Jul 28, 2016, 05:02 AM
Jack
Thanks for the details Thomas, you might consider adding those details to the *.pdf file as suggestions for the hardware. I can see Kung Fu based electric combat being a featured event at the Olympics some day and typical power specification will be needed for that.

I' ve messed around with scaling and tiling plans for foamies a little bit and I found that a nice thing to have is to put a short ruler or scale somewhere on the plan so that it can be compared to the printed sheets to see if the aircraft's size will be right. All that is needed is a line of a known length, a few inches or 75-100mm or so and that is easily incorporated into the Title block on the drawings.

And you have really done a nice job on the plans, they are very nice!

You can see an example of the scale on page four of this tiled plan for the BB 33 that was scaled down to make a BB 24:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1846489

Jack
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2016, 06:40 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
These are good hints, Jack, I will do so on my next plans.
Here are some motivational pics:
Last edited by Thomas B.; Jul 28, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
Jul 28, 2016, 07:06 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Any head to head mishaps yet?

Ken
Jul 28, 2016, 10:32 AM
Slopeosapien
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
OK Mike, I'm going to start mine tomorrow in EPP.
Why not finish Eddie, first? Sounds like just about everyone else is finishing theirs up... I'm looking forward to a group pic, and especially the "swarm" of biplanes! It's going to look just like the old days of Simple Delta streamer combat

However , I do have some 8½x14 paper, (thanks for that idea, jack!) so I'm going to get printing as soon as I'm done my coffee....
Jul 28, 2016, 03:00 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Any head to head mishaps yet?

Ken
Yes, see 1.48 in the video in post 8.
Looked bad at first, but was easily repaired.
Jul 29, 2016, 08:48 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Yes, see 1.48 in the video in post 8.
Looked bad at first, but was easily repaired.
Great video. That was a pretty big ouwey!

Ken
Aug 03, 2016, 07:32 PM
Must not buy more planes!
I built mine a while back. Because I misread the plans (or am st00pid), mine lacks the bottom vertical stabilizer. It's also missing the "cockpit," but it still flies great. No combat, yet, as I rarely have anyone to fly with.

You'll note a red hood scoop sticking out of the starboard side, behind the firewall. My battery and ESC were getting pretty toasty all sealed up inside, so I added the scoop (and a big exit hole under the tail) to ram fresh air over everything.

28" wingspan, 250 gram AUW

Setup:
24 gram 1700 kV KEDA outrunner
12 Amp Turnigy Plush ESC
GWS EP 8040 propeller
(2x) 10 gram servos
Aug 04, 2016, 09:59 AM
Thomas B. Is it possible to get a non-tiled version of the plans or get them in dxf? I would like to use my needle cnc to cut out the parts. Thank You!
Aug 04, 2016, 01:21 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
I just printed my plans on a plotter at 100%. I use the AO setting.
Aug 06, 2016, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael763
Thomas B. Is it possible to get a non-tiled version of the plans or get them in dxf? I would like to use my needle cnc to cut out the parts. Thank You!
Michael

Here is my attempt at converting the plans to CAD. I have not cut this plane out from my drawing yet so use at your own risk. All the components are on their own layer so you can just turn on an off the layers as you wish. The zip file contains dxf, dwg, skp files. I have also attached a 3D pdf file that can be zoomed, panned and rotated. If you receive a splash screen instead of the model when you open the pdf file just left mouse click on the splash screen and the model should load.

Sam
Last edited by Sam Harbold; Aug 06, 2016 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Updated CAD Files
Aug 11, 2016, 07:04 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP

Vertical Take off

Thank you Sam!
Stephan startet senkrecht (1 min 19 sec)
Aug 11, 2016, 10:02 AM
flyin' fool
What's the other model?
Aug 11, 2016, 01:29 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
It`s my new plan project, the Trottel (fool). It `s a very basic and quite ugly model for aerobatics and dynamic 3D flying. 60cm, 200g and KFm 4 wing.
3D Trottel (2 min 32 sec)
Aug 12, 2016, 04:15 AM
flyin' fool
Well I think it's beautiful! Need more input.

Quick Reply