but yunhe's post makes me a bit worried....
Dec 12, 2016, 03:50 PM
Also, does it come with prop guards?
Dec 14, 2016, 08:20 AM
noob flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionfreefly
I am seriously considering this over the Yuneec breeze because although the breeze is really impressive and produces smoother video with a camera that can angle up and down while flying... it weighs more than 250grams, whereas, this one weighs less which makes it unregulated. The only real concerns I have with this is the build quailty/strength and reliability. In time we will tell but yunhe's post makes me a bit worried....
there are 2 version of the s6 model out there, the newer version comes with the GPS mounted on the top.
The prop guard does not come with the s6, the prop guard is design for the older version, it will not fix the new version from what i understand.

PROS
the s6 looks really nice, unique design.
good camera image
compact in size

CONS
needs better firmware
shaky Video
no replacements parts yet.

To be fair the build of the s6 is really good, given that mine fly at a very high speed and cash, breaking only the arm.
i would say the firmware needs to be improve, just like how the DJI have fly away models in the development stage if the product.
PS: maybe i am just that unlucky one that got all the stars align and gps decided to fail, and no way to manual override the controls result in the crash.
Dec 14, 2016, 08:24 AM
noob flyer
one thing worth mentioning is fast customer service response, the customer service even exchange Wechat contacts for easier communication.
Dec 17, 2016, 09:07 PM
Can anyone tell me if the S6 App will work with Android 4.4 as the Dobby App will not work with anything less than Android 5.
Thank you in advance.
Dec 18, 2016, 10:07 AM
Wisconsin
I am running the Dobby app on 4.4
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Dec 18, 2016, 09:00 PM
Thank you Mike, can you point me in the right direction to download the app.
I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.
Dec 18, 2016, 09:33 PM
Wisconsin
For the Dobby the android app is called Do.Fun on the android play store.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Jun 17, 2017, 03:31 AM
http://der-frickler.net
Hey S6 Onwers, could one of you do me a favour?

Could you please tell me the size of the props (end to end) and the distance of the 2 screws that hold the props on the motor? Would help me a lot.

Thanks!
Sep 03, 2017, 07:57 PM
Grrr :-)
Is there a compatible transmitter for this yet? I can't stand app control but like the specs on this. it says phone or radio transmitter but I have found nothing on that part yet.
Sep 10, 2017, 01:33 PM
Yes there is one out, but unfortunately you can only get it now with the M5 drone, which just launched. Supposedly when they get caught up, they will offer it standalone for the S6. If you're the adventurous type, you can root your phone and use the GameSir controller and tincore keymapper. Works pretty well, but doesn't increase your range.

Quick Reply