Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 4WD RTR

Available through Tower Hobbies, this licensed replica puts you in the drivers seat of Grave Digger!

Splash

Host Your Own Monster Jam!

The all new Axial Grave Digger is everything that embodies monster trucks in a 1/10th scale RTR! It features a SMT replica chassis, 27 turn motor, realistic wheels and tires, AR60 axles, and much more! Here's what Tower Hobbies has to say about the new Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 4WD RTR: The original Grave Digger was created by driver Dennis Anderson in 1982 and was built from a ’52 Ford pickup. The Grave Digger name came from the fact that the Grave Digger was far older than most of its competitors. When other drivers mentioned it, Anderson’s answer was "I'll take this old junk and dig you a grave with it."

There have been 32 Grave Diggers over the years, including nine currently on the Monster Jam® circuit. Now, the legendary Grave Digger is available in a 1/10 solid-axle scale RTR truck that’s fun to drive and realistically detailed! Highlights include an SMT replica chassis, cage and skid plate in green, a proven Yeti 4-link suspension, “zoomie-“ style chrome exhaust headers and a replica polycarbonate body with interior and driver figure.

CLICK HERE for more info on the all new Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 4WD RTR

Axial AX90055 SMT10™ Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD – RTR (3 min 11 sec)

Specifications:

• Length: 19 in (483 mm)
  • Width: 13.2 in (335 mm)
  • Height: 10.6 in (269 mm)
  • Wheelbase: 13.9 in (353 mm)
  • Ground Clearance: 2.9 in (73.7 mm)
  • Weight: 7.1 lb (3.2 kg)
  • Motor: Axial 27T Electric Motor
  • Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz
  • Servo: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
  • ESC: AE-5, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
  • Requirements: 6-cell NiMH or 2S LiPo battery, Charger and 4 “AA” batteries

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 25, 2016 at 09:40 AM..
Jul 25, 2016, 11:55 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
I wanna see it with the shocks mounted in the 'scale' positions.. but other than that.. it looks great!!
Jul 25, 2016, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
I wanna see it with the shocks mounted in the 'scale' positions.. but other than that.. it looks great!!
They said you can do that but they put them in the position they are in now because the truck all around worked much better with them in the position they are in now.
Jul 25, 2016, 08:43 PM
Axial is starting to develop some desirable RCs. They seem to have cobbled together two of their last three releases from nearly all off the shelf parts. The Bomber is a Wraith front end with a Yeti rear end. The cage and skid were new and a tweak on the transfer case to make it work out. It works good together and is a scaler of a real buggy. I'm building one myself right now.

This appears to have the same trailing arms front/rear and almost resembles a cage from their AX10. I haven't looked to close yet, but I'd bet the tyranny is off the shelf, too. Lower cost for them and big fun for the consumer.

I wouldn't mind having one of these myself. I've always been a fan of the Grave Digger and have a few toy cars from my youth of the it.

This is a niche RC and I'd really like to see it in action. I'm guessing it's more of a basher due to the nature of its design.

#CamBrady2017
Jul 26, 2016, 11:41 AM
Last edited by Akura2; Jul 28, 2016 at 12:01 PM.
Jul 26, 2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
almost resembles a cage from their AX10.

#CamBrady2017

The cage is all new and is a replica of the real thing...

Jul 26, 2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman
They said you can do that but they put them in the position they are in now because the truck all around worked much better with them in the position they are in now.
true.. but I just want to see what it looks like...
Jul 27, 2016, 08:37 PM
what a nice truck n scaled look !
Jul 29, 2016, 12:57 AM
Valiant Poultry
I preordered one.

I loved my Wheely King, and this adds a bit of size, a bit more realism, and a whole lot of awesome.

I'll probably spend most of my time with it on groomed walking/MTB trails...it's open diffs won't matter too much on that type of terrain.

I haven't been excited for an RC in a long time...but as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it.
Jul 29, 2016, 08:14 AM
Park Stormer
Wondering if a kit version is also planned
Jul 29, 2016, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
I preordered one.

I loved my Wheely King, and this adds a bit of size, a bit more realism, and a whole lot of awesome.

I'll probably spend most of my time with it on groomed walking/MTB trails...it's open diffs won't matter too much on that type of terrain.

I haven't been excited for an RC in a long time...but as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it.
I'm pretty sure this one will have locked axles.
Aug 04, 2016, 11:35 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
I'm pretty sure this one will have locked axles.
From what I have read it has open diffs.

The manual for it shows a gear differential, and lists the lockers as optional parts. The assembly diagram also shows the gear differentials.
Last edited by Gimpdiggity; Aug 04, 2016 at 11:47 PM.
Aug 05, 2016, 04:55 PM
It may be then.

#CamBrady2017
Aug 05, 2016, 04:56 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
It may be then.

#CamBrady2017
Mine arrived today. I'll post back with my findings after work.
Aug 05, 2016, 11:07 PM
Valiant Poultry
Diffs are open. Confirmed.

It's actually a pretty amazing looking vehicle. The only thing I don't like is the headlight "stickers." They're just not up to the quality of the rest of the truck. I'm hoping someone makes some actual lenses and buckets that I can glue into it eventually.

Quick Reply