Thread Tools
Dec 14, 2016, 09:08 PM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
New Features:
• New trim control switch.
• New High Frequency library: TXPAOn and TXPower.
• New GPS function.

Changes:
• Optimization Model engine shutdown timer account
saving.
• i-BUS receiver optimization.
• Trainer mode optimization.
• Optimization of timer alarm.
• Updated help to explain the scope of the test content.
• High frequency library updated.
• Updated PPM output adjustment range: 700 ~ 2300
• Receiver firmware upgraded to 1.8.
• Optimized the signal strength display.
• Updated the high frequency band range: 2.408-
2.475GHz.
• The i-BUS receiver now supports GPS.
• Change the model import and export feature to be
compatible with the (10/2015) version.
• Updated FS-i10 User Manual (07/2016)

This is the change log, I did not translate it but I will have a look later and try to decipher anything that doesn't make sense.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2016, 03:34 AM
Registered User
Hardy1966's Avatar
Thanks a lot for the change log.
That sonds good, but still missing some features. Step by step i10 firmware quality will increase and become more and more practicable for experienced rc-pilots.
I'm always looking for GPS modul. Is it available, yet? Is there a release date?
Dec 15, 2016, 03:50 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardy1966
Thanks a lot for the change log.
That sonds good, but still missing some features. Step by step i10 firmware quality will increase and become more and more practicable for experienced rc-pilots.
I'm always looking for GPS modul. Is it available, yet? Is there a release date?

We add features across a lot of products at the same time when we can, so the i10 is not the only one getting that feature. Think of it this way, you guys request a feature, if it gets approved we try to see how many of our products could also use this feature and then implement it across the board, then it goes into testing etc.
Right now we don't have a release date for our GPS module, it is currently still going through testing and getting some revisions etc. When I get more news about this I will start a thread for it.
Jan 20, 2017, 06:06 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
We add features across a lot of products at the same time when we can, so the i10 is not the only one getting that feature. Think of it this way, you guys request a feature, if it gets approved we try to see how many of our products could also use this feature and then implement it across the board, then it goes into testing etc.
What's really annoying to me or our r/c club is, that you provide a high functioinal remote for flying, but you (FlySky-RC) don't implement a function for multirotor models. Sorry but quadcopters are very popular since years now. Maybe you shoul also have heard from them.
Even Turnigy did implement the multi rotor function and model in their similar remote.
I don't get it. Can't be so complicated to implement this thing especially if it is already done.

But you don't have to, as there are other manufacturers already have done it ... in Germany most people in the r/c clubs switch to Radiolink or FrSky Type remote (Taranis or moded X9R / Pro) due to this issue as they are able to provide updated mods for mutlirotor for their remotes.
Normally I like the FS-i10 more, but witout the more popular multirotor support there I will give no recommendations anymore and already recommented people to buy other remotes. I think already up to 20 people started now in r/c flight with an Radiolink or an Taranis model istead of a mid prize FlySky. Once you start with another system, you won't likely switch back to another system anymore.
Even more we plan to have an upcoming review on youtube on remotes especially for beginners and the eco-system of there electronic family. It seems that FlySky I10 will not get any recommendation, as there will be more a special warning not to buy the i10 due to the firmware policie at FlySky.
Just wanted to state these, as I'm really disapointed about these facts.
Kind regards
Feb 10, 2017, 09:31 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
Changes:
• Updated PPM output adjustment range: 700 ~ 2300
What is the current PPM output range? And center point for the range that equals 100%?

Is the PPM output range and centerpoint for the T6 also available?
Feb 16, 2017, 05:13 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayIOA
What's really annoying to me or our r/c club is, that you provide a high functioinal remote for flying, but you (FlySky-RC) don't implement a function for multirotor models. Sorry but quadcopters are very popular since years now. Maybe you shoul also have heard from them.
Even Turnigy did implement the multi rotor function and model in their similar remote.
I don't get it. Can't be so complicated to implement this thing especially if it is already done.

But you don't have to, as there are other manufacturers already have done it ... in Germany most people in the r/c clubs switch to Radiolink or FrSky Type remote (Taranis or moded X9R / Pro) due to this issue as they are able to provide updated mods for mutlirotor for their remotes.
Normally I like the FS-i10 more, but witout the more popular multirotor support there I will give no recommendations anymore and already recommented people to buy other remotes. I think already up to 20 people started now in r/c flight with an Radiolink or an Taranis model istead of a mid prize FlySky. Once you start with another system, you won't likely switch back to another system anymore.
Even more we plan to have an upcoming review on youtube on remotes especially for beginners and the eco-system of there electronic family. It seems that FlySky I10 will not get any recommendation, as there will be more a special warning not to buy the i10 due to the firmware policie at FlySky.
Just wanted to state these, as I'm really disapointed about these facts.
Kind regards

I understand, lets say that there may be a more "Open" solution for this TX in the near future (a few months). That's all I can say about it for now though.
Feb 16, 2017, 05:18 AM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
What is the current PPM output range? And center point for the range that equals 100%?

Is the PPM output range and centerpoint for the T6 also available?
I need to check, my translation of that might not be perfect as well looking it....
Feb 16, 2017, 08:00 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
I need to check, my translation of that might not be perfect as well looking it....
Thanks, hope you find info. Open option sounds great, especially if it works with i6, too.
Feb 26, 2017, 08:56 AM
Registered User

Any news regarding this "Open" solution?


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
I understand, lets say that there may be a more "Open" solution for this TX in the near future (a few months). That's all I can say about it for now though.
Hi,

I have been waiting for an FW update which include support for multirotor models, and regarding to this post back in Feb. 2016 it wasen't going to be more then just a few months away.. Recently i updated my Flysky FS-i10 to version 1.1.0.3 from your website, but was once again disapointed when I couldn't find any functions for multirotor models.

What is even more annoying is the fact that the rebranded version of the same product by Turnigy, the TGY-i10 have had this functionalities via the custom FW (HobbyKing Freerider update) for a while now!

Is the any chance that we (all FS-i10 owners) will get this type of functions/models with a FW update by you any soon or should we just go buy one from Turnigy insted? (Ofcourse after leaving plenty of feedback all around the net for Flysky)!

/K
Feb 26, 2017, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Ok what are the benefits of having the multi rotor set up I'm already flying multirotors with my FS-i10 what am I missing ?
Feb 26, 2017, 10:07 PM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile
Ok what are the benefits of having the multi rotor set up I'm already flying multirotors with my FS-i10 what am I missing ?
The major difference is it makes setup for 3 position switches for some flight controllers easier.
Feb 26, 2017, 10:11 PM
FlySkyRC's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoodeh
Hi,

I have been waiting for an FW update which include support for multirotor models, and regarding to this post back in Feb. 2016 it wasen't going to be more then just a few months away.. Recently i updated my Flysky FS-i10 to version 1.1.0.3 from your website, but was once again disapointed when I couldn't find any functions for multirotor models.

What is even more annoying is the fact that the rebranded version of the same product by Turnigy, the TGY-i10 have had this functionalities via the custom FW (HobbyKing Freerider update) for a while now!

Is the any chance that we (all FS-i10 owners) will get this type of functions/models with a FW update by you any soon or should we just go buy one from Turnigy insted? (Ofcourse after leaving plenty of feedback all around the net for Flysky)!

/K
By around the net I hope you mean here... otherwise I most likely wont see it... Anyway there are plans in the near future for some changes on this front and the FS-i10 will be the first of our products to go through the process. Unfortunately I can't give you any more information right now but if everything goes to plan I think everyone will be very happy with the result.
Mar 31, 2017, 06:51 AM
Registered User
Ok I came accross an issue while trying to buddy cord we've got a new field so newbies are coming out in droves as president I thought it would be best to have a plane set up with the buddy cord so I took one of my old reliable planes and just to make sure exported the plane just in case I had changed the trims recently then took the SD card and imported the plane in same location on my other transmitter just to be clear both have been updated to the latest software and yes both are US version - so I connected the buddy cord and on my transmitter the plane was trimmed I initialized the training option and when I pulled the switch my ailerons were reversed so I checked the reverse tab in the trainee transmitter and then now the direction of the throw was correct but when I pulled the switch again the aileron and rudder would move to a different location not much 1/8 of an inch but enough to affect the planes behavior in the air so I trimmed the trainee transmitter so that when I pulled the switch no more movement on the on the control surfaces we flew a 7 minute flight without a hitch but wanted to share this so when buddy cording your set up must be checked or your trainee will have a cow lol trying to fly but most importantly a crash could result in an unchecked set up hopefully this will be fixed by FlySky but in the mean time check recheck and test before flying on a buddy cord set up. now my assumption is that the trims were off because each transmitter had different centers from the dashpots probably due to lesser quality in inexpensive transmitters and this leads me to my next question will better quality dashpots be available in the future for me to upgrade my transmitter or will I have to purchase the FlySky version of the Horus when it is decided to be released one day I've seen pictures of it I know it exist and wouldn't mind paying a little more for better quality.......

this has been a public safety announcement test your setups guys don't assume anything
And don't get me wrong I'm not bashing this transmitter it's a work in progress as long as FlySky continues to give us updates and fixes it's my go to transmitter of choice my connection is solid in the air and I wouldn't trade that for anything .......Jack
Jun 11, 2017, 02:28 PM
Registered User

Throttle trim problem


Jason, I have been flying RC since the 70's. For the last 10 years I have been using a JR x9303 running DSM2. I recently bought a FS-i10 system and have fallen in love with it. I have 2 planes on the i10 so far and plan to upgrade all of them.
I do have 2 problems with the trims that I would like you to comment on:
1. The throttle trim only works around the center travel of the servo, not on the low end where you need it. I have a work around, setting the travel to 120% and the rate to 80% but this arrangement is not perfect.
2. The trim steps are much too fine for the flight surfaces and there is apparently no way to adjust them.
I just upgraded to Version 1.1.0.4-TMM hopeing that these issues would be addressed but find that neither item has been corrected.
Are you aware of these issues?
Is there anything that I am missing in the setup?
Will these issues be addressed in the future?
Thanks so much for any help that you can provide.
Willie
Jun 11, 2017, 03:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie300s2
Jason, I have been flying RC since the 70's. For the last 10 years I have been using a JR x9303 running DSM2. I recently bought a FS-i10 system and have fallen in love with it. I have 2 planes on the i10 so far and plan to upgrade all of them.
I do have 2 problems with the trims that I would like you to comment on:
1. The throttle trim only works around the center travel of the servo, not on the low end where you need it. I have a work around, setting the travel to 120% and the rate to 80% but this arrangement is not perfect.
2. The trim steps are much too fine for the flight surfaces and there is apparently no way to adjust them.
I just upgraded to Version 1.1.0.4-TMM hopeing that these issues would be addressed but find that neither item has been corrected.
Are you aware of these issues?
Is there anything that I am missing in the setup?
Will these issues be addressed in the future?
Thanks so much for any help that you can provide.
Willie

I completely agree about the trims. I HELD my aileron trim forever and it only moved about 25%! the airplane will be in the ground before you get it trimmed out at that rate. I can't believe you can't set the trim rates!!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools