Thread Tools
Jul 05, 2017, 04:13 PM
RC Warjet
Thanks, I'll move the question there.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 04:42 PM
Registered User
@GottaZoom
I tried reversing the Channel, did not help... i may asked in the OTX thread when i find it.
Jul 29, 2017, 06:27 AM
Registered User
Excuse me,
I have a Turnigy 9rx pro with the multiprotocol. I'm trying to connect a flysky receiver AS8, but I can not ... someone has ever used it? May I just "update" the card? I tried both in ppm and serial ...
Thank you.
Hello.
Aug 14, 2017, 09:57 PM
Registered User
Silly question: will the multiprotocol work on the cheaper MultiProtocol Module?
Aug 15, 2017, 08:37 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestingfello
Silly question: will the multiprotocol work on the cheaper MultiProtocol Module?
Yes if you manage to reflash it.
(this - Atmel Socket FW Tool works).

--
Mozz
Aug 15, 2017, 08:54 AM
Registered User
Holy schnikes!

Same 4in1 rf chip? I"m assuming the difference between the full size module and the one I linked are RF amplifier? (and of course it's a 328 instead of STM32)
Aug 15, 2017, 09:02 AM
Registered User
No, that is a illegal clone from a different project. You might be able to port multimodule with just the one radio module to it but so far nobody has done that.
Aug 15, 2017, 09:06 AM
Registered User
Yeah, I just found out it only has nrf24l01, so it's NOT 4 in 1.

Oh well.

Thanks!
Aug 16, 2017, 03:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
No, that is a illegal clone from a different project. You might be able to port multimodule with just the one radio module to it but so far nobody has done that.
I've done it and it's easy, just comment all but nRF24 related defines and recompile.

And IMNHO comment 'illegal clone' is a bit strong here, it's unique PCB design, only FW looks identical from outside (it' very probably copy of goebish's work). If you put your own FW inside it's not clone at all.

Yes, it works only for nRF24 protocol RXs.

--
Mozz
Aug 16, 2017, 08:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozgy
I've done it and it's easy, just comment all but nRF24 related defines and recompile.

And IMNHO comment 'illegal clone' is a bit strong here, it's unique PCB design, only FW looks identical from outside (it' very probably copy of goebish's work). If you put your own FW inside it's not clone at all.

Yes, it works only for nRF24 protocol RXs.

--
Mozz
Thank you for the confirmation!

(I thought the use of "illegal" was a language barrier thing)
Aug 16, 2017, 08:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestingfello
Thank you for the confirmation!

(I thought the use of "illegal" was a language barrier thing)
Nah. People always treat license violations as if it were something that is not a big thing. The way they are selling the product without giving credit notifying of the GPL is just illegal as it violates the license. Are you trying to sue a Chinese company for your hobby project? No, but what these companies do is still not legal.
Aug 16, 2017, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
Nah. People always treat license violations as if it were something that is not a big thing. The way they are selling the product without giving credit notifying of the GPL is just illegal as it violates the license. Are you trying to sue a Chinese company for your hobby project? No, but what these companies do is still not legal.
That's a valid point i had missed.
I'm not going to argue with you because you are correct.
The only thing I can say is that the east has a different outlook on intellectual property than the US or most of Europe who have agencies and laws.

I do appreciate the fact that hey link to the rcgroups thread, so it's not completely without citation.
Aug 16, 2017, 01:35 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by interestingfello
...The only thing I can say is that the east has a different outlook on intellectual property than the US or most of Europe who have agencies and laws....
Well, they also have agencies and laws ... even for IP ... the issue is more about when/how they choose to cooperate with others having similar laws.
Aug 17, 2017, 06:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
Nah. People always treat license violations as if it were something that is not a big thing. The way they are selling the product without giving credit notifying of the GPL is just illegal as it violates the license. Are you trying to sue a Chinese company for your hobby project? No, but what these companies do is still not legal.
I *do* agree with you, very much so. But in this particular case it is debatable (unique PCB, can't read shipped FW). On the other hand, blatant case of cloning and licence violations is ie. Racestar/tinyfish.

--
Mozz
Aug 17, 2017, 10:21 AM
Registered User
Has anyone soldered this internally in replacement for the stock internals xjt?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools