Phoenix models p40 30cc new! - RC Groups
Jul 25, 2016, 07:15 PM
Discussion

Phoenix models p40 30cc new!

I was so looking forward to a p40 this size! After looking at the pictures I'm kinda dissapointed. Looks more like a mustang, that color scheme is not anything to cheer about. Of course you can bash it up real good but for something new you'd think they would have done the research. Check it out!
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...mma1770_e.html
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2016, 08:28 PM
I've seen some models that look great in pic, but not in person....likewise seen some ugly looking ads, but when seen in person, look very good.....going to have to see this one on in person to judge.

Jerry
Jul 25, 2016, 08:58 PM
Based on the picture it looks awful.
Jul 25, 2016, 09:10 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Wowzie did they get this one wrong lol !
The gear pods look like they copied the CMP 73" P40 , they were more flat and boxie vs round.
The top air scoop looks like the CMP and the lower front Cowl looks like the discontinued Hanger 9 P40.
Super tiny wheels, no counter balances in the elevators but hey whose looking .
I know someone just did a major bash on the Seagull spitfire so I guess if someone wants to put in the time but or $200 more or less in change you can get the Top Flight ARF .
I guess this one would be so much lighter making it a gem to fly but I would have to make mods.
Open wing frame is another concern on a model this large , surely an opportunity for damage.
All up weight 17lbs , that's a light plane for 80"
Last edited by Ldm; Jul 25, 2016 at 09:16 PM.
Jul 25, 2016, 09:46 PM
Ldm
Ldm
HobbyGulf.com is selling these P40ties from Seagull in the Middle East .
I thought Tower or Sig would bring this version into the USA
Aug 19, 2016, 04:58 PM
Well I just received mine this week from Tower Hobbies for $400.00 with a coupon of course. I must say that pictures never do justice to the plane once you see it in person. If you like I can post my progress on the build and of the maiden. I must say that so far I am very impressed with the quality of the kit. I have been flying and building ARF's since 2001. I have seen the 50cc P51 and 60cc Tucano at my field and I must say that the quality of the P-40 is right there. Its hard to find a 30cc Warbird with a 80" wingspan with air retracts for around $400.00. I have been watching the retracts on the P51 and Tucano at my field and have not seen a failure yet but as I get more involved with the retracts I'll keep you posted. I know that I will be replacing the spinner and the wheels so far. Tonight I'll be starting my build and post pictures of the hardware and all the parts. Looking forward to flying this bird very soon.
Aug 19, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_Matt_Grant
Well I just received mine this week from Tower Hobbies for $400.00 with a coupon of course. I must say that pictures never do justice to the plane once you see it in person. If you like I can post my progress on the build and of the maiden. I must say that so far I am very impressed with the quality of the kit. I have been flying and building ARF's since 2001. I have seen the 50cc P51 and 60cc Tucano at my field and I must say that the quality of the P-40 is right there. Its hard to find a 30cc Warbird with a 80" wingspan with air retracts for around $400.00. I have been watching the retracts on the P51 and Tucano at my field and have not seen a failure yet but as I get more involved with the retracts I'll keep you posted. I know that I will be replacing the spinner and the wheels so far. Tonight I'll be starting my build and post pictures of the hardware and all the parts. Looking forward to flying this bird very soon.
Looking forward to the pics, its awesome you got one. I will be following the build!
Aug 19, 2016, 07:34 PM
Me too!
Aug 19, 2016, 09:47 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Subscribed ,looking forward to tree pics
Aug 20, 2016, 12:25 AM
Well tonight when I got home I basically took a heat gun and iron to to the fuse and wings. Hardly any wrinkles but I wanted to get everything tight. I then took some gap filling ca and went around where I could. I must say I am impressed how well this plane was put together. Lots of room to work and a plus that I can take the top off to work on her. All the other warbirds I was looking at I would have to flip them over and take the wings off. I took the retracts out and they seem beefy. I did not like the wheels that it came with it and I replaced with Robarts. A sample of the stock wheel is below the Robarts. No oleo struts. I was a little bummed about that because some of the pictures I saw did include the oleo struts. They do compress but no scissor hinge like the real one. I am really happy about the cowl. The teeth are painted on. The only thing that needs to be done is to add the stacks and apply the eyes. More to come as I continue to unwrap the parts but so far it looks like an easy build. I'll be working on the wings tomorrow.
Aug 20, 2016, 06:06 AM
Ldm
Ldm
OHHHH Damm , I am starting to like this plane !
The quality looks awesome and a sure easy conversion to electric !
Aug 20, 2016, 12:19 PM
Sweet. is that the tank that came with the kit?
Aug 20, 2016, 07:45 PM
Whats the underside of the wing like, nope they didn't crank the angle of the retracts like a lot of p40 artfs''
Aug 23, 2016, 10:07 AM
AKA
AKA
Hi Matt, planning to get this one also. Hate original wheels. What diameter did you use with the robarts?
Aug 31, 2016, 06:04 PM
How is the build goin? more pics!!!

I am wanting to pull the trigger