Sep 05, 2018, 12:39 PM
Restricted User
Next weekend a few of us meet at InterEx 2018 for some serious fun aircombat with our KungFus and other models from ThomasB. Thomas will not make it there due to poor planning (sorry Thomas, we know its not your fault )
It' a little miracle to me, that my own KungFu is still flying strong in his third season after a lot of fights and bad treatment.
Stephan
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2018, 03:36 AM
Hi, First test flight on the Kung-fu and i must say for a simple design and build it flew perfect with out any trim what so ever. One question if i may is although a perfect flight when i tried inverted flight it dived quite a bit, is this normal with this kinda model or do i adjust the CG a little. Overall very pleased with the Kung-fu. Now its time to build the Trottel from Thomas,s design.
Sep 12, 2018, 12:42 PM
flyin' fool
Adjust the CG. I usually end up needing just a 'reminder of being inverted' with a bit of down when upside down. I like it that way. I keep playing around with the CG until there is the least amount of reflex or in some cases none at all.

I've got three EPP Trottels on the work bench right now, that's how much I love them. Two 24's, one with floats and one 22 just because. All with the KFM2 airfoil.

I've flown the 4 in a few designs and the only difference I noticed was in the weight, not in the performance. The ones we've built here with the four needed some fiddling with the wing incidence as well.
Sep 12, 2018, 02:35 PM
Had a few more successful flights this afternoon and found out that it performs in a moderate breeze as well. Another advantage with these free download plans is that you get to learn german as well.

Quick Reply