This thread is privately moderated by RC Roundtable, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 28, 2016, 06:25 PM
A podcast about RC modeling
Discussion

Crashy Smashy - RC Roundtable's First "Crasher" Video

We recently figured out that we have recorded a lot of crashes, close calls, and bad landings over the years. So we decided to put together a few montages of our footage. In each of the clips shown here, one of the RC Roundtable guys is manning either the camera or the transmitter. We have more videos to come, so stay tuned and check out our bi-weekly podcast at RCRoundtable.com or iTunes.

Crashy Smashy - A Collection of RC Mayhem / Vol. 1 (3 min 56 sec)
Last edited by RC Roundtable; Jul 29, 2016 at 01:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2016, 06:53 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Oh, the pain...!
Jul 28, 2016, 11:30 PM
Fun video, most of those weren't too bad, except for the edf's, was the Vampire (at ~3:00) fly again?

I'm also curious why the Fw-190 pilot decided to land with only one main wheel down, rather than going strait for a grass belly landing?
Jul 29, 2016, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SticksButter
Fun video, most of those weren't too bad, except for the edf's, was the Vampire (at ~3:00) fly again?

I'm also curious why the Fw-190 pilot decided to land with only one main wheel down, rather than going strait for a grass belly landing?
I'm not sure about the Vampire. I'll have to ask if it was rebuilt.

As I recall, the FW-190 pilot couldn't get the port gear down or the starboard gear back up. A dicey situation for sure.

Terry
Jul 29, 2016, 01:39 PM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Roundtable
I'm not sure about the Vampire. I'll have to ask if it was rebuilt.

As I recall, the FW-190 pilot couldn't get the port gear down or the starboard gear back up. A dicey situation for sure.

Terry
I thought the landing was the best you could do. Touch down on the pavement and slide on the grass.
Jul 29, 2016, 01:46 PM
FYI - The Vampire flew again the day after that crash. Lee said it flew better than ever since he stiffened the tail booms with skewers when he glued it back together.