Jul 26, 2016, 07:45 PM
-S-
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
Thread OP
Question

Truck too fast? yes there I said it.......

I bought a Traxxas mash up between a stampede and a Rustler best I can tell

It's 4WD and the previous owner claimed it was clocked over 100MPH on this huge 4S battery.

On 3S I can barley keep the wheels on the ground above 1/2 throttle.

Here are the specs, wondering what Spur Pinion I should try to to lose some torque?

I'm OK with the speed but I have dirt/Grass and even with nice tires it's just too powerful.

Weight 2.5Lbs w/2200 MAH LiPo
Pinion 22T
Spur 52T
Motor 1415 1Y 2400KV
Mamba monster 1/10

I'm going to see if I can take it somewhere this weekend where there is enough pavement I can GPS it's speed on 3S I'm not even going to try 4S :-)

I figure dropping pinion will reduce Speed and dropping Spur will reduce torque or am I imagining things?

I have adjusted the ESC to the most conservative settings but I think I forgot to turn up the launch cut off I think it was called, the one that reduces initial power was set to 60 % maybe I can do better.

Thanks! - S
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 12:30 AM
Smaller pinion is lower speed plus more torque
Smaller spur is more speed and less torque
Jul 27, 2016, 04:40 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Maybe it can run on 2S too? That would reduce both speed and torque quite a bit.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 27, 2016, 05:38 AM
User Registered
Maybe you have a Slash 4x4. Rustler...me thinks not so much. Anyway, speed runs only hold my interest for so long, especially if you only have one RC. Setup the 4x4 to stock settings; throw a 2S pack in there, go toss some dirt around somewhere .
Jul 27, 2016, 06:50 AM
-S-
-S-
Thread OP
All good ideas thank you! The reason for 3 s is I have a ton of batteries 3s

I remembered after posting that the TX that came with it allows for setting dual rates and throttle curves I'll mess with that a bit thanks!
Jul 27, 2016, 06:51 AM
-S-
-S-
Thread OP
I'll post some pics it's a mixed breed but works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Maybe you have a Slash 4x4. Rustler...me thinks not so much. Anyway, speed runs only hold my interest for so long, especially if you only have one RC. Setup the 4x4 to stock settings; throw a 2S pack in there, go toss some dirt around somewhere .
Jul 27, 2016, 07:52 PM
-S-
-S-
Thread OP
OK I think I figured it out, it's a Stampede just a real low one with aftermarket arms and metal driveshafts Anyway.

Rather than learn a new radio that I may part with, I made adjustments on the Castle ESC.

Limiting power to 80% and creating a super mild throttle curve that spikes quickly near full throttle still allows it to pull the front end up on demand but I think my friends can drive it OK.

Anyway I agree this prolly should be a 2S truck but I have a ton of old 3S 2200 from my Heli days I need to burn up and I think this truck should take care of it quick :-)

If I decide to keep it I'll invest in some high quality 2S LiPo's for it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- S
Jul 30, 2016, 05:50 PM
-S-
-S-
Thread OP
Had friends over today for a RC run we had a blast but this guy is just too fast.

The E-Revo/Summit and Slashes handle the best on my property.

I did confirm it's a Telluride, I never looked at the Telluride what I was trying to figure it out because it has a Rustler body on it.

Even limiting the Throttle it's just crazy :-)

Anyway, figured I'd update the post if anyone was wondering.

I'll prolly post it in the F/S eventually.

Thanks! - S-
Aug 01, 2016, 09:51 PM
-S-
-S-
Thread OP
If anyone is still reading this :-)

as it turns out, it was a 4WD Slash with a telluride frame and mix of parts.

I put back the slash frame gear it as it should be and did a little more work and I have an awesome Slash 4wd real fun to drive now that it's not a 100 MPH monster.

anyway that is the end of this saga.

- S

Quick Reply