Aug 22, 2019, 05:47 AM
No I mean the Gen2 air retracts that come with the updated P40. I've got air retracts with mine that look WAY better than the ones posted at the start of this thread plus a tail retract with doors. I'll probably give it a shot just to have that tail retract out there. Plus it'll help balance the CG with the heavier 55cc engine up front. If it sucks I'll look at swapping it out with electric options.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
Iíve had the esm 1gen and got them to work. Just have to go through them and locktits everything. I obtained a esm knockoff Corsair and needed retracts for it. Just purchased a set of the esm retracts from a member here. Hereís the Corsair.
Sep 19, 2019, 03:04 AM
Finally starting on putting this thing together this weekend. Wingbags from HK on the way for the wings, have the metal servos recommended earlier in the thread, robart valve and extra tubing/quick disconnects for the gear, broken in DLE55RA with a Bowman ring and JTEC pitts muffler on it and here's hoping it all goes smooth. Going to put a gyro in it as well. Two Zippy 2500mah LiFe batteries for the flight packs and a VVRC 24oz tank for fuel. Warbird event at our club is 30 days away.
Sep 19, 2019, 09:53 PM
Has anyone used the NGH 38 cc four stroke?
Sep 20, 2019, 01:47 AM
I think someone was mentioning they were but I dunno. I've read so many horror stories on that thing...
Sep 21, 2019, 01:42 AM
No Guts, No Glory

ngh38 4t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabot79
Has anyone used the NGH 38 cc four stroke?
Hi

I flew this engine in my BH Typhoon, weight of plane is 9Kg.
But static trust I measured was only 6Kg, I could fly it but to less power.
Now I using it in an ESM P47 weight of plane is 7.4Kg, this is right fit flew perfect with this engine.
So bottom line is plane weight, not more than 7,5Kg.
NGH38 has very low compression, I also have an OS GF40 and that engine has much more compression(fly it in my BH Typhoon now).
My NGH runs fine, also I start engine with a starter.
Grts Hans
Oct 01, 2019, 07:56 AM
So I'm going all electric... sold my DLE55 for pretty much what I paid for it to a club member. No VAT for him to worry about and I didn't pay it being US so win/win.

See a lot of ppl running on 8-12S. I'm going to go the cheapskate route and use a battery and ESC I already have plus a 290KV Hobbyking motor. YEP 100A ESC and a 6S Roaring Top 5000mah. 21x13 prop will give me about 14lbs of thrust at 75A and fly it nice and scale. Should get 7-8 minutes out of it. The real P-40 wouldn't go straight up in an unlimited vertical and I don't need this one to. I am building a hot Rev70 for that lol.
Oct 12, 2019, 04:22 PM

Phoenix Models P-40 (scale markings) RIP

Well, I lost my Gen 1 P-40, my mistake... got complacent and forgot to tighten bolts on one wing. It was a very slow inverted spin back to earth, wings are fine but the fuselage broke in two pieces... Got the new Gen 2, and it'll be ready to go as soon as I'm done with the 50cc Phoenix P-51. Had to get another one, this is an awesome flying plane... I love it. The new one will have the same markings, but will have a 50cc engine.
Oct 12, 2019, 08:12 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Great job , the paint really changes the appearance
Oct 13, 2019, 10:18 AM
Yep, it does look better with a different scheme. Wish that Phoenix offered ARC versions like Top Flite, just glass the wings and fuse and paint and go.
Oct 16, 2019, 06:16 AM
Mine's almost done. Decided to go with a more powerful motor so really just waiting on that and installing the air lines for the retracts. Turnigy Rotomax 1.60 231kv motor that can pull 80A. YEP 120A HV ESC, some 19x12 props. Will have about a 1.2:1 power to weight ratio on 10S. The motor I was going to put in it was a 290KV and I'm going to try to get the Phoenix Corsair shipped out here to put it in that on a 8S setup.
Oct 16, 2019, 08:17 PM
Buy em , Break em,Buy em ect
I run a Tacon 160 on 10s with a 18x10 APC , used to run a 19 x10 until I broke it due to the retracts, plenty of go.
I have mistakenly run it on 8s and it still flew OK, though I did think my battery was on the way out
Oct 17, 2019, 11:12 AM
Mine is almost ready. I’m running the Tacon 160 on 12S.

Wondering if 12S 5000 or 12S 3700 will work best.
Oct 17, 2019, 12:47 PM
I'm running mine on 5000s. Roaring Top 10S. Did the math and I gain nothing except more wear and tear on the motor going 12S.

I would not run anything smaller than 5000 unless you want crazy short flights.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk
Oct 17, 2019, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Great job , the paint really changes the appearance
Thanks... Rattle can rustoleum paint.

Quick Reply