This thread is privately moderated by gooniac33, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 24, 2016, 10:47 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eleven Hobbies F8F Bearcat ARF/PnP

Bang Good was kind enough to send me one of their brand new Eleven Hobby F8F Bearcats to review... Wow!!!! What a cool plane!! All of the packaging was some of the best I have ever seen. The box was molded to the plane and everything fit in perfectly!

The build was very easy and the quality of the plane is very good! All parts fit perfectly and the hardware is good quality as well!

The most surprising was the power system... On 3s it is very powerful and the efficiency is not to be overlooked Considering how much thrust was being produced. Half throttle was even more impressive! This plane will be a rocketship on 3s.... So then I connected a 4s battery for some testing. What an even bigger surprise!!! The power on 4s is in no way needed but it is nice to see that even at full throttle the plane was under 60 amps and the battery was still above nominal voltage which means the pack is very happy! Half throttle yielded lots of thrust but barely 11amps which is next to nothing... All in all this is a very impressive plane!! I can not wait to fly it!!!
This was throttle with a 3s 25c 2200 Gens Ace Pack

Full throttle peak with 3s 25c 2200 Gens Ace Pack

Half throttle with a 4s 25c 2200mah Gens Ace Pack

Full Throttle with a 4s 25c 2200mah Gens Ace Pack

The plane comes with an EC3 connector. None of my batteries use this connector so I changed it out to a Deans. I also use UBECs in all of my planes. I added an AEO 5v 5amp ubec as well.

The supplied Y harnesses were a little too loose for my liking so I added some take to them as a precaution.

The fit and finish on this plane is really good! I will do a more indepth review at a later date... but here is all finished and ready to go!!

to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2016, 01:52 PM
Does yours balance at the recommended CG point with just a 3s 2200mah pack? There is discussion that another 3 ozs is needed.
Jul 24, 2016, 05:52 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Oh, is that ever sweet...

Looking forward to the flight test. Banggood is distributing some incredible rides as of late.
Jul 25, 2016, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy101
Does yours balance at the recommended CG point with just a 3s 2200mah pack? There is discussion that another 3 ozs is needed.
It doesn't balance anywhere near where I will feel comfy... it is at the rear of the cg range with a 3s 25c 2200mah pack. That usually spells disaster for a warbird. They prefer a CG closer to the leading edge of the wing. Not the center.... I will try it with a 3s 35c 3500 and then check it again. Would rather it be battery weight than dead weight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation
Oh, is that ever sweet...

Looking forward to the flight test. Banggood is distributing some incredible rides as of late.
I am pretty impressed with this and the other planes that they have coming out!! Test flight next weekend...

Quick Reply