This thread is privately moderated by FPV.Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2016, 09:07 PM
Thread OP
New Product

FPVModel 5.8G Explorer Dual Diversity Receiver

Built around the open source Pro Diversity open source design for a dual diversity setup with a large design footprint with good separation between modules and better heat dissipation, this all in one package is designed to give you great signal reception rather you are flying long range or inside confined indoor tracks and need help dealing with likely multipathing issues.

FPVModel 5.8G Explorer Dual Diversity Receiver features an OLED display (Organic Light Emitting Diodes), automatic channel scanning, spectrum analyzer, and built-in dual diversity receivers. All of the features are controlled via a main jog wheel that enable the user to navigate the menu and sub screens with ease.

Here’s a list of features that can be controlled via themenu system:

SCANNER
Scan the spectrum of all 40 channels forFPV usage.

Jog Wheel Navigation
Three way navigation wheel. Up, down, pushinward.

Search Mode
Search channel based on strength.

Manual Mode
Set the channel manually.

Save Channel
This feature allow the system to start upwith the last used channel being saved into memory.

Pilot Display
This screen displays call sign, signalstrength, and shows current used receiver.

Settings Menu
Set call sign name, calibrate RSSI, selectfrequency order, save channels.

Dual Diversity

FPVMODEL 5.8G Explorer features two built-in receivers and this will give the user an additional level of protection and allows for combining antennas that can be used to suit the given application such as directional and omni-directional, allowing for great signal reception rather you are flying near and around yourself or going for long range and need that directional antenna to get you there. The two modules work together and do not need any special adjustments to be completed by the user, simply put they just work together.

In conclusion this package is designed to give the user an affordable alternative to a clear view of their FPV feed. Small enough to travel with and large enough for good antenna separation this package will give you the sight you need while you’re up in the air, find it at fpvmodel.com and get yours today.

For more information of the product, please check it out at http://www.fpvmodel.com/fpvmodel-dua...dvr_g1167.html.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2016, 09:09 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Has anyone reviewed this yet?

Cannot find any information on it
Sep 30, 2016, 02:02 AM
Thread OP
This is a sample DVR footage of FPVModel Dual Channel 5.8g 40ch Receiver.
FPVModel Dual channel 5.8G 40CH Receiver DVR Footage (0 min 33 sec)
Oct 18, 2016, 07:04 AM
Hi FPVModel,

I've just bought one of these but it comes with no instructions at all. Is there a manual I can download?

Or can you tell me how / if it's possible to playback the DVR. I can't see anyway to access it. Also "Pilot Screen" I've set call sign but I can't see any display of signal strength or anything like that. Is that meant to be osd?
Oct 19, 2016, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Has anyone reviewed this yet?

Cannot find any information on it
My thoughts on it Razors Edge.

FPV Model 5.8g Explorer.

It is based on the open source rx5808-pro-diversity project and is running the latest stable version. Interface is via a jog wheel on the top. Build quality is really good. It is in a tightly machined aluminium case, OLED screen is clear though a little small. Soldering inside was done well as well.

Receiver performance is good. Fitted with omni directional antennas it outperformed my non-diversity receiver by a small margin. Once the supplied patch antenna was put on it went a lot further. I don't have a suit of other receivers to compare it against though.

I can't tell when it switches between receivers. As far as I can tell that side of things is perfect.

The DVR however is a massive face palm. It comes with a DVR AV out plug, and if you plug into that you can see the dvr fuctioning, such things as a red record dot, or chinese characters when you don't have an SDCard in. But there is absolutely no way to control the dvr. So no playback and no settings. The DVR records as soon as it powers on and it has some kind of smarts because powering down the quad and back up will cause it to start a new video. But not being able to play back the recordings is just dumb.

That said the quality of the DVR is ok.

I have pulled it apart and the DVR is a separate board to the receiver, and it has what appears to be pin headers for being controlled. I intend to see if I can reverse engineer it, as it's the difference between a good product and a great one.

Since I bought it and started googling on the dvr board I have learned that there are multiple copies of this floating around. So unfortunately I have no idea who actually makes it. I did contact FPVModel and they have responded saying Skyzone makes them.
Oct 23, 2016, 12:49 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for your informative reviews on it Kye.
Nov 27, 2016, 01:53 PM
I'd like to buy this but I have a question first, I noticed that there are 2 AV out plugs. One on the bottom and one on the side
Does it only output one channel per plug or does it output the diversity channel on one of the plug to my goggles or monitor?
Last edited by Willy510; Nov 27, 2016 at 02:27 PM.
Nov 29, 2016, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy510
I'd like to buy this but I have a question first, I noticed that there are 2 AV out plugs. One on the bottom and one on the side
Does it only output one channel per plug or does it output the diversity channel on one of the plug to my goggles or monitor?
Hi Willy, the two are the same. One of them is a kind of like for backup use.
Feb 16, 2017, 06:59 AM
Has any one figured out how to control the the record function yet? was so excited to get this only to find there was no control of the record button. that is just CRAZY!!! also my AVOuts (not the DVR AVOUT it works) arent sending a clear picture out, it doesnt seem to hold its horizontal frame very well, where as the DVR AVOut does.

Is there No way to control start and stop of record function?
Why doesnt the AVOuts work? i used the RCA cable was i supposed to only use the 3.5mm audio & video plug?
Also Someone please make a PDF User manual and post it here. i really needed this item this weekend too!! very disappointed, probably returning it soon if i cant get it to function properly

thanks in advance

*************UPDATE**********************

never Mind i figured it out. its all about the Yellow and White Wires!
Last edited by TheMightyThor; Feb 20, 2017 at 09:42 PM.
Nov 23, 2017, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, I have this vrx and I have been trying to do some mid range flights with a tramp at 600mw. I have lost video twice now causing me to crash from a good hight. I am wondering if the video outs are different? Is one of them tied to 1 antenna and is the other the diversity? When I lost video, both times, it was as if I suddenly changed channels. It went to straight snow with no warning. I am using the video jack on the bottom not the side.

Quick Reply