Apr 16, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlogon
This looks like a great design and I'm really excited to start the build!

I printed out the tiled plans and glued them all together but I noticed some issues with the symmetry on the wing so I decided to merge all the files into one, fix the symmetry, and add multiples of the "x2" parts that need cut.

The pdf should be print out on ANSI E size on a large format printer set to print "actual size" instead of "Fit to page". I've got the dwg file but it's not a valid file type for attaching here.

Thomas B. could you take a look to make sure I didn't inadvertently change something by mistake?
To attach dwg files here you have to zip them, I believe. Thank you for sharing your work.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2017, 11:38 AM
scratchbuilder
Thomas B. could you take a look to make sure I didn't inadvertently change something by mistake?[/QUOTE]

Looks good to me. Thank you for sharing!
Apr 17, 2017, 09:36 AM
@ Michael763
Thank you for the advice. I've now attached the DWG.

@ Thomas B.
Thank you for looking over the file.
Jul 27, 2017, 08:20 AM
I've built a few of these now and after learning a few things in the build I've made edits to the previous drawing that I uploaded. See attachments (pdf and zip)

I took my red one to Flite Fest this year and had a blast. Someone did hit me in an open flight session and it knocked off the motor mount but I fixed it up and sent it out for streamer combat and worked just fine. I should have reinforced the firewall with tape like Bixler does on his power pod designs and I probably wouldn't have had a problem.

Thanks again to Thomas B. for the design! It flies amazing and it's a lot of fun!
Jul 27, 2017, 04:45 PM
I had mine at flitefest too! It was destroyed but I built it heavy so the planes I did hit blew up nicely.
Nov 05, 2017, 01:07 PM
scratchbuilder

6 KungFu combat

We had a blast flying 6 KungFu at atime.
Aircombat 2017 (2 min 55 sec)
Nov 28, 2017, 03:12 PM
Scratch building addict

Components detail?

I have just finished my Kungfu made from dollar tree foam, the maiden went very well. Probably the best plan I have made, Thanks ! Pretty easy to build and the flight characteristics are great. Very stable and good glide ratio. There's something magic about slightly forward swept wings.

But mine has only about 40% of the performance (speed) that I see in these videos , like the one with the crash.

I have the same 1200kv DST motor, 30 amp esc (RC timer) and 1000maH 3S Turnigy nano battery. I'm wondering if my batteries are damaged even though they've been stored in the fridge at storage voltage.?

What exact brand of batteries/esc are people using in these videos? Or perhaps my esc is not too good? I am at AUW 270 grams, 7x6 gws electric prop.

Also, the performance in videos is amazing for such a low KV motor, a KV of 1200 should be using appx. 9-10 inch prop.?
Nov 29, 2017, 04:02 PM
scratchbuilder
No, we use 7x6 Gws Slowfly props and their cheap clones. Batteries are different brands, 3s 1000mAh to 3s 1200mAh.
Dec 16, 2017, 03:24 PM
Scratch building addict
Thanks for the reply. I think maybe my batteries are not so good.? I am going to try a 250W motor- turnigy L2210- 1650KV (nearly the same weight) with 8x4 prop.
Feb 20, 2018, 07:19 PM
Has anyone noticed that the left wing is about 10mm smaller on the tip cord or is this intentional
Feb 21, 2018, 01:16 AM
scratchbuilder
No, it is a mistake in the plans. Just take one wingshape and mirror it.
Feb 21, 2018, 07:07 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
No, it is a mistake in the plans. Just take one wingshape and mirror it.
I noticed a couple of alignments off.....Hey, it's free so no complaints....I just fold the plans and cut out the side that I liked best. Also forgot to convert the print size and printed it about 5% smaller, oh well, should be more agile and more fun to fly.
Put mine together this last weekend out of the crappy hobbyking foam that I bought too much of. Used the thick 10 mm stuff for the wing, so no kf strip, I'll see how it flys like that if it ever stops raining.
Mar 13, 2018, 10:28 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Well I took out my NON Kfm KungFu this morning, at slow speed it did ok....but this ain't a slow speed plane....so I gave it some throttle and it became very unstable. My piloting skills are not too great but I can usually keep a plane in the air without using expo or d/r, so I'm guessing the Kfm strip does make a difference on this.
Gonna rebuild the nose and add a strip accross the wings and try again again and see what it does. If it doesn't help then that just tells me I did something wrong in the build and I'll have to figure out what it was.
Mar 13, 2018, 03:06 PM
Old Prop Buster
Timbo:
I am just starting my build. I believe my plans have a V tail. From your picture it looks like there is only one vertical stabilizer, did the other side get knocked off? If there is only one tail piece to start with that may have contributed to your stability issue.
Gary
Mar 13, 2018, 03:16 PM
💩
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dumb Thumb
Timbo:
I am just starting my build. I believe my plans have a V tail. From your picture it looks like there is only one vertical stabilizer, did the other side get knocked off? If there is only one tail piece to start with that may have contributed to your stability issue.
Gary
I see a V tail in his pic. One of them is lined up perfectly with the camera and is hard to see

Quick Reply