Aug 13, 2020, 08:39 AM
HIGHWAY TO THE DANGERZONE
I ran the factory CG marks which is 5.5 gear up we are looking at power issues right now to be a possibility and checking throws again.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2020, 08:02 AM
I'm stiil a couple of weeks away from maiden.
I'm just about at the balance stage
I have both my batteries in front of fuel tank against fire wall and ignition in cowl as per manual . Like i said earlier i will use the 5.5 inch from leading edge with wheels up, seems to be what was recommended right back at the beginning of this thread .
I have a run in DLE 35 RA and a 16 x 10 / 3 blade .
Let us know how you get on
Aug 14, 2020, 08:03 AM
I have the 55 mounted with batteries near the wing tube and im tail heavy.
Still waiting on a spinner adapter to install and may need to move batteries up as well.
Aug 17, 2020, 07:01 AM
I just balanced mine.
So at 140mm( 5 and half inches) wheels up im a little nose heavy .
Will leave it that way . Im so pleased at how light the whole thing seems.
I have a 3000, 3s main battery and a 2200 2s iignition battery both in front of factory fuel tank .

Still waiting on decals and spinner.
Ive been pretty happy with this kit.
The hardware seems fairly good
Just have some fine tuning of retracts but almost there.
Aug 18, 2020, 12:36 AM
I checked my CG it is at 5 and a half from the leading edge with gear up I'm going to re-check my throws.
Aug 18, 2020, 12:38 AM
Sorry for the multiple replies my phone was not showing the updates
Last edited by madtowntwitch; Aug 18, 2020 at 12:44 AM.
Aug 18, 2020, 02:19 AM
You said you almost lost the plane , what was the problem?
Sep 19, 2020, 07:58 PM
Finally bit the bullet and got one of these, the kit is surprisingly nice especially for the price! I had originally intended to put a spare DA50 I've had sitting around on the nose but I'm now looking at an electric setup, has anyone done this? Thinking of the SCORPION SII-5525-195KV on 10 or 12 s, being able to run 10s 5000's would be awesome since I already use them for my pattern planes. Has anyone ran an electric setup? If so what were your thoughts?
Sep 19, 2020, 09:12 PM
Buy em , Break em,Buy em ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDennis
Finally bit the bullet and got one of these, the kit is surprisingly nice especially for the price! I had originally intended to put a spare DA50 I've had sitting around on the nose but I'm now looking at an electric setup, has anyone done this? Thinking of the SCORPION SII-5525-195KV on 10 or 12 s, being able to run 10s 5000's would be awesome since I already use them for my pattern planes. Has anyone ran an electric setup? If so what were your thoughts?
I run a power 160 on 10s 4400 19x10 APC , no extra weight in the nose, flies brilliantly, get around 5mins .
Sep 20, 2020, 10:21 AM
I run the same set up
Flies great.
Sep 28, 2020, 12:16 AM
Well mines finally finished
The decals took almost 2 months to arrive. I have a 4 and a half inch carbon spinner and a 16 x 10 Menze prop . Been so busy with work will hopefully maiden this weekend.
Sep 30, 2020, 05:57 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Wow , great job
Sep 30, 2020, 09:11 PM
Nice paint job, good luck with the maiden

Mike
Oct 13, 2020, 06:25 AM
Well the maiden was good
It left the ground earlier than i expected and was a bit ugly for a while but soon sorted itself out.
The DLE 35ra has plenty of power .
Only minor trim needed .
I did have trouble with the retracts locking down . I was sent the first kit with the dodgy air retracts with so much movement. The gear would smash up so hard but only litte force coming down i have since swithed the airlines so they go up softly and smash down. I have set the gear up so when the weight of the plane is on them they toe in slightly when the plane lifts off the ground they are about 30 degrees each toe out , looksl like crap . Doest seem to affect the landing just looks horrible.

It lands nice and slow and took a few approaches to find a good landing speed . Very docile on landing.
I managed to damage my nice Menz prop . Dont ask. So i have put a 2 blade back on for the moment.
I guess if you order this Kit in Australia ask for the later electric retract kit. I have pulled the retracts apart and no amout of loctite will fix this problem as mentioned in earlier posts. The problem is in the machining of the base plate for the twist and turn . I might purchase some better retracts , will fly it a bit more first .
Oct 13, 2020, 09:41 PM
North14, congratulations on the maiden. Your plane really looks great. Too bad about the crapy retracts. Let us know if you find any good "twist and turn" retracts for this size plane.

Quick Reply