Jul 25, 2016, 07:03 PM
Discussion

REVOLECTRIX LiPO GoPACKS

Hey guys

This thread is about our new GoPacks

RevoJohn
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2016, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to these. Can you give a summary of the advatages of these over the conventional 4.2V Lipo's? Thanks.
Jul 25, 2016, 08:10 PM
See the FAQ section at

Www.revoblends.com

J
Jul 25, 2016, 08:27 PM
http://www.revoblends.com/gopacks-faq/4592715030

Doug
Jul 25, 2016, 10:07 PM
ancora imparo
John good to see the sensible FAQ section.
However I have a question.

It states:

"Firstly, the lithium Ion polymer battery has no risk of explosion due to the characteristic of its own package, since the battery explosion occurs only in the abuse or battery internal short circuit.

The abuse mainly refers to overcharge. We have evaluated a 20AH lithium battery; it will not explode even it is overcharged to 10V.
Because the outer layer of plastic film of battery can withstand the pressure about 2Mpa. There is not large enough pressure to incur an explosion. Generally, the explosions occur in steel and aluminium shell batteries, because such batteries may produce gasses which are likely to form a high-pressure, high-temperature."

Not disagreeing with and it is good to have some real data on this much misinformed topic but most of the "explosions" I have seen referenced have been caused by over current not directly by overvoltage. Either people have deliberately pumped a huge continuous current into a LiPo to produce a satisfying YouTube video or a faulty or incorrectly configured charger has continued to pump significant current into a LiPo pack because the cutoff voltage was never reached.

AFAIK, it is the overheating caused by the product of current and internal resistance that causes a temperature rise and eventual fire.

Do you have any information at what currents your over voltage testing was carried out? If this was limited it might be worth including that information as otherwise people will be left with the impression that LiPos can willingly be subject to substantial over voltage without risk. I would think this is not the case - unless there is also a current limit.

"We conducted overcharge test up to 5V for 2.5hours for RC cell and there was no explosion." might be entirely valid at an IR of 5mOhm and a current of 1A. (0.005W internal dissipation). It almost certainly is not at
50 Amps (12.5 Watts internal dissipation).

As a realistic everyday example a charger that is putting 15 Amps into a 6S 3000 mAh pack (5C charge rate) with cell IR of 5 mOhm and fails to reduce the charge rate will generate 8 Watts of internal heat in the pack. Left on continuously for long enough the temperature rise is going to be significant.

Did your Lithipedia guys look at this variable at all?

Thanks

John
Jul 26, 2016, 04:20 AM
Got them yesterday, 6S/3700mAh. They sure the look the business!,
See here for first charge:

http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=743093&page=2
Jul 26, 2016, 12:10 PM
Will the Blend 435 Gopacks for FPV racers be released in Mid - August too?
Jul 26, 2016, 01:56 PM
Wandering IT geek
There's now a Blend455 tab on the main page? Will the PL6 Chargers see a firmware update to allow charging packs to 4.55V per cell? Will normal voltage packs also be made with this technology?
Jul 27, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
There's now a Blend455 tab on the main page? Will the PL6 Chargers see a firmware update to allow charging packs to 4.55V per cell? Will normal voltage packs also be made with this technology?

Of course. but the batteries are a tad more difficult to get them released honestly
Jul 27, 2016, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn
Of course. but the batteries are a tad more difficult to get them released honestly
Meaning what? "Yes" to all three questions? Or "yes" to just one question? If "yes" to just one question, which one?
Jul 27, 2016, 03:12 PM
Very interesting. When/where will they be available? I'd like to see they compare to the others I've tested: 1300mAH lipo comparison testing.
Jul 27, 2016, 04:45 PM
Can't wait for these, http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...eOxide-Edition

Jul 28, 2016, 01:19 AM
Quote:
ok more details

B455 says coming soon so currently: NO
All our charger will be able to handle them...YES
Its a different technology so B420 does not need this: NO

tks
J
Jul 28, 2016, 06:23 PM
Any way to get these in Australia? I've searched everywhere and I can barely find a store that deals with revolectrix, much less actually has anything in stock.
Jul 28, 2016, 06:46 PM
Sorry Suteki,,,,,,,,,,we can;t ship them to AUS right now

Quick Reply