Jul 26, 2016, 03:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

FS-i6S Discussion

Discuss the FS-i6S here!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 11:03 AM
Alright I found this! Okay I have been asking this question and so far no answers.

First off, I went with this radio due to its super clean look. It really stands out from all the other offerings out there! I am not using it for its intended target quadcopter market though, but for a sailboat.

As such, I need access to the sub trims while sailing for my rudder. Is there a way to assign the sub trims to either the sliders on top, or better yet the buttons on the back?

Or an idea to set up a mix to accomplish this?

If none of the above, is it something that could easily be added in for the next firmware release?

I do not really want to resort to hardware hacking this, but that may be the next thing to do...

EDIT: Okay not easy to find or understand, but the feature I need is in the NEW firmware. I had multiple failed attempts at updating. The stuff posted up by Bangood didn't work. But Aaron's link did it.

Under Function menu, go to Trims (next item below Subtrim). Set to ON. During operation you have to swipe the main screen right. I guess one could leave it here. Then to adjust right stick, push left button on back and push stick in direction you want adjusted. It beeps. The centered beep is different.

Once you understand, it is easy to do in operation. But not sure I would want to do it while flying a race quad... Fortunately, I am using this for a sailboat!

I have a small problem though. The radio I was shipped did not come with the throttle ratched mod. How can I buy one of these, ideally without buying the whole gimbal?

Overall, I LOVE the way this radio feels! It has just enough features with newest firmware updates, and menus are pretty easy to navigate too.
Last edited by BiggsDarkLighter; Jul 27, 2016 at 01:41 PM.
Jul 28, 2016, 01:13 AM
Thread OP
Hey, I will look into it for you and get back to you tomorrow with some answers! For the gimbal problem contact Alina <[email protected]>. She is in our sales department and can get you answers about these things much quicker than I can!
Aug 04, 2016, 11:04 AM
Anyone else having trouble updating? The updater software does not detect my FS-i6s.

When I connect the USB cable, I can use the transmitter as a game controller just fine. Works with FPV freerider, etc. But when I enter Firmware Update Mode, it just never appears in the updater software. I've tried with the 2.0.0.49 updater from Banggood and the 1.0.11.45 updater from Aaron in another thread.

My process: Connect USB to computer and i6s, power on i6s, open updater software, enter Firmware Update Mode on i6s. Nothing!

In Firmware Update Mode, the i6s shows up in Device Manager as "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and nothing works.

Any thoughts?
Aug 04, 2016, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglflargl
Anyone else having trouble updating? The updater software does not detect my FS-i6s.

When I connect the USB cable, I can use the transmitter as a game controller just fine. Works with FPV freerider, etc. But when I enter Firmware Update Mode, it just never appears in the updater software. I've tried with the 2.0.0.49 updater from Banggood and the 1.0.11.45 updater from Aaron in another thread.

My process: Connect USB to computer and i6s, power on i6s, open updater software, enter Firmware Update Mode on i6s. Nothing!

In Firmware Update Mode, the i6s shows up in Device Manager as "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and nothing works.

Any thoughts?
Are you sure that you have the correct cable? I had no problem updating my Flysky i6.

You cannot use the same type of cable that you use for flightsims. You need a serial to USB cable. Firmware update cable

The cable I use for simulator is a HID device and works like a gamepad.
Aug 05, 2016, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ndancer
Are you sure that you have the correct cable? I had no problem updating my Flysky i6.

You cannot use the same type of cable that you use for flightsims. You need a serial to USB cable. Firmware update cable

The cable I use for simulator is a HID device and works like a gamepad.
The Flysky instructions state that a micro usb cable works fine, and there's a bunch of videos of it working perfectly over micro USB. This is the FS-i6S which has a micro usb port.
Aug 05, 2016, 01:22 AM
Thread OP
Hey arglflargl, please try a different USB cable and a different USB port on the computer. If this doesn't work we can look into other solutions.
Aug 07, 2016, 11:29 AM
moon dancer, the newer FS-IS6 here definitely just uses a simple micro USB cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglflargl
Anyone else having trouble updating? The updater software does not detect my FS-i6s. ...
Any thoughts?
Read and follow exactly the undate info in Aaron's link. And there might be another more recent link in that updating thread to. I "think" there is...

If it is working on your simulator, but not showing up in the updater, it is (most likely) the wrong updater your using.
I fiddled with mine for over an hour, EXACT same problem. Soon as I grabbed the most recent updater, the controller showed up there. And the update went smoothly.

It really was a pain though. You had to disconnect things, power up in specific order, go to menu at right time.... So follow the written directions to the T or it won't see it. I had to pull batteries out multiple times too to reset it. Once the controller goes into the update mode from the menu, it doesn't leave it until power is removed, or it updates.
Aug 07, 2016, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
If lots of people are having this issue we will have to look into ways of making it more clear.
Aug 10, 2016, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsDarkLighter
moon dancer, the newer FS-IS6 here definitely just uses a simple micro USB cable.

Read and follow exactly the undate info in Aaron's link. And there might be another more recent link in that updating thread to. I "think" there is...

If it is working on your simulator, but not showing up in the updater, it is (most likely) the wrong updater your using.
I fiddled with mine for over an hour, EXACT same problem. Soon as I grabbed the most recent updater, the controller showed up there. And the update went smoothly.

It really was a pain though. You had to disconnect things, power up in specific order, go to menu at right time.... So follow the written directions to the T or it won't see it. I had to pull batteries out multiple times too to reset it. Once the controller goes into the update mode from the menu, it doesn't leave it until power is removed, or it updates.
Still nothing. I followed the instructions from Aaron and still nothing. I tried the fw link from Aaron, the link from Banggood, and one I found from the Flysky site. Multiple USB cables, multiple ports, nothing.

Quote:
Upgrade Process:
⦁ Connected the transmitter to the computer via USB cable.
⦁ Enter the Setup menu in the transmitter and navigate the Firmware Update section.
⦁ Open the firmware upgrade tool in your PC.
⦁ In the Firmware Update Section of the transmitter press Continue and the transmitter will enter the update mode.
⦁ Once the transmitter enters the update mode, you will see it listed in the software. Press Update in the software and the update process will begin. It should take a few seconds for the update to take place and then the transmitter will reboot.
⦁ Close the software and unplug the transmitter.
⦁ In the Setup section of the transmitter navigate to the About FS-i6S section to confirm the correct firmware.
Aug 11, 2016, 01:19 AM
Thread OP
Ok, send me an email at [email protected] and we will see if we can find a solution.
Aug 13, 2016, 08:28 PM
Hi Flysky,

I'm wondering if this voltage sensor: http://m.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-CVT0...-p-976303.html

will work with the Flysky iA6 rx?
Aug 13, 2016, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
Hi Flysky,

I'm wondering if this voltage sensor: http://m.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-CVT0...-p-976303.html

will work with the Flysky iA6 rx?
It was made for that RX.
Aug 13, 2016, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr981s
It was made for that RX.
But on the product page it states the it'll work with the ia6B rx, and doesn't say anything about the ia6.
Aug 14, 2016, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneRequired
But on the product page it states the it'll work with the ia6B rx, and doesn't say anything about the ia6.
There are 2 types of Telemetry sensors. The only difference between them is the connector.

The FS-Axx A series is for the iA10 RX.
The FS-Cxx C series is for the iA10B, and iA6B RXs.

Cheers

p.s. Banggood descriptions are wrong.
Last edited by bjr981s; Aug 19, 2016 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply