Jul 26, 2016, 02:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade Inductrix/tiny whoop or nano qx w/diy fpv??

OK so I had a fling with fixed wing and I BLOW at flying airplanes so I'm going back to multi rotors.(after selling off my beloved zmr250 :-| ) dumb move. I've got a box of brand new motors escs and servos and other stuff that I'm gonna return to hobby king if i can get it back within the 30 days(got only a few days to a week left on that) so I'll HOPFULLY have about $80 to spend. I love the idea of starting a tiny whoop project but I also love the nano qx being that my bayang toys x9 was my favorite quad until the board fried from putting the mmw fast motors on it. So I've got the awesome motors for either the nano qx or the tiny whoop but which will be faster and more capable of handling the little Hyperion 600TVL FPV cam/vtx setup or something similar(cheaper if there is cheaper fpv backpacks). I want the most fun and speedy fpv I can get. I know I won't get the can/vtx and rtf quad with only 80 but which would be best to start with?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2016, 01:24 AM
3rd option .

eachine H8. At less than $20 from bangood.

I have the H8 & the whoop with MMW fast motors...
the H8 is 100% bog standard

for fpv
H8 has considerably more power than my whoop. faster , much better punchout
whoop is more stable though , unless it starts to drop after hitting something (roof beams etc)

For the sake of less than $20, get the H8 as a 2nd fpv machine.
The whoop is good, but there are issues . The frame is really fragile , with a fpv mini cam its way underpowered with std motors.
Whoop with std motors has no punch out so cant recover if it starts to drop from a height, and it will.
Whoop fpv will just drop when it hits low batt, not enough warning to get down safely. Last night, I forgot to set the timer , low batt hit & it plummeted to the ground from the rafters (quite high) ..so my whoop is busted, lucky I have the H8

For mini fpv Ive tried X4, X11, JJRC1000, nano qx . The whoop & H8 are by far the best of the lot. (for me)

I should add that I dont use the awefull toy radios these things come with, thats something to consider as well.
Jul 27, 2016, 02:23 AM
Thread OP
I've got an h8 mini, jjrc h8 mini actually that I'm pulling the board out of right this very second to mount on my bayangtoys x9 frame WITH the MMW fast motors. Then once I get the stlink USB data link thingy I'm flashing the h8 minis firmware to the level/acro firmware. So save the money on an inductrix and but the fpv setup? Lol. I had also planned on buying the rakon frame for the inductrix.
Jul 27, 2016, 03:47 AM
Dont get me wrong, a upgraded fpv inductrix flies great. Just not enough power.
And fragile. And costs $$ .

The inductrix flies fpv soo easy, untill you need the power it doesnt have.
The H8 is 100% usuable for fpv, as is , for $15. Not as good, but the power to punch out makes up for that.
H8 with the firmware mod may be even better ?

The inductrix is costing me real money now, upgrade batts, upgrade motors, new frame, upgrade frame stiffener.
Not a cheap option, just keep adding $$ .

If you have all the parts, just do it. Save some $ .

Eachine H8 Mini FPV Mod - Tiny Whoop Killer? (14 min 17 sec)
Jul 27, 2016, 04:38 PM
I've a whooped H101 - like the H8 is great fun and CHEAP!

Also have a Tiny Whoop. Yes it's under powered. But it's so stable and the enclosed ducts and small size mean it's just so safe to fly in close proximity indoors. I won't fly anything else near people - but Tiny is just so safe. Worst I've seen is some pictures of people with some hair caught in it...

So - you need both.... Sorry. This hobby is addictive!
Last edited by taylormadearmy; Jul 28, 2016 at 02:04 AM.
Jul 27, 2016, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Lol. I kinda planned on doing both. Get the micro fpv cam and make it removable to swap between quads. So the inductrix is underpowered even with the mmw fast or insane speed motors? Or bone stock its slow?
Jul 28, 2016, 02:04 AM
It's "OK" with regular motors. It will get up some speed too - but as 1101 says it does not have enough power to recover. It's definitely better with fast motors. Not perfect - but you get used to it anyway. And - it really is the most fun around the house.

All my Whoops have removable cameras - don't attempt to use the Y cable that comes with some of the cameras though (voltage drop across them leads to short flights). I just solder short cables with female connectors direct to the DC boards (purchased on eBay I think).
Jul 28, 2016, 09:22 AM
Jim
Is the Bayangtoys X9 not as good as the H8 for FPV? I have both, and like the X9 better because of the transmitter. (X9 tx will fly the H8 as well).
Jul 29, 2016, 04:54 AM
Thread OP
Well I can't fly my x9/h8 mini hybrid Cruz apparently lipos don't like sitting for months with no use after being ran to hell and back. Gotta get some new batts. Gah, still no flying here.

Quick Reply