KungFu Depron Combat Wing - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2016, 05:13 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Well I think it's beautiful! Need more input.
There is some information on the KF thread, davereap made a fine sketch.
And I will start a build log when I finished the plan.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2016, 06:01 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Well I think it's beautiful! Need more input.
Everything you need to know to build the Trottel is over on the last couple of pages or so of the KF building/talking thread:

** Kline-Fogleman (KFm) Airfoils - Building/Flying Discussion ** - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...17276&page=560

More videos over there, ThomasB's rough sketches, DaveReap's sketchup drawings, and lots of chatter on it. And it is probably only a matter of time before Thomas has the plans on the download page at the German site.

The Fool is going to be a memorable build I think, one of the most popular ever!

Jack
Aug 12, 2016, 10:34 AM
flyin' fool
Thanks. Not a regular in the KF threads, so missed it.
Aug 12, 2016, 02:18 PM
Did I missed something? see picture.
Put it on mybuildlist anyway.

Paco
Aug 12, 2016, 03:33 PM
scratchbuilder
Yes, but the question is, which one will you build? KungFu or FungFu?
Thanks Paco, nobody noticed it so far. i will tell the Modell-Aviator guys.
Aug 12, 2016, 05:45 PM
Must not buy more planes!
I already have a KungFu, so I'll build me a FungFu next time. You know, to have the complete set.
Aug 24, 2016, 08:20 AM
Built the KungFu.....thank you for the plans!

Question- Does this wing design have a tendency to fall off in loops? I have build a ton of foamies of all kinds and am above average in setup (I think ) and I unless I do gentle loops, the plane rolls out of the loop. All other flight caracterictics are great and fun.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Best,
Alan
Aug 24, 2016, 09:32 AM
watch your head
@Alan,
like every other plane especialy flyingwings they need a minimum of speed to fly stable.
Very high elevator-control is often slowing that much, so the plane falls sideways.

To answer your question: Yes, the F(K)ungFu is able to turn that close. If you are unable to controll that, just reduce controlls until the limit in your TX.
Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by van3st
@Alan,
like every other plane especialy flyingwings they need a minimum of speed to fly stable.
Very high elevator-control is often slowing that much, so the plane falls sideways.

To answer your question: Yes, the F(K)ungFu is able to turn that close. If you are unable to controll that, just reduce controlls until the limit in your TX.
Understood but does the swept wing contribute to this because this plane falls of in loop a lot. I have built and flown a lot of foamies and have done everything I can to eliminate this. I want a tight looping plane for combat and have not been able to get the KungFu to to this.

Want to learn
Aug 24, 2016, 12:03 PM
watch your head
IŽd like to help, but as allways :

Pictures, setup, weight?

need more infomation to find the problem
Aug 24, 2016, 12:10 PM
Out Standing In The Field
^An elevon that's flexing will do that.
Aug 24, 2016, 12:42 PM
flyin' fool
Check for tail heaviness and/or the lateral balance.
Aug 25, 2016, 02:53 PM
scratchbuilder
Check elevon throws when pulling elevator if they are equal; and as goldguy writes, cg and lateral balance.

KungFu is super stable in tight loops if the setup is ok. See 2.04 in the video:
Aircombat - Monster (2 min 39 sec)
Aug 28, 2016, 04:03 AM
Must not buy more planes!
onboard fly away (4 min 10 sec)
Aug 28, 2016, 04:42 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
DUDE!!! what an excellent video!! Loved it!! makes me want to FPV this little sucker.....
So...I will..
After watching this great review by Andrew I ordered the MC01. I have a parcel at the post office that I think may be it! fingers crossed! It will fit nicely on the KunFu
Here's the review -
Eachine EF-01 & MC01 FPV cams (7 min 15 sec)

Quick Reply