Aug 29, 2016, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Hey Mike
I have touched on this before. The requests have been submitted to the management etc, but even if they decided to do it today it would still have to go through the normal development cycle, testing and certification.

Aside from that we have other products going through development cycles right now so I don't know how it would fit in time wise. I would say it's a safe bet that something is already in the works in regards to this however, right now I am unable to give any details.

As I get more information I will keep you all updated.
thanks for the quick reply...
i wanted to buy another i6s for my lil boy for a diy big whoop im planning for his birthday, the i6 is just too big for his hands.
i think im just gonna go with a wltoys toy tx
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-F949-...-p-972379.html
or just whack a cheap hubsan 107c board in there and use one of the bazillion hubsan tx's lol .

Is there any hope of open sourcing the binaries for the firmware?
thanks again for the reply
mike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2016, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhalen
thanks for the quick reply...
i wanted to buy another i6s for my lil boy for a diy big whoop im planning for his birthday, the i6 is just too big for his hands.
i think im just gonna go with a wltoys toy tx
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-F949-...-p-972379.html
or just whack a cheap hubsan 107c board in there and use one of the bazillion hubsan tx's lol .

Is there any hope of open sourcing the binaries for the firmware?
thanks again for the reply
mike
The FS-i6S and i6 are the smallest we have right now. The odd thing is some of those toy ones are thicker than the i6/i6S. At the end of the day if its difficult to control due to size it wont be fun so your right to be cautious.

Opensource support from us is in the works but I have no idea when, I have heard this year but its not a promise by any means other than it is being worked on. However there are some people already modding our firmware online.
For example:
http://www.stefanocottafavi.com/flys...smitter-hacks/
Sep 12, 2016, 11:16 PM
Is there a way to mount an FPV monitor? I just bought one and need a way to mount my Black Pearl on it. Not sure if the tablet/phone mount will work. The monitor uses the bottom screw mounts usually
Sep 13, 2016, 01:01 AM
Thread OP
The phone mount might work, otherwise you should be able to find a mount that will fit.
Sep 13, 2016, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielmerlion
Is there a way to mount an FPV monitor? I just bought one and need a way to mount my Black Pearl on it. Not sure if the tablet/phone mount will work. The monitor uses the bottom screw mounts usually
Painless360 on YouTube has said that a 7" FPV monitor works with the tablet mount. He points out that there are different versions of the mount, my impression was the white one might be best for that. (Check out his videos here and here, and also the comments.)

If anyone else here has experience with using an FPV monitor with the FS-i6s I'd also be interested in hearing opinions.
Sep 14, 2016, 11:22 AM
Thanks! He did say that he didnt think the one that comes with the black one would work. Ill see what happens when I get it if not ill have to make something.
Sep 17, 2016, 05:46 PM
Does this tx have adjustable rx voltage, I can't find it.
Oct 09, 2016, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
Does this tx have adjustable rx voltage, I can't find it.
DISCLAIMER: This is with the most recent firmware. I think it is still there in the original, but there was less adjustment range.

It is not in the menus. On the middle main boot up page. Upper right corner where the TX and RX voltages are displayed. Touch. Settings come up.

There are youtube videos and threads out there on how to modify the receiver to see pack voltage in a situation where you are using a BEC, regulator, or booster. Ie the voltage going into the receive is not the voltage you want to monitor.

I bring this up since if you looking to adjust the RX voltage, your likely looking to monitor something like pack voltage. The RX doesn't work below 4v (I think), and you want to keep it at or below 6.5v.

On my setup, I am using a 1s pack with a booster set for 6.5v. So I actually wanted to monitor the pack voltage, not the voltage seen by the RX.
Oct 09, 2016, 06:12 PM

What type of plastic???

EDIT: I put up a thread for this question here instead. Since it seems there are two of these identical named threads...
Last edited by BiggsDarkLighter; Oct 09, 2016 at 06:23 PM.
Oct 21, 2016, 12:32 PM
@FlySkyRc can you tell me what is the latest firmware version? number and date.. tnx
Oct 23, 2016, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipovski
@FlySkyRc can you tell me what is the latest firmware version? number and date.. tnx
No problem, the latest version is 2.0.0.49.

You can find it here if you need to download it http://www.flysky-cn.com/download.html
Nov 12, 2016, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

Quite new to RC in general. I've bought the i6S and paired it with Turnigy Ia6c rx and works fine. Just wondering if it's worthwhile adding external antennas to the transmitter. I have spare pigtails and 2.4ghz wifi antennas 5dbi, would this improve the range and impact to battery life? I'm not looking at setting records but going further than 300 metres.
Dec 08, 2016, 12:20 PM
@FlySkyRC is there any plans to add more mix options? With the latest firmware installed on my new Fs-i6S I found only one mix option. But to fly delta wing we need atleast two mixes.
Dec 09, 2016, 12:11 AM
Is there News when the upgraded model memory is coming?
Dec 09, 2016, 05:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla99
@FlySkyRC is there any plans to add more mix options? With the latest firmware installed on my new Fs-i6S I found only one mix option. But to fly delta wing we need atleast two mixes.
I will pass that on to our dev team as part of our wishlist, please add your request here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8477-Wish-List

Quick Reply