Mar 13, 2019, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgburrill
I hope you've learned that you should always make sure something works out of the box before you dick with it.
Not helpful, and quite rude.

All I'm looking for at this point is someone with an FS-i6s ver 3 to download the DFU and send it to me so I can upload it to mine.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 02:01 PM
Can't you get that from the fkysky site?
Mar 18, 2019, 05:51 PM
He's always rude, just skip his comments.
Mar 19, 2019, 03:41 PM
Some of us prefer the truth. Others just think honesty is rude. I'm sorry if you do. I think its rude when you ask for help and no one answers. At least I answered you even if you didn't like the answer.
At this point you dont know if your problem was caused by the upgrade or was there originaly. And as I recall you cannot go back once you've upgraded the firmware. So now you are likely stuck. That was my point. Always know what you are starting with. You think that is rude?
Last edited by rgburrill; Mar 19, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
Mar 29, 2019, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgburrill
Some of us prefer the truth. Others just think honesty is rude. I'm sorry if you do. I think its rude when you ask for help and no one answers. At least I answered you even if you didn't like the answer.
At this point you dont know if your problem was caused by the upgrade or was there originaly. And as I recall you cannot go back once you've upgraded the firmware. So now you are likely stuck. That was my point. Always know what you are starting with. You think that is rude?
No, it's a default procedure with me to update firmware/software on anything I buy
Mar 29, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backu
No, it's a default procedure with me to update firmware/software on anything I buy
It's a default procedure with me too. But first I make sure what I receive is working so if it isn't I can send it back.
Apr 25, 2019, 09:13 PM
Is there a way to pass telemetry data (e.g. RSSI) from the FS-I6s to a ground station?
Aug 29, 2019, 07:15 AM

Question: Throttle hold switch & touchscreen lock?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a FS-I6S TX and usually I use it to control fixed wing aircrafts. However, I miss a throttle hold function, as I can activate the throttle at all time. Comparing the menus with the FS-i6, I miss the "flight mode" option where I set the throttle curve to 0%, independently from the Ch3 stick position , and by flipping a switch the throttle curve comes back to normal. Is there a similar functionality in the FS-i6S?

In addition, sometimes the touch screen is also accidentally swiped during the flight, is there also a way to lock the touch screen?

Thanks!
Sep 05, 2019, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberSkies
Is there a way to pass telemetry data (e.g. RSSI) from the FS-I6s to a ground station?
AFAIK, there is no "simple" way to do this. So far, the FS-i6s protocol really hasn't ben hacked and opened up. The way it might be done, would be to put a multi protocol module inside of it. But lets be blunt, this is a $50 unit and if this is your end goal, start with a $100 Taranis QX7 that already supports OpenTX and mods like this out of the box.

Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my little FS-i6s! But it is what it is, an ultra SIMPLE TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMelo
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a FS-I6S TX and usually I use it to control fixed wing aircrafts. However, I miss a throttle hold function, as I can activate the throttle at all time. Comparing the menus with the FS-i6, I miss the "flight mode" option where I set the throttle curve to 0%, independently from the Ch3 stick position , and by flipping a switch the throttle curve comes back to normal. Is there a similar functionality in the FS-i6S?
That should be doable by just making a custom throttle curve or something and activating it off a logical switch. Go into the mix menu, I think that is where you want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMelo
In addition, sometimes the touch screen is also accidentally swiped during the flight, is there also a way to lock the touch screen?

Thanks!
Go to Menu/System/Bri.-Sound and turn the sound all the way up. Any touchscreen input beeps, so you will know if you have bumped it. There is no touchscreen lock. If one felt tricky, one could possibly add in a physical switch to disable the touchscreen. This would not be an easy feat though unless you are a good hardware hacker.

I use mine for nice and calm sailing, and I still manage to bump the screen regularly. But I don't crash a sailboat into the ground if I look down for a moment.
Sep 11, 2019, 01:57 PM
A couple additions to my above answers. As I stared at a couple challenges of my own, I realized these might be much easier than I thought.

SamMelo, on the main screen to the lower right is a "flight mode off" area. If you select this it gives you options that I think are exactly what you are looking for. Since I play with sailboats, I didn't mess with this further.

AmberSkies, depending on the RX and FC you are using, this might be pretty easy. On the FS-iA6B receiver included in the standard package it has iBus output. Not sure if that is useful, but if you open up the case, there is also a pad you can solder to for the RSSI. You would need to send this data into your FC/OSD to get it into your video stream and down to your ground station.
Sep 13, 2019, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsDarkLighter
A couple additions to my above answers. As I stared at a couple challenges of my own, I realized these might be much easier than I thought.

SamMelo, on the main screen to the lower right is a "flight mode off" area. If you select this it gives you options that I think are exactly what you are looking for. Since I play with sailboats, I didn't mess with this further.

AmberSkies, depending on the RX and FC you are using, this might be pretty easy. On the FS-iA6B receiver included in the standard package it has iBus output. Not sure if that is useful, but if you open up the case, there is also a pad you can solder to for the RSSI. You would need to send this data into your FC/OSD to get it into your video stream and down to your ground station.
Hi, first of all thank you for the reply.
Regarding of the throttle lock, I was able to do it by "playing around" with the MIX menu.
Basically, I defined my the throttle channel as a SLAVE and a switch channel as MASTER. Offset configured as -100% and Negative and Positive as -100%.
With that, whenever I switch on my SWD, the throttle gets locked!

So, thank you for the MIX menu hint!!
Last edited by SamMelo; Sep 18, 2019 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply